C T

Depression's Truth

Only read maybe 30% of the OP, but it's like with great crises that can give you the impulse to turn things around, while when you're trapped in an average, you never can reach breakout velocity in either way.

Likely also related to when people face death and then have more appreciation for life.

I have been challenged by Chronic depression for almost all of my life. 

I am able to maintain a more balanced state through chi kung. 

Chronic depression is truly like living in hell. It has paralyzed me in many ways for a long long time.

I am grateful that I am in a different place, but it is amazing what tiny events can do to set one off into a deep spiral.

My experience with it has shown me how it is seen as a major weakness in western society and even more-so in the martial arts community. If you suffer from deep chronic depression it is seen as "Your Fault". 

This of course can add even a greater burden to those afflicted. I have a major trigger towards those who would blame me for having this challenge. I do find I just no longer communicate with many people as I can not take their perception of me and still work on being at peace. Add to this the fact I have chronic pain syndromes that even further devalue me in our society of masks and material. I will not lie, I feel bitterness and resentment in many ways at times, yet I believe I will let these things go as well.

I find the greatest insult is those who offer cliche advice. Such as "The body is an illusion, as is your pain...just let it go..." 

Yes yes yes...brilliant Guru advice...thank you. I know that since I did not instantly become one with the universe, nor see past the illusion of the body by the end of the day that I am not enlightened or awakened. Perhaps we can simply not talk down to one another...and believe me...all that truly is is ego spiritualism. Do not be helpful to someone with things like that.

(CT I am NOT referring to you....just one of many "Helpful" spiritual healers that offer their unasked advice.)

Though I may be weak in the eyes of others, I feel I have done very well to keep moving forward, despite these challenges. 

I am actually experiencing a LOT of body pain today...so I'm a bit grouchy...so...just pat me on the head and move along...

White tiger,

I offer you my respect, most people have no idea how that feels and act accordingly, thereby adding to your burden. Mistakenly thinking they know what you feel in body and mind. They do not,

kind regards BES

• Like 1