Sign in to follow this  
hod

Favriote Zhuangzi (Chuang Tzu) English Translation

I'm fairly unfamiliar with the work of Zhuangzi but want to start studying them. I'm looking for a book that has most - if not all - of his work, and a good translation of it*.

*Since there are many different preferences when it comes to translations, I will just say that I don't mind translators that deviate from the exact wording to make it more understandable for a western audience(iI.e. I don't mind Alan Watts or Deng Ming-Dao type translations).

I was just curious what were some of your favorite translations?

• Like 3

Or, you could read "The Father and Son of Taoist Philosophy" thread.  All of the TTC is in the series and most of The Chuang Tzu as well organized by concepts as opposed to the standard 81 Chapters of the TTC.

• Like 1

Thanks Marble. I will have to check all those out. You have given me much to go through without leaving the inter-webs.

• Like 1

Or, you could read "The Father and Son of Taoist Philosophy" thread.  All of the TTC is in the series and most of The Chuang Tzu as well organized by concepts as opposed to the standard 81 Chapters of the TTC.

That's amazing man :)

• Like 1

I prefer Burton Watson for readability and understandability.

Lin Yutang is more fun reading (and might even be a more accurate translation).

A number of translations can be found here:

http://terebess.hu/english/lexikon/c.html

I'd give a shout to Nina's translation... readable in a way that most translations seem to miss.

That's amazing man :)

Sometimes he is amazing... and then we have other words for him  :D

But yes... that evolved into a really great thread which deserves some acknowledgement ;)

• Like 1

I'd give a shout to Nina's translation... readable in a way that most translations seem to miss.

I must confess that I have not yet done a complete reading of Nina's translation and this is why I always fail to mention her translation.  A complete reading is something I suppose I should put on my "to do" list.

Sign in to follow this