Oneironaut

Outer QiGong - Can it reverse the harmful effects of years of weight lifting?

I agree, focusing on one discipline in honest is the way for success, but not only. Success is just as ashy and empty as the rest. But if you're lucky you find your passion(s) and thats a whole different pair of pants my friends.

Homestly i think there is room for expanding out dedication in things that complement and synergize with ones discipline of choice.

Just stick with one thing per area and i believe its possible to juggle more than one passion, one of them will lead the way in the others and then they switch for a while and the other takes point and leads the group into new dimensions and adventures.

Making more out of the little one has, and realizing even just one small and tiny art cannot be mastered within a lifespan is probably crucial. Its physically impossible, im quite sure.

Im trying to stay aware im just along for the ride no matter how deep and true my dedication is. So i hope to have the opportunity to learn and pass on as much as possible to likeminded individuals who ride along a bit further. Until then, plenty of time to be a student.

A top quality student can learn anything even if she has no teacher, so thats what im trying to be.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 2

My friend's Dad told me a few konths ago that I am like an octopus. I have many arms reaching for a bit of everything.

His advice (career wise) was to settle and focus on one discipline.

Now this has been echoes, I do agree...I can no longer hold so many things.

Thanks for this.

There was a point in time, not too long ago (as in 6 months ago), where I was literally imbibing on over 5,000 pdf documents one all sorts of matters of self-empowerment. It was easily the most stagnating 4 years of my life, and if I had actually practiced any one of the modicums from any of the pdfs I read (it had to have only been about 50, maybe 100 at absolute most), I would be way farther ahead of the progress I have made now. Now that isn't to say that I only do "one" thing with the Internal Exercises; I am also working in the realms of dreaming, hypnosis/deep-state training, and "cleansing" dietary actions. However, they streamline and are based on personal experimentation, to a point where I have only read about 5 books that I constantly refer to because they are what I practice. But I also have most of my entire day available to do this; I decided it was a bad idea to prioritize a career BEFORE getting to my primordial work. Rather, I decided to set this as the basis of my life, and let money come forth as a RESULT of having realized primordial fruition.

So it's really gonna be based on you, and we gotta realize that no one has written the manual yet on how your, mine, or anyone else's lives play out best. We gotta write those as we go along, and as useful as past techniques, ideals, philosophies, and theories might have to do with it, it is very possible that we have to do things that are very special and specific to each one of our individual proclivities. It's not really that hard, but rather that the hard thing is trusting that we can do it regardless of whatever help we do or don't get. I was fortunate to stumble upon things that fit me so far, but I probably passed up several things that were also like that just because I was thinking that I could find something that was already for me without me having to find out how it was for me. 

Reality is too big for people to actually try and say that they "know" what it is about, especially from the stages of evolution we have seen so far. Even the ancient sages were speaking from a particular perspective, so no matter what the source of information is, it is still privy to variations and changes based on the person. I am of the earnest belief that you can master anything and learn everything through the exploration of what drives you. We just gotta be open to the fruition of these things. More is not always more, and less is not always more. You get more from exploring with true investment, so don't be afraid to syncopate and streamline, because I know I certainly got more when I did this.

• Like 3

Homestly i think there is room for expanding out dedication in things that complement and synergize with ones discipline of choice.

Just stick with one thing per area and i believe its possible to juggle more than one passion, one of them will lead the way in the others and then they switch for a while and the other takes point and leads the group into new dimensions and adventures.

I guess so! If we just did one thing and one thing only, we would be pretty one dimensional. Just because music is my forte, this doesn't mean I can't master a martial art, cooking and cleaning also.

I feel like I have hijacked this thread lol. Sorry!

Edited by Rara
  • Like 1

I would say the best thing to the op would be developing soft power and softness in general through a moving Qi gong practice. I think finding a good teacher will make a difference. I'm not one to rely on books for anything. I agree with others that it is best to choose something that works for you and persist in order to see results rather than scatter yourself. My 2c

• Like 1