宁

Warm Path

With all due respect Lin, I don't buy that. This kind of answers is too abstract. If I ask you about what is the mind, you will tell me something about the Void, wouldn't you. And so on.

What I'm looking for is a practical definition, or at least a hint at it, and this is only because I have a riddle my teacher gave me to solve.

If I go to him and say "Oh, it is the mind", he'll ask me to do it. And I try and it doesn't work. How can you use the mind without using the senses. How can you move the qi without sensing it?

:mellow:

Hi Little1,

please take a look at what I once had to say about qi based on my understanding of taoist classics and practice:

http://www.skymountain.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=148

Religion or the religous exprience is hard wired into our brains.This can be artificial stimulated by external applicatin of electro magnetic impluse to particular parts of the brain.As can profound memorys of childhood,sexual manifestations,expriences of heaven and hell,also obe and a sense of other beings close to us when in fact theres no one there in physical realm.Roughly from the age of twelve we effectively become hard wired via the vehicle of language to use a reuse the same neuro pathways.Meditation,drugs,high fever,stravation etc are age old methods to help us unwire as it were.The religous exprience,the mystical exprience,are all wonderful attributes we have been engendered with, do to the actions of the enviroment upon our ancestors.They should be valued as important survival mechanism not abused for land ownership or control over other people.

great post

rainbows