LAOLONG

Is september 2015 the end ?

Martin Armstrong predicts a top in the economic cycle October 1st and big changes afterwards.

Already this is happening now in the EU with more than a million people trying to get in.

More than one year ago I had a dream seeing fighting between natives and foreigners, so I guess the dream is coming true.

October 1st will also be the end of the US budget and it has to renegotiated which will probably shut down the US government like we have seen before.

Personally I have gone through a huge purging phase in September this year and my kids have been anxious, not sleeping well etc.

A lot of stuff going on.

Call me a cockeyed optimist but if we see a large asteroid coming our way, we can probably deal with it.

Dude.. you're ignoring all available evidence..

I won't go through it again, but will pick up on one thing:

Trick is seeing them early.  Small ones get through unnoticed.  Almost a year ago, a meteor lit up a piece of Russia, recorded on dozens of car cameras (only in Russia) then exploded in the sky.  Reported with multi atomic bomb level energy but disbursing it high and over 100's miles of it was mostly windows that took the damage.  Stuff like that packs a wallop and we can't see very well.

The meteor was not noticed until it entered our atmosphere. We had no idea.

So yes, assuming we had some way to deal with them, the trick might be seeing them early, but... we generally don't..

An asteroid travelling at high speed towards us would be very difficult to see. Even if we could see it I'm not sure we could hit it in the time we would have left. Then, nudging it might well nudge it into a collision even if the physics allowed it. Something travelling at such a high velocity I would imagine it would require an immense amount of energy to turn it. I would imagine it would be like using firecrackers to turn an oil tanker. It would be very imprecise.

Nukes aren't exactly firecrackers, especially the bigger hydrogen ones.  Course many are talking way less power if we can spot them early enough.  Relatively low tech Ideas such as painting one side, and gradually the heat of the sun takes it a tiny bit off course.  Or landing on it and firing a slow steady engine.  Depends on how much time but a 1/100th of a degree course change translates to 1,000's of miles course change.

Finding can be a challenge, but we have better eyes up there and they continue to improve.  Searching the skies in spectrums way beyond the visual, searching.   We're regularly spotting objects, planets many trillions of miles away.  With determination we should be able to spot something a few million miles.  

This is an older video.

from video-

With current space technology, scientists know how to deflect the majority of hazardous near-Earth objects. But prevention is only possible if nations work together on detection and deflection. Learn about the risks, and the steps that are needed to avoid these potential natural disasters, from a group of astronauts and cosmonauts who recently helped develop recommendations to the United Nations for defending Earth from asteroid impact in this discussion.

This program, which was streamed live on the web, took place at the American Museum of Natural History on October 25, 2013, the same week the United Nations General Assembly adopted measures creating an international decision-making mechanism for planetary asteroid defense. The event was co-hosted by the American Museum of Natural History and the Association of Space Explorers (ASE).

I had to laugh at 'painting one side'. That's a proper Norman wisdom film right there.

"We have an incoming asteroid Mr president"

"Quick, launch the decorators"

"But they only have white wash for one attempt and we don't know if it will be foam rollers or sheepskin"

"Damn it man, get me someone who knows about exterior surface finishes in outer space"

"I know only one man for the job"

"You don't mean....."

And a slow steady engine.

I'm thinking Jeremy Clarkson for that one "floor it"

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Incidentally, CERN is scheduled to be cranked up to full power on September 23rd, and since in the documentary I watched about its creation quite a few of its scientific fathers and mothers asserted that every now and then they don't really know what they're doing and just keep their fingers crossed, methinks the asteroid story may have been put into circulation so that if CERN does do some significant, critical, or terminal damage in this mode, which is according to some a >0 possibility, they have somewhere else to point a blaming finger.  That is if any pointable fingers are retained.  

Since there's speculations that this device is capable of creating a black hole, it's very comforting to know the work of Nassim Haramein, now mind-bogglingly echoed by Steven Hawking (with no references to Haramein's work, obviously -- so I guess it's his own original idea, just a coincidence).  According to Haramein, the black hole is half of the toroid structure which does not crush you all to hell once it pulls you in but merely spits you out into a parallel universe. 

I hope this parallel universe is the exact opposite of ours, everything vice versa, topsy turvy, helter skelter, and they keep anticipating the beginning of their world rather than the end.  They have many legends about the upcoming beginning.  Just as we have ours about the impending end.  I do hope their skeptics laugh at the absurd notion of the world they couldn't get going in all of its history, a static, unmovable world where nothing ever changes, suddenly going wrooom wrrroom...  and beginning.  I so look forward to going na na na na in their face.  

I blame CERN for this:

:P

Nukes aren't exactly firecrackers, especially the bigger hydrogen ones.  Course many are talking way less power if we can spot them early enough.  Relatively low tech Ideas such as painting one side, and gradually the heat of the sun takes it a tiny bit off course.  Or landing on it and firing a slow steady engine.  Depends on how much time but a 1/100th of a degree course change translates to 1,000's of miles course change.

Finding can be a challenge, but we have better eyes up there and they continue to improve.  Searching the skies in spectrums way beyond the visual, searching.   We're regularly spotting objects, planets many trillions of miles away.  With determination we should be able to spot something a few million miles.  

This is an older video.

from video-

With current space technology, scientists know how to deflect the majority of hazardous near-Earth objects. But prevention is only possible if nations work together on detection and deflection. Learn about the risks, and the steps that are needed to avoid these potential natural disasters, from a group of astronauts and cosmonauts who recently helped develop recommendations to the United Nations for defending Earth from asteroid impact in this discussion.

This program, which was streamed live on the web, took place at the American Museum of Natural History on October 25, 2013, the same week the United Nations General Assembly adopted measures creating an international decision-making mechanism for planetary asteroid defense. The event was co-hosted by the American Museum of Natural History and the Association of Space Explorers (ASE).

I've watched a couple of these videos on asteroids and how to deal with a possible collision, all the proposals seem to focus around 'big ass extreme explosions' I would hope there is some real research being done that is being kept under wraps in regards to altering gravitional fields and magnetism via the solar winds, I'm not a scientist (obviously) but these seem to be the only viable options. These huge rocks hurling millions of miles per hour through void will indeed make our nukes look like firecrackers.  But like you said any option ultimately depends on early detection.

Well, on the bright side we did more damage to it, then it did to us.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1