Sign in to follow this  
Everything

What is your experience?

That totally didn't make any sense. xD But in a sense in my experience sometimes I wonder if we actually are not choosing what we are choosing but that it is all calculated. However that thought doesn't feel good because we're not robots. We have free will. And us being a robot sounds scary to me. Yucky thought.

I'd rather meditate that thought away. Ohmmmmm. Onioonnnnn. Cheese.... oh my god the cheese are coming to get me. And then I doing flying kick on the cheese. And then there is no more cheese left and then I have a funeral for the cheese and we all discuss what kind of music the cheese wanted for us to play and so we meditate some more and we come into contact with the spirit of cheese and it says it likes bach. Then people scream away running. Aaahhh!!! Not bach please!!! We want hardrock! Yeehhaaa!

Much better.

Have you read any of Tom Robbins' fiction? This post brought him to mind. He created full novels out of ideas like what you shared here.

How to properly relate with the duality is the question.  Some suggest merging everything (not you, the Ten Thousand Things) into Oneness.  I, personally, have never been able to see how this is possible.  There is a natural reason why there are the Ten Thousand Things.

Come on over to the oneness vs individuality thread. There's some neat stuff there, and Steve dropped a gem that has 'for you' sparkling all over it. :)

oops sorry for the last part of that.

That's okay.  I don't blush any more.

So freewill allows us to choose bondage. So if you're free, you're also bounded. We're always the center of those. It all comes from us. We're all one and you are my yin yang brother.

You've got it.  Our free will allows us to choose being bounded (bondage).  In the natural world we are bound by only what is possible.  We cannot do the impossible.  At least, not now; not until it becomes possible.

Yes, we each are the center of our own universe.  Many people don't realize that or perhaps deny it.

Yes, I am yang but I try to be yin as often as I can.  I love my valley spirit.

That totally didn't make any sense.

Well, it made sense to me so I responded to it.

I'm not going to talk about your cheese though.

I just like the shared notes. Some of the words are useful, some are not. Looking at how others see things is enjoyable, and useful, sometimes. When it is neither I walk away. Thank you for your concern. :)

Sure.  And on the positive side, yes, he writes excellent notes and especially why he chose to state something the way he did as opposed to how most state such.  Yes, he is enjoyable to read.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Come on over to the oneness vs individuality thread. There's some neat stuff there, and Steve dropped a gem that has 'for you' sparkling all over it. :)

I check on it periodically.  I haven't wanted to interrupt the beautiful discussion that has been going on.

• Like 1

That's okay. I don't blush any more.

You've got it. Our free will allows us to choose being bounded (bondage). In the natural world we are bound by only what is possible. We cannot do the impossible. At least, not now; not until it becomes possible.

Yes, we each are the center of our own universe. Many people don't realize that or perhaps deny it.

Yes, I am yang but I try to be yin as often as I can. I love my valley spirit.

I think duality might be the underlying platform for all of this but I think there are also higher dimensions. And we're all expanding into those. Our consciousness is right? Sure I see duality but I also see this 4d world. And in my dreams maybe 5d. I don't know how it all relates tho.

I think duality might be the underlying platform for all of this but I think there are also higher dimensions. And we're all expanding into those. Our consciousness is right? Sure I see duality but I also see this 4d world. And in my dreams maybe 5d. I don't know how it all relates tho.

Yeah, because of my understandings and experiences I can go only so far with this.  I hold that the 4th dimension is time/space.  I have no idea what a 5th dimension might be other than a music group.

Indeed, if I can point to "this" and name it and then point to "that" and name it as well I am invoking duality.

At one point (prior to the big bang) there was oneness (often called singularity).  Then the Three gave birth to the Ten Thousand Things.

Are we still on topic?  I have forgotten.

Sure.  And on the positive side, yes, he writes excellent notes and especially why he chose to state something the way he did as opposed to how most state such.  Yes, he is enjoyable to read.

Ach. I like the quotes of other people's notes. :)

Ach. I like the quotes of other people's notes. :)

Yep.  I thought that was very well done also.  I always went to them when I felt uncomfortable with how he translated various lines.  One must give him much credit for doing all the research gathering those quotes.

• Like 1

Yeah, because of my understandings and experiences I can go only so far with this.  I hold that the 4th dimension is time/space.  I have no idea what a 5th dimension might be other than a music group.

Indeed, if I can point to "this" and name it and then point to "that" and name it as well I am invoking duality.

At one point (prior to the big bang) there was oneness (often called singularity).  Then the Three gave birth to the Ten Thousand Things.

Are we still on topic?  I have forgotten.

What do you call the process that enabled/caused/expressed with the bang?

• Like 1

What do you call the process that enabled/caused/expressed with the bang?

Hehehe.  I don't call it anything.  Tao gave birth to One.  There was some hanky-panky going on.  But we cannot see before the beginning and I can't even imagine anything before the beginning so for me to think on this would be nothing more than mental masturbation. 

Scientifically, I think that Singularity became so dense that it simply could not contain itself any longer and blew its top and all other areas as well.  And actually, one theory suggests that it wasn't really a "Big Bang" because the beginning was very small and there was no space for sound to travel through so there wasn't even a "Bang!"

• Like 1

Hehehe.  I don't call it anything.  Tao gave birth to One.  There was some hanky-panky going on.  But we cannot see before the beginning and I can't even imagine anything before the beginning so for me to think on this would be nothing more than mental masturbation. 

Scientifically, I think that Singularity became so dense that it simply could not contain itself any longer and blew its top and all other areas as well.  And actually, one theory suggests that it wasn't really a "Big Bang" because the beginning was very small and there was no space for sound to travel through so there wasn't even a "Bang!"

Yeah expansion instead of explosion. Bang is a misnomer, but still convenient as people know what's being referred to.

And you're right there's really no reason to concern ourselves with before, as there is no knowing. It just raises my curiosity sometimes. There had to be some dynamic at play...

• Like 1

There had to be some dynamic at play...

I would agree.  There needs be some eternal processes going on.  I simply attribute these processes to Tao.  Or should I say "the nature of cycles and reversion"?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this