Rara

If you thought being a sheep was bad...

Just want to add, I wasn't exclusively talking about "truthers vs sheeple". Just an opinion that none of us are solely independent and free thinking. For me, that is an illusion created by those that utilise a mixture of alternative views.

It in itself is a movement, which ideas or memes pass down through a certain community.

And this is not a bad thing. We should not be ashamed to be a part of something...that is community, in my mind.

• Like 1

The sage has no invariable mind of his own.

And I so much do NOT like that statement.

Would we all be sheep without a shepherd?

Only in a total anarchical society would that work. But then, everyone would be walking in circles.

• Like 1

And I so much do NOT like that statement.

Would we all be sheep without a shepherd?

Only in a total anarchical society would that work. But then, everyone would be walking in circles.

If the people were walking in perfect circles, i don't think the sage would have a problem.

If the people were walking in perfect circles, i don't think the sage would have a problem.

Hehehe. And neither would the king.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I was trying to combine two statements and, foreseeable, ended up with rubbish :D

" I may be occasionally following 'the signs'.

But I have the sense that I am forging a path, not following one.

The Path and The Traveler, together make The Way."

and

"No one follows a path, as there is no person and no path.

Or, one might say we are all follwers of causality"

both interest me.

I mean, granted that the 'I' is an illusion, still, to me it feels that that same 'I' tries to enter the silence ( for want of a better word) thereby aiming at...eh...making that ' I' less important, less influential. But that 'I' is still needed to do whatever is needed to loose it. I find that a baffling thing.

for me, now, it feels as if the path is creating itself in interaction with me, something like that. Hence, what is happening is, indeed, neither path nor person but the interaction between two nonexistent entities...eh, this stuff is just not fit to put in words, but it keeps intriguing me.

Yes, there is a "you" if "you" are going to deny that there is an "I".

But I do like your above statement until you got to the "nonexistent entities" of your thought. "You cannot have an interaction if "you" do not exist. There at least has to be potential.

so I give it another try, for this year the last one.... bear in mind that I'm new to these kinds of things, until a year ago i never even thought that there might be more to me ( there we go again ;) ) than body and mind.

if I define " I " as the entity that consists of body, mind , energy and spirit.

and I define " the way" as eh...universal mind, God (?) Tao, emptiness/vastness whatever, you get the idea.

Then i :D could say:

My path is creating itself as interaction between me and the Tao, with as corollary, that the path doesn't stretch before me, because it appears ( and disappears) the moment that I'm treading it.

have fun with it.

BES

There is only one truth, but it has many manifestations

• Like 2

Hehehe. And neither would the king.

See, I didn't think about that at the time, but now I agree. Where's MY mind?

:)

Edited by nestentrie

Yes, it is a paradox when we say we follow no path we are forging our own path. When we stop talking about which path to follow and start talking about following our own true nature we have taken one step forward, I think.

so I give it another try, for this year the last one.... bear in mind that I'm new to these kinds of things, until a year ago i never even thought that there might be more to me ( there we go again ;) ) than body and mind.

And that we shall call an irony. When we say there is no "I" we must remember that it is "I" who is saying this.

if I define " I " as the entity that consists of body, mind , energy and spirit.

and I define " the way" as eh...universal mind, God (?) Tao, emptiness/vastness whatever, you get the idea.

Yes. True that there is no "I" that we can put our finger on. That is because this "I" is everything that we are, everything that we have experienced, eaten, smelled, touched, etc because all these things have worked together, or perhaps against each other, to create what it is we are at any given point in time. Of course, what we are at this moment is different from what we were a moment ago and what we will be a few minutes from now will be different from what we are now. Ever changing, just like the Tao that we are a part of.

My path is creating itself as interaction between me and the Tao, with as corollary, that the path doesn't stretch before me, because it appears ( and disappears) the moment that I'm treading it.

Yes, that's good. Now forget the path and don't even think about a destination. Now, what do we have left? Life and living.

• Like 1

See, I didn't think about that at the time, but now I agree. Where's MY mind?

:)

Our "mind" is another one of those trick questions. For me it is the brain and all aspects of my entire nervous system and all my senses. And this includes especially my sub (or un) conscious mind. There's a lot of stuff in there that controls what we are. Have you ever asked yourself: "Why did I do that?" That was your subconscious mind leading you.

Well, add instincts in there too. Those are imprints on our brain.

Edited by Marblehead

fot Marblehead

blue eyed snake, on 19 Jan 2015 - 13:38, said:snapback.png

Yes, that's good. Now forget the path and don't even think about a destination. Now, what do we have left? Life and living.

Thank you, I will go on living, enjoying rainbows, butterflies and beautiful women in bikini, at the same time enduring the inevitable pain and dreariness.

BES

• Like 1