Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

What does it mean to be transgender?

When I read narrow agenda orientated posts like Karl’s I’m reminded of how psychologist Iain McGilchrist describes what he calls the left-brain trap; we get caught in a hall of mirrors which reflects our own logic. Everything refers to something else within the hall of mirrors, but never breaks out into reality.  He writes, “The more we get trapped into this, the more we undercut and ironize things that might have kept us out of it, and we just get reflected back into more of what we know about what we know about what we know....” 

I’ve been trapped there myself and consequently I’m under no illusions about its power. I fully believed I had real answers applicable to everybody, and had strong, rational arguments to support my perspective.  The more intelligent a person is, the tighter the potential this trap has to bind. 

LOL

To say you were 'trapped there' is a clear indication to me that you haven't the faintest idea what I'm talking about. That far from being a 'narrow' agenda it revealed to me just how trapped I had once been as a subjectivist and part time intrincisist. These things are clear now. Where they originated and how I was sucked into their orbit is now obvious. Reality is my only reality. Existence exists and I must grasp it consciousnessly, A is A, a thing is a thing.

I do not have an answers, except things are as they are, I was born and I will die. Whilst I am here my purpose is to extract the greatest happiness I can, this is predicated on survival and on survival for happiness. As I am alive, as I have volition, so I must have a code of value by which I live. That code is self generated by reason. It is my mind which is my only means of survival and my mind must know reality first or I shall perish. My ethical code of values must accord with reality as must all my actions related to them if I am to survive and win the greatest happiness.

Sign in to follow this