vtrader125

How do you figure out your 3 P's?

I've started reading a book called unbeatable mind, it's written by a navy seal. Who happens to be into zen meditation, for which he acknowledges helping him control the monkey mind so he could become a seal.

One of the parts of the books deals with finding the 3 P's,

Purpose, Passion, Principles

How do you guys figure this out, everytime I try I get a feeling of internal conflicts and if's and buts?

Also I get a blank mind, the only thing I really know is that my current situations are not part of the 3 Ps.

What things do you most hate the idea of loosing or of not being able to do anymore?  

Imagine something could suddenly be completely removed from the universe, then gone forever!

What thing/s do you dread seeing disappear? 

• Like 1

Principle means something that works, Passion is what your into deeply. purpose or duty is what it takes to make things happen beyond just self.

Mind alone being intelligent does stupid stuff and beatable is not the right word it implies resistance the shining mind or spirit should be in charge of affairs then the mind will follow orders without making a mess out of life.

I've started reading a book called unbeatable mind, it's written by a navy seal. Who happens to be into zen meditation, for which he acknowledges helping him control the monkey mind so he could become a seal.

One of the parts of the books deals with finding the 3 P's,

Purpose, Passion, Principles

How do you guys figure this out, everytime I try I get a feeling of internal conflicts and if's and buts?

Also I get a blank mind, the only thing I really know is that my current situations are not part of the 3 Ps.

My purpose is to live, my passion is to live and my principle is to live. Life is full of so many things..

For those who are on a higher spiritual path, the 3 Ps are unlikely to present themselves as some kind of defined project - like earning your stripes as a Seal.  The moment a specific idea comes up for consideration, it is always going to be subject to all sorts of doubts and criticisms.

With time we will come to realise that every moment is that defined project.  Whatever life brings we affirm, we enjoy and we believe in.  Our 3Ps will forever remain undefinable, yet our attitude to our whole life will akin to the passionate attitude the artist has for his work, or the Navy Seal for his work.

I understand that this might be a bit of a disappointing answer.  But bear in mind.  That Navy Seal might be writing books about his technique, but rest assured, there will be areas of his life where he is completely unable to put his principles into practice.  There will be things that are required of him on a daily basis, that he hates and finds total drudgery.  It does not occur to him that he must accept what is and learn to love and accept it.  

When we lack a specific directions in life, we can very envious of those who do.  But actually, your life and your tolerance for all of your circumstnces means that you aren't as bad off as you think.