Chang

Britain and the European Union

yeah, you got me on this one. really

i guess with many things-one does not know what they had until they lost it---

like a friend or a country or safety

if you happen to get yours back

try and not give it away again

i am pullin' for ya'll

This might give you some idea what's going on. This is piece by Liam Fox (conservative) as a result of a talk he had in the USA and what Americans had misunderstood. I think if the USA truly understood the shocking mess we are in they would be concerned that in time they might well come to see a Europe that is no longer an ally, but a worn out multicultural basket case.

http://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/fox-on-friday-americans-would-never-submit-to-foreign-rule-unlike-us/

• Like 1

This is obviously a question worthy of consideration when considering whether Britain should remain within the European Super State.

It is not simply a matter of immigration from the present member states but the uncontrolled immigration (The E.U. being unable or unwilling to control such immigration.) from the Middle East and Africa of Muslims. This will become a double edged sword when Turkish citizens have the right of unrestricted travel within Europe.

There are of course those who consider racial diversity a good thing and one can only imagine that they will be in favour of Britain remaining within the E.U.

12898253_928097263955182_593190382780536

Edited by Chang
  • Like 1

I noticed last night, that after Cameron 'had a word' with the Chinese Ambassador, that we have a furore over some Chinese tariffs on British special steels.

Putting 2+2 together I can already see this is a EU remain setup. Let's see if I'm correct. Money on it that there will be a boosting of anger over potential losses of jobs at the special steels plant and a lack of movement from the Chinese to rectify the matter. Then, Cameron will get together with our EU partners and use their combined strength to force a compromise. Then he will appear on TV blowing hard about how important it is to stay in because we can negotiate much better as a block.

"Good for British business, good for British jobs and Good for Britain".

As this is a dated forum. I will be able to confirm my suspicions in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble spoke at a university in Switzerland on Tuesday. He criticized the European Central Bank for creating policy which puts Germany at a disadvantage compared to other EU members.

This just goes to show that in a union with so many competing interests, the compromises which are eventually reached leave no one happy. Germany is arguably one of the members which benefits most from EU policies and has a significant say in them; and even they feel hard done by.

12916258_930016783763230_650307890787318

Whilst never being so naĂŻve as to believe that the E.U. was a union of equals I did once think that it was a union that benefited its weaker, poorer members. Greece has proved that this is not in fact the case having suffered financial collapse resulting in "draconian" assistance from its fellow E.U. member states.

As if this were not bad enough it has had to suffer the onslaught of mass immigration to its shores from the Middle East and Africa only to find that the European Super State has proved itself anything but super in its handling of this crisis.

• Like 1

Still neck to neck if we are to believe the poll results.

trans-rectangle.pngtrans-rectangle.png2F6398B400000578-3360290-The_research_by

Cameron and his Pro Super State Flunkies will now attempt to increase the "Stay In" vote by the use of taxpayers money. Nothing new in this of course. They claim that the electorate are craving hard facts regarding Britains E.U. membership and this leaflet will provide just that. The problem is that the "facts" will all point the voter in the direction of remaining in the super State.

The U.K. Government is to spend nearly £10 million of taxpayers' money sending leaflets to every household in the country to make the case for Britain to stay in the European Union.

In a move described by leave campaigners as "disgraceful", Downing Street signed off on plans to spend £9.2m printing and distributing the 16 page glossy leaflet outlining the benefits of Britain’s continued EU membership.

The publication, which will start arriving on doorsteps next week, makes the case for why the Government believes that "voting to remain in the EU is the best decision for the UK". 

But in a move that will be attacked by critics as an escalation of Downing Street’s "Project Fear" tactics, the leaflet also warns that leaving the EU would cause an "economic shock" and increase the prices of household goods.

It goes on to say that British voters would lose access to cheap flights and face higher mobile roaming charges when travelling if they back a Brexit, and that "over three million UK jobs are linked to exports to the EU".

The pamphlet recalls a tactic used by Harold Wilson ahead of the 1975 referendum when an "independent" government analysis of his renegotiation was sent by voters alongside the pro- and anti- campaign literature.

It is being sent out now because the Government is able to spend an unlimited amount of money on its campaign to keep Britain in the EU ahead of the "purdah" period, which comes into force 28 days ahead of the June 23 referendum.

Critics say this gives the Government an unfair advantage over the campaigns attempting to take Britain out of the EU.

We should all get together and throw the leaflets into Downing Street. It's junk mail as far as I'm concerned and needs returning from whence it came. This Government are really arrogant bastards and that might well come across. I was thinking of the blitz spirit. That at the beginning people were shocked and frightened, but after a few months of living with the fear they began to harden to it. Fear is a future condition, once you get used to it then it becomes resentment and resistance. The Remain campaign must be careful they do not continue to be pulled by operation fear into matching the rhetoric. They must switch to a blitz mentality which hardens people and gives them hope in respect of Leaving.

Cameron's recent revelation about his Fathers tax affairs, his refusal to answer, coming on top of his rhetoric about transparency and fairness will seriously undermine his credibility. Add in the steel situation, the increase in migrants, the Greek situation which is developing, a European economic down turn and it starts to topple over in people's minds.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Cameron is to spend ÂŁ9.3 million of taxpayers' money distributing pro-EU pamphlets to every home in Britain, effectively allowing the In campaign to spend more than twice as much as the Leave campaign.

Knowing he has a weak case, the Prime Minister is trying to load his gloves in what was supposed to be a fair fight – but he will only succeed in damaging his reputation and calling the legitimacy of the referendum into question.

12974312_930343873730521_558259006364106

• Like 1

Kim Jong Cameron and his dodgy tax affairs. I nick named him Clare Cameron. His continually insistence that he is Clare, that his party is Clare, all his policies are Clare and that we should believe he is Clare.

"Read my lips. I did not have sexual relations with that pig"

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Dutch vote No to EU/ Ukraine deal.

61% voted against the Government of Holland and by implication, against their EU masters. The vote is non binding and of course the EU politburo has brushed it aside as an irrelevance. Nigel Farage was very pleased with the result and had helped to campaign on behalf of the No faction.

Europeans are beginning to wake up to the EU nightmare, it's unelected, undemocratic bureaucracy, corruption, arrogance and incompetence is now firmly in the spotlight.

Cameron doesn't even mention the reforms he supposedly got anymore, he knows that's a busted flush and people see the reality. He asked for nothing, he got less than nothing and it is now obvious to anyone that the EU will never be reformed, that it is instead welded to a course of anti-freedom.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Cameron and the "Stay In" wallahs will now begin to work on the fears of the population, stressing the dangers of losing the cover of the E.U. security blanket. When we receive the leaflet through our letter box it will prove to be a plethora of veiled threats regarding Britain being too weak and pathetic to stand alone and our likely fate should we attempt to do so.

Poor Cameron is very much beginning to resemble the Emperor in his new clothes but the likely result of the referendum is still too close to call..

• Like 1

If Cameron resigns because of the Panama Papers and the ironically named Blairsmore fund ... I predict the referendum will be postponed and even possibly shelved.

Just thinking out loud here.

If Cameron resigns because of the Panama Papers and the ironically named Blairsmore fund ... I predict the referendum will be postponed and even possibly shelved.

Just thinking out loud here.

I can see no reason for Cameron to resign over this matter, though to be fair the business has been woefully mishandled.

As to the postponement of the referendum - no - even were he to resign.

As regards the Panama Papers and Cameron’s involvement it is all piss and wind as far as the Prime Minister is concerned.

Much as I despise the man I doubt that we shall discover much more regarding his off shore investments. Perhaps we will see Tony Blair's name appearing though. Now there is one dodgy geezer with an even dodgier wife.

Edited by Chang

He made such a fuss over the sinful tax avoiders, even coining the perjorative 'aggressive tax avoiders' to which he applied what he wants us all to believe are principles. That description was applied on a broad scale in order to fool the electorate that 'we were all in it together' and he was taking the 'hard decisions' which were 'right' and 'fair to other hard working tax payers.

Of course Cameron has never done a days productive work in his life, he has manipulated and rewarded to achieve prestige. Yet, he managed to convince everyone that he was just a bit posh and bumbling, but now the cat is out of the bag. Of course he didn't do anything wrong, but his summation that 'others' were cheating and he was the sword of justice has just been revealed as a big old hoax.

My guess is he is finished. I don't think it will be a rapid resignation, but he is damaged, half his party dislike him-particularly as he has lied over the way the Government will act over the EU. Then he has already announced he will stand down and the wolves are gathering. These things have an inertia and Cameron's position will become untenable. Over the last few years he has shrugged off attacks and Milliband/Corbyn were the kind of gifts that come along once in a millennia, but this time there are too many coincidental to let Mr Slippy slide away.

I'm waiting for that leaflet to arrive and it shall be shoved in an envelope and sent back to number 10. I expect it will be one of many thousands.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

I'm waiting for that leaflet to arrive and it shall be shoved in an envelope and sent back to number 10. I expect it will be one of many thousands.

"Unsolicited mail. Please return to sender at sender expense".

Unfortunately this particular mail has been financed by the taxpayer.

• Like 1

"Unsolicited mail. Please return to sender at sender expense".

Unfortunately this particular mail has been financed by the taxpayer.

Yes, I shall use a stamp.

• Like 1

dodgy dave, eh

An example of his kind. No worse and no better than the norm.

Here is map showing Euroscepticism of Europhilism on a national level. Recent polls show that things are still very much neck to neck.

EUmapStat2.png

As a point of interest note how pro-European Scotland would appear. This is a nation whose parliament is dominated by Scottish Nationalists who long for independence from England but wish to remain part of the E.U.. Freedom from England but slavery to the European Super State.

Edited by Chang

The whole of Scotland has 5 million people. Their contribution, though obviously important, won't mean much in the long run.

It's the high urban concentrations London, Sheffied, Birningham, Manchester and Liverpool that make the biggest impact.

The E.U. referendum leaflet arrived through my door this morning and was much as expected.

For those Bums resident outside the UK this link will take you to the leaflets content.

https://www.eureferendum.gov.uk/why-the-government-believes-we-should-remain/eu-referendum-leaflet/

My copy has already been posted back to David Cameron in protest at the misuse of public funds.

• Like 2

The E.U. referendum leaflet arrived through my door this morning and was much as expected.

For those Bums resident outside the UK this link will take you to the leaflets content.

https://www.eureferendum.gov.uk/why-the-government-believes-we-should-remain/eu-referendum-leaflet/

My copy has already been posted back to David Cameron in protest at the misuse of public funds.

I'm going to make mine a lot more messy before returning it. I'm not suggesting a dirty protest by the way ;-) I'm stripping my brakes down and replacing the seals, so it proved a good mat to place the Pistons and seal lubricant. So, it will be a bit mucky by the time it goes into an envelope.

• Like 1

I suppose it had to come and it is really no surprise.

We have so far been warned that an exit from the European superstate would leave Britain alone and at risk. This is obviously thought insufficient to ensue a "Stay In" vote in the referendum so now the I.M.F. is stating that should Britain vote to leave it would pose a dire threat to both Europe and the World. The pro Europe argument is fast descending into farce.

"The International Monetary Fund has downgraded its forecast for UK economic growth over fears of disruption if Britain votes to leave the European Union on June 23.

In its World Economic Outlook, the global financial body warned that Brexit could inflict "severe regional and global damage" by disrupting trade relations.

Negotiations over post-exit arrangements would probably be "protracted", leading to an "extended" period of uncertainty and market volatility.

The IMF scaled back its projection of UK economic growth for 2016 by 0.3 percentage points to 1.9% - marginally below the 2% forecast of the Government's Office for Budget Responsibility - but held its forecast for 2017 at 2.2%."

Edited by Chang

This is Christine Largade - Osbournes mate who he worked to promote to the IMF-the same Christine Lagarde who is currently to attend court on a 400 million euro fraud case she has been alleged to have participated in. George needed an endorsement from his pal. A friend in need is a friend indeed.

• Like 1

Vote Leave named as official Brexit campaign in EU referendum

Electoral Commission chooses group fronted by Michael Gove and Boris Johnson over Nigel Farage-backed Grassroots Out

The Electoral Commission has announced that Vote Leave has been designated as the official lead campaign urging Britain to leave the European Union in the run-up to the June referendum.

The decision will allow the group to spend up to £7m it has raised itself, and it will also be given £600,000 of taxpayers’ money to spend on the administration costs of running a campaign.

It will also be able to send one leaflet to every home in Britain – although the government has infuriated Brexit campaigners by sending its own publicly funded leaflet already.

Vote Leave, which has the support of cabinet ministers and prominent Conservatives including Michael Gove, Boris Johnson and Chris Grayling, and is chaired by the Labour MP Gisela Stuart, had been widely expected to be anointed as the lead group.

Rolling coverage of all the day’s political developments as they happen, including reaction to the John Whittingdale sex worker revelation and David Cameron and Jeremy Corbyn at PMQs

Claire Bassett, chief executive of the Electoral Commission, said: “After careful consideration, the commission decided that Vote Leave Ltd better demonstrated that it has the structures in place to ensure the views of other campaigners are represented in the delivery of its campaign.”

The rival group Grassroots Out, which involves the UK Independence party leader, Nigel Farage, had been expected to contest any decision to award the support to Vote Leave.

But its co-founder Peter Bone said: “We congratulate Vote Leave on securing designation and we thank our supporters for all the hard work they have put into the campaign so far.

“We look forward to working closely and productively with all those who want to see the UK set free to determine its own destiny. We are determined to play our part in creating a united front to secure victory on 23 June for Leave – Independence Day.”

A spokesman for Vote Leave said: “Our focus has always been the real campaign and the £350m we send to Brussels every week which we want to spend on our priorities like the NHS. We will continue to work constructively with everyone who wants to campaign for a Leave vote.”

Arron Banks, the founder and major funder of Leave.EU, one of the main groups behind Grassroots Out, said he planned to challenge the Electoral Commission’s decision, citing the fact that Steve Bell, the president of the National Conservative Convention, had tweeted the result the night before the official announcement.

Banks said this “smells of political corruption from our high-minded establishment and cannot be allowed to pass without challenge”. However, a Downing Street spokesman stressed that the date for the referendum has been set in law.

Nigel Farage, the key figurehead for Leave.EU, did not appear to be in combative mood after the decision was announced. He tweeted simply:

"Political parties will still be able to run their own campaigns, separate from the designated, cross-party groupings. Farage added: “Ukip as the only national anti-EU political party and with a £4m spending limit will of course play a major role in this campaign. I have always wanted all on the leave side to come together and have done my best to try and make this happen.”

On the remain side, the Electoral Commission confirmed that Britain Stronger in Europe, the group that has been co-ordinating the campaigning activities of the prime minister, but also involves senior figures from the other major political parties, will be lead campaigner. Its application for the designation, which it submitted as “The In Campaign Ltd”, was uncontested.

Edited by Chang