Perceiver

Testicle breathing - experiences?

I recently started testicle breathing as part of Michael Winn's alchemy system.

Of the sexual tao exercises I've done it is by far the one that gives me the most relief from the sexual desire that I normally feel.

I would like to hear people's experiences with this practice - what did they feel, and which effect did it have on them? Any advice that you have? 

Also would be good to know if there's anything you need to ensure in advance before starting this practice. Obviously I can imagine you need to be familiar with the MCO, yet are there other practices that are regarded as foundational before this one?

Part of my motivation for the question is that you read some horror stories about sexual practices every now and then, so would be good to hear from the people who actually did it :).

• Like 2

I do not have anything to contribute in the way of experience. I would like to see someone pick up in your discussion in that way though.

Would you mind sharing other sexual tao exercises you've tried and examined? You're brief experience and thoughts would be appreciated.

I am in pursuit of something I can learn and keep as a tool to channel my sexual energy elsewhere, for higher thinking, also taming my sexual desire in the moment it suddenly arrives in the process. I have not developed any effective measures yet.

I may skip the step of foundational practice (for sake of my pursuit) and look into the exercise "testical breathing" you mentioned above. Maybe I can sort of work backwards from there.

Edited by misterziegler

Hi Ziegler

Not sure if its wise to skip the foundational practice. I've done a few of the healing live exercises and they have worked well. Calmed my sexual irritation. Since starting testicle breathing i seem to have lost my ability to feel orgasms though. Only been a week or two so maybe itll come back or maybe its related to something else, but am not taking any chances so ive stopped.

Yeah. Things happen in steps. I am more fond of the approach of beginning at ground zero. I havent begun to learn any teachings at all until recently. I have to keep reminding myself that it (channeling of sexual energy) will happen sort of on its own as i progress in my practices. I started with Qi Gong last week.

And thanks for sharing, i'm seeing more and more that the utmost respect for these practices would be well to have for myself going forward.

Edited by misterziegler

My sexual desire is still there, however i would say that it has become more proactive instead of reactive. As for the dull orgasms i will be updating this thread.

Usually, in meditation if your sexual desire disappears or if it loses power, it's not a good sign.

Depends on your reason for meditating. If you're doing it for enlightenment then it's neither here nor there.

Depends on your reason for meditating. If you're doing it for enlightenment then it's neither here nor there.

According to the enlightenment theories, one cannot get it without without a body (this one or the next ones).

Sexual desire marks the existence of healthy energy currents inside the body: it's a physiological element like the digestion process or the nails growth.

If your meditation kills the physiological processes of the body, in my opinion it's legit to consider that maybe one should change the method to save the body, the thing that one need to get enlightenment.

Sublimation of sexual energy happens on an emotional level: a point where feelings of internal energy (which is a tactile sensation) transform into an emotion of ultimate love.

That's my opinion.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

So, about ten days or two weeks since I stopped testicle breathing. Some of the feeling in the orgasms has come back. Still not 100% recovered. Maybe around 50%. Not sure why this happened, but if I try this in the future I will get a qualified instructor to guide me. Also I'll go back and make sure I do all the foundational practices first. Not sure if I've missed some of those..

Edited by Perceiver

So far my experience this past two weeks, my sexual drives and feelings have been much more prominent and awake practicing QiGong . I just began a basic moving qi gong two weeks ago and my sexual desires been sort of so in my face and I chose to give in to it. However I am glad I did because I finally quit being ashamed of when I did so.

Now exercising this standing still QiGong as of a few days ago , taught in the book "way of energy", it is practicing teachings of studies on trees, the naturality of them and the life they live, and how it can be learned from. I am exercising much more mental discipline. It generally works on mind, body, spirit collectively.

Anyways I'm not essentially "silencing" or ignoring my sexual urges, as i first thought i should, I just have the discipline to acknowledge them and let them play out as pure emotion, without acting on them.

It can be quite intense, when they come, just letting them pass and moving on with your day. Roller coaster of sorts. But it's so different and a pleasant new frontier. It carries with it a hint of fun challenge.

I've chalked it up as a positive milestone in my journey . I plan to keep that sexual side of my energy sacred and channel it further along whenever the time is right.

Edited by misterziegler

Testicle breathing is a stupid and ridiculous misenterpretation of dan tian breathing.

Not many people know this, but the purpose of placing the mind in the lower dantian is in order to allow the lungs to fill and empty more completely.   When meditators focus the mind downward, it is a subtle way to bring more oxygen into the lungs, and as such then to expunge more c02.   This allows more oxygen to be carried in the blood, thus the feeling of goose down covering the whole body when you meditate.   Both Jiang Weiqiao and Chen Yingning wrote about this topic extensively.

Centring the mind is also a way to shut up all the self talk that goes on in the brain at all times and therefore a good way to let the mind rest.

Placing the mind in the testicles will only make you uncomfortable in the long term and it isn't as pure a method as simply focusing on the lower dantian.  It is meant to produce very fast results, but it doesn't have a deep result.   Most people aren't willing to take the three or so years of daily practice that it takes to open the MCO, so they try to skip steps.

My suggestion would be that you simply focus on the dantian or qi xue and breath in a relaxed manner until you start to gradually build up a resevoir of qi down there.  The Qi will first pass through the wei lu and jia ji, and later on will start to pierce the yuzhen area.  This can take a long time, but if you don't follow the practice correctly, you will just end up with years of wasted effort and become what Lu Dongbin calls "ghost immortal."

• Like 2

Ahhh. Testicle breathing and related exercises. Brings back the 90-ties, armed with the skill of a few seminars and a full collection of Mantak Chia books I spent a couple of years with my testicles in one hand and......

Back to the latest entry.

It is nice when chinese teachers and the observations of Western medical science converge.

Put your attention in the abdomen and your breathing will slow down.

Correct alignments of shoulders and spine will aid in abdominal breathing.

Breathing 4-7 breaths per minute, with the optimal rate depending on gender and length, will cause entrainment (?) in the autonomic nervous system causing marvellous things to happen.

According to the enlightenment theories, one cannot get it without without a body (this one or the next ones).

Sexual desire marks the existence of healthy energy currents inside the body: it's a physiological element like the digestion process or the nails growth.

If your meditation kills the physiological processes of the body, in my opinion it's legit to consider that maybe one should change the method to save the body, the thing that one need to get enlightenment.

Sublimation of sexual energy happens on an emotional level: a point where feelings of internal energy (which is a tactile sensation) transform into an emotion of ultimate love.

That's my opinion.

Perhaps this is poorly worded but none the less incorrect:

Sexual Energy is not the same as Sexual Desire - and you state in numerous places that sexual Desire is important and needed for Enlightenment.

• Like 1

So you sublimate, sexual desire is twisted to become a desire for union with the divine. And the frustration of this in combination with prayer and meditation creates Doubt, which according to both Chan tradition and Western religious psychology are vital for deep religious experiences.