Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Use of crystals in cultivation

I've got a Dzi bead.
Very interesting. Is yours a real ancient one? And where did they originate from - as I read the real ancient ones ar just found in the ground?

And...HOLY SHAT!!! :blink:

cristales.jpg

Very interesting. Is yours a real ancient one? And where did they originate from - as I read the real ancient ones ar just found in the ground?

I'd like to think it's authentic, maybe a few hundred or so years old, as it compares quite well with this guide for Spotting fakes. It could also be a clever fake, I just don't know. I'm seeking a second opinion. Authentic beads are pricey see here (check out the link for Dzi Beads and agate). Mine wasn't nearly as pricey so that's probably a big clue.

Dzi beads have mythical origin - this page goes into it. Some of the later ones (say 500 - 1000 years old) are said to have been manufactured by a now lost process.

Modern dzi aren't deemed as powerful, though I think agate is still valued for healing and prevention in Tibetan medicine irrespective of its form.

And...HOLY SHAT!!! :blink:

:D I like the Garuda droppings story. Garuda is said to vanquish nagas.

garuda_6.jpg

Edited by rex

Crystals Rock!

The thing I don't care for about crystals is that they are like playing really great music for too long... their influence can be tiresome... forcing my aura and mood to go where it doesn't want to stay. Like with music, intermittent use is best.

Black rocks (I like obsidian) pull negativity from you so you can relax kind of a thing.

Like with music, intermittent use is best.

Black rocks (I like obsidian) pull negativity from you so you can relax kind of a thing.

Agreed. I use them if I am really down and they seem to rebalance me. I use smoky quartz, which seems to work well. Have also used others, which are associated with specific chakras.

Edited by VeeCee

I always used to collect crystals as a kid, never really liked the polished ones now i think of it :mellow: raw crystals are so nice :)

The pic of the garuda is nice Rex, he doesnt like naga or anything snakelike i yust read .. they can even cure a snakebite it says.

Anyone ever seen a phoenix here ? (strange question i kno)

Edited by minkus

Sign in to follow this