Yasjua

Do you lose energy when you touch other people?

I had an interesting experience this morning. I slept a most satisfying sleep, feeling fully rested around 4am after 3 hours of sleep. I was sleeping next to my ex after a couple months of sleeping separately, so I wasn't ready to stop relishing the feeling and went back to sleep.

I woke up in the morning with a feeling of heaviness in my arms and legs. Not a tired heaviness, but a fullness that had weight to it. This fullness felt very satisfying and real. I reached over and touched my ex and felt the energy drain slightly as I touched her. This happens a lot, and I've basically taken feeling depleted around others as a given in life, but that's when something bizarre happened: when I removed my hand the energy immediately filled back up, as if there was a reservoir of it built up in my torso or around my shoulders and new energy poured down into my arms.

In contrast with this experience I recognized that I normally do not feel refilled immediately after being "drained" around others and have acclimated to feeling relatively depleted my whole life. I also realized that my heart (and not just my limbs) goes through a similar process that is closely connected with my presence and mentality in daily life.

Do others get "drained" around others? And why might I have felt refilled so spontaneously this morning?

• Like 1

I had an interesting experience this morning. I slept a most satisfying sleep, feeling fully rested around 4am after 3 hours of sleep. I was sleeping next to my ex after a couple months of sleeping separately, so I wasn't ready to stop relishing the feeling and went back to sleep.

I woke up in the morning with a feeling of heaviness in my arms and legs. Not a tired heaviness, but a fullness that had weight to it. This fullness felt very satisfying and real. I reached over and touched my ex and felt the energy drain slightly as I touched her. This happens a lot, and I've basically taken feeling depleted around others as a given in life, but that's when something bizarre happened: when I removed my hand the energy immediately filled back up, as if there was a reservoir of it built up in my torso or around my shoulders and new energy poured down into my arms.

In contrast with this experience I recognized that I normally do not feel refilled immediately after being "drained" around others and have acclimated to feeling relatively depleted my whole life. I also realized that my heart (and not just my limbs) goes through a similar process that is closely connected with my presence and mentality in daily life.

Do others get "drained" around others? And why might I have felt refilled so spontaneously this morning?

I think you are still in love with your EX. Do you think "I was sleeping next to my ex after a couple months of sleeping separately," has something to do with it....???

It seems to me is a psychological thing.

I just spoke to this in another thread. Speaking directly to the thread title question: No, we don't lose energy. But, the polarity (Yin/Yang) of this energy can change (causing one to become more restive or more aggressive).

That makes a lot of sense! You know, in terms of the psycho-dynamic influence, I was taught at a very early age that I was too rough with others. It may be that I compensate for this early lesson by exaggerating Yin when I'm around others.

• Like 1

Yep ... I lose 'differential' usually via a spark of 'static electricity' some days 'click' you can hear it and others go "Oww! What was that?"

(no ... nothing strapped to my ankle ;) )

Only when I Will it :)

The practice of transferring your spiritual energy onto someone else is called Shaktipat..

Just beware of what might get sent back. Its a good idea to ground yourself first.

Also note, that if you transfer energy onto someone else with an Intention attached to it, its considered Black Magick (imposing your will on someone else without permission).

Universal Love is good for everyone. Like being O Negative blood type ;)

Edited by kio