Hi RT,

Thanks for your summaries--- it is line with what I have learned also, which is often rare online. Your English is fine, don't worry about it. Unfortunately, I cannot read, digest and respond as quickly, but I wanted to know that your posts are appreciated. 

Of course, Steve's posts are always appreciated.

• Like 3

thanks brother

:)

I love those teachings, I love Nagarjunas works and what came after them, because they work so well with my sceptical post christianity (God is Dead and we have killed him) nihilist attitude (that nietzsche and dostoyewski thought of as one of the most destructive states of mind a human could have, and what came in its wake? W.W. 1 + 2 with its insane and mad ideologies) - anyway I feel that nihilist attidtude can't survive madhyamika, I mean I think like that - I guess... but then maybe it can, still not fully convinced my self but preeeeetty convinced.

and if say madhyamika (and there are other schools and philosophies capable of that I am sure, I just don't know them so well) can pass beyond the nihilst sceptic guarding the door in front of the deeper layers of being - then that will change the west forever

I really believe that

Edited by RigdzinTrinley

I love this quote by Dag Hammarskjold:

God does not die on the day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die on the day when our lives cease to be illumined by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reason.

(note: I'm not saying belief in a personal God is my view, it's not, but the sentiment is spot on)

• Like 2

do you know Jordan B. Peterson? he worte a great book called "the maps of meaning" also most of his University lectures are on youtube - some of them are excellent - if you have some free time to explore what the western world has to say about the "psyche" at the moment I can highly recommend it

escpecially the latest courses (years 2014-2015)

"maps of meaning" (that I would watch first)

and

"transformations of the personality"

great lectures - and a great speaker/thinker in my opinion, I don't agree with him on all levels, but then he "seems" not to be the buddha (thats my impure perception of course)

----------

I'm also thinking about reading "on time and being" by heidegger, not now (first I will study more madhyamika with my lamas) and then see how heidegger came close to nagarjuna and where he stopped in his analysis of reality

I read somewhere that his theory of BEING(calls it also "nothing" sometimes) and beings is very similar to buddhist thought and adi shankaracharyas philosophy - unfortunately I also read some of mr.heideggers work and it makes my head hurt a bit ;)

almost a non dualist mr. heidegger almost - unfortunately some say he was a nazi, but he was a nazi as much as siggie freud was (by keeping quiet - which is not enough of course)

Edited by RigdzinTrinley

do you know Jordan B. Peterson? he worte a great book called "the maps of meaning" also most of his University lectures are on youtube - some of them are excellent - if you have some free time to explore what the western world has to say about the "psyche" at the moment I can highly recommend it

escpecially the latest courses (years 2014-2015)

"maps of meaning" (that I would watch first)

and

"transformations of the personality"

I don't now Peterson, I'll check him out, thanks

..., I don't agree with him on all levels, but then he "seems" not to be the buddha (thats my impure perception of course)

This is a really interesting comment and has sparked a question for myself -

Were I to meet the Buddha, would I agree with him on all levels?

Food for thought, or contemplation...