noonespecial

Wow, nothing checks your progress like a HUGE traffic ticket

Earlier this year I got thee ticket.  In the mail, it said I'd been captured (2 months earlier on way to Burning Man) by photo doing 20 miles over the speed limit, in a work zone, with workers present.  The fine was $800 and I had to appear in court mandatory, on my birthday, 250 miles away, at 8 A.M.  

They just freakin print money there at the Quad cities, nailing 90% of everyone who passes by.  I hired a lawyer to represent me.  You know what happened, the judge didn't freakin show up that morning..

so you plead not guilty and walked away?

The law is absolutely reasonable, my problem is where were the kids, oh...there were none, just a bus with blinking lights? Why was the cop hiding, if there was a real safety concern, children crossing the street, he should be parked in the middle of the street as a preventitive measure not waiting in the bushes, as the great American sage P. Diddy once said, "Its all about the benjamins baby."

Cops profiting off of kids getting hit by cars....

Strange reality, but I guess the cop would have no other way of arresting the real speeders. 

Edited by MooNiNite

so you plead not guilty and walked away?

i wish.  they set the trial for another date, the same lawyer went, paid the fine and it was over.  cept for his bill.  i had fantasies of challenging the system and demanding records and pictures and calibrations but at best it'd earn me lots of new appearances 250 miles away.  i swear though, i remember the place, i was going the same speed as everyone, probably 20 over the reduced rate and there were no workers nearby.  in the words of general akbar- 'it was a trap'. 

Thankfully I could afford it, there are people that kind of situation throws down a hellish rabbit hole.   Where fines are sent to collection agencies and keep doubling til a single traffic accident spells ruin. 

Surely the ancient sages didnt have to deal with this. Just when I thought my non-attachment practice was showing signs of fruition, I receive a huge $600-800 traffic violation ticket this morning, and I am literally freaking out over my finances right now, really puts a damper on the whole day and my so-called freedom from attachment I believed I had attained, ye, how the universe tests us. lol.

Fellow bums, please check every year for new idiosyncracies in traffic law, lest you end up like me, feeling like an out of sync idot.

But the idea of "progress" is the very fact you feel limited?

"You" want to get better, progress, evolve. From where? From which starting point? Who is that "you" that is suppose to be your foundation that needs improvement?

Unbelievable...

Edited by 4bsolute

But the idea of "progress" is the very fact you feel limited?

"You" want to get better, progress, evolve. From where? From which starting point? Who is that "you" that is suppose to be your foundation that needs improvement?

Unbelievable...

life is too short not to eat cupcakes.

Edited by noonespecial