Sign in to follow this  
Jace

There indeed may be a true master...

But I do not understand the nature of it. And whether I understand or not does not change the fact of it's existence or how it operates.

Having originally started martial arts when I was nine, I began reading what I would eventually find out is Daoist at probably around age 12. Considering I'm in my 50s, that's a long time to study without reaching definitive conclusions. But the path is long, and the fog lifts slowly. Unfortunately, the path is usually solitary as well and it's good to have people along the way that, like me, are attempting to get it.

In almost every religion, there appears to be a base universal truth which attempts to describe how the universe operates. To paraphrase Lao Tzu, for lack of a better term, I call it Tao. I try to rely heavily to it, not judging, not becoming wrapped up in the mundane, clinging to icons or locked in paradigms or useless frames and definitions. Some days are better than others. The road to enlightenment is beset on all sides by forces attempting to pull us off the righteous path.

Thanks for your time.

• Like 7

There may indeed!

Hello and welcome to the forum. You are accepted. Glad to have you as a member and look forward to seeing you involved in discussions.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1

But I do not understand the nature of it. And whether I understand or not does not change the fact of it's existence or how it operates.

Having originally started martial arts when I was nine, I began reading what I would eventually find out is Daoist at probably around age 12. Considering I'm in my 50s, that's a long time to study without reaching definitive conclusions.

That's because truth changes depending on where you are looking at it from.

But the path is long, and the fog lifts slowly. Unfortunately, the path is usually solitary as well and it's good to have people along the way that, like me, are attempting to get it.

In almost every religion, there appears to be a base universal truth which attempts to describe how the universe operates. To paraphrase Lao Tzu, for lack of a better term, I call it Tao. I try to rely heavily to it, not judging, not becoming wrapped up in the mundane, clinging to icons or locked in paradigms or useless frames and definitions. Some days are better than others. The road to enlightenment is beset on all sides by forces attempting to pull us off the righteous path.

Nice insights.

Welcome to the club. :)

Sign in to follow this