Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Your best tips for almost instant success in Astral Travel? (my progress so far included)

I admit that I need a huge emotional and thus energetical boost from the letting go of my girlfriend and re-structuring my daily practice and all of this happening at the same time in winter. Can you feel how grey I feel inside myself? On the edge of unbearable..

..and then there is Astral Projection which right now seems to be a free ticket lying infront me to the huge and newly opened theme park in town!

AP/T is on my to do list for quite some time but got forgotten due to worldy things..

..I have red and heard that it is natural during mediation. My body got partially paralyzed in meditation but I went not further, so I cant confirm it.

My experience with any form of OBE was so far only that when I first tried it, me in another body came rising up around 30cm of my bed (only felt, no visual) and then dropped back down. Huge nervousness at that time. I went into sleep paralysis, my heart raced like crazy, feared it and quit. One afternoon lying in the sun I could wiggle my arms abit and it felt like they were completely weightless and in some substance I would recall as water. Many quits due to noise and pain/cramps in stomach lying on my back..
And yesterday another try after months: Vibration in feet going up, vibration and contraction in perineum, slight vibration in hips and then next to no vibration in lower and upper torso possibly due to the cramps again occuring on the transition from ribs to stomach area, tissue tight from long times of sitting (needs stretches). Managed to ignore the pain in upper stomach region, limbs became numb only face remained somewhat "alive" including the stomach area. Followed by a new sensation, a vibration that I could guide in a wave through my entire body. Have you ever had problems consciously direction a wave smoothly? Me yesterday :) and then I could feel a subtle sensation of being able to roll out of my physical body one side, but then chose the other side which reduced the sensation. And then some idiots :D fired their remaining fireworks outside, resulting in shocks in my body which I attempted to overcome and sure I did but I found myself drifting away and later all the powerful interest, in moving and imagining myself already out of body, was gone.

What would you improve here, coming from your personal experience and success in Astral Travel?

A friend of mine who is able to exit all of our bodies up to God/Tao/Oneness Consciousness gave me the advice to learn very, very smooth breathing because it is apparently needed to hold (?) or stabilize the vibration and that we should be aware of that we do not create an out of body experience, we let it happen. This is a huge difference in mindset and could possibly lead to a differenciation in exiting in states known as lucid dreaming and actual astral travels. An OBE is apparently natural, every night. Success is just measured in how far and how subtle we allow our consciousness to get out of our bodies.

The process seems to be automatic? Again, from a human perspective of wanting and controlling, so new..

Can you help?

Edited by 4bsolute

It's hard to know what's going on when it happens. All the symptoms (vibrations, rising out of body, etc) are the same for lucid dream entry. Every time I have floated out of my body it has been into a lucid dream. Therefore, being a skeptic, I cannot confirm anything other than that unless I actually manage an OBE.

Anyway, it's a lot of fun when it happens but I haven't had it happen for a long time. When I had time to spend a whole weekend on setting up my internal energy and posture then it came quite easy. Otherwise if I have any discomfort when going to bed it's almost guaranteed to not happen for me.

The quality of your internal energy seems to be the key factor in the realism of a lucid dream. If it's not free-flowing and open then I would typically get a lucid dream where I'm all groggy like I've been drinking all night and can hardly stand up.

The vibration on entry to lucid dreams was anything other than subtle, but not unpleasant. All I did was get extremely comfortable and get the feeling of melting into my bed. After quite a while (perhaps when hitting an REM cycle while being semi-aware) my whole body would start to vibrate all at once without intention to do so, then I'd either fall through my bed or raise up. This wasn't really under my control. It kinda just happened. I just went with it.

I presume all of this would be a pre-requisite for astral travel as well. Some people apparently have success doing astral travel from a lucid dream so perhaps this could be easier.

Unsure about astral travel but for lucid dreams I'd just work on having a perfect posture such that you are completely and utterly comfortable, then make sure your energy is flowing freely. Then just do nothing and wait. Perhaps just have the visualization of melting into the bed. That's it. I never needed an exit technique for that because you're not exiting anything.

Edited by Bearded Dragon

I've never had success with OBE or astral travel. I imagine, however, that if your psyche and body are going through trauma and grief it's probably not in your best interest to start leaving them behind. I think the more you get into your body after a breakup, the smoother the healing process will potentially go. I know I developed an excessive interest in "otherworldly" and drug-related states after my first separation, and it definitely did not help. In fact, made things far worse in the long-run. Just something to consider.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 1

I heard Phasing is very effective (from AstralPulse).

Briefly, one should focus with a keen but calm, warm interest at the darkness behind closed eyes. Notice how random patterns appear and change, watch passively but with keen interest. Remain alert and aware, keep watching, and then eventually you'll just instantly find yourself phasing into something like a lucid dream. Or so they say...

I've never had luck with AP, probably because you need to energize the lower and middle dan tien centres to have enough psychic energy to remember an AP afterward. So I'm starting from the bottom, with dual cultivation of essential nature and eternal life. AP is just a distraction in the marathon of internal alchemy.

Astral Projection - where are we projecting from?

What are we projecting?

What about Astral Reception?

Would it be esier to recieve, or project?

If we recieve some information as a "psychic", did we first project to the place and time the information was from?

Or did we percieve it "directly"?

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

I've never had success with OBE or astral travel. I imagine, however, that if your psyche and body are going through trauma and grief it's probably not in your best interest to start leaving them behind. I think the more you get into your body after a breakup, the smoother the healing process will potentially go. I know I developed an excessive interest in "otherworldly" and drug-related states after my first separation, and it definitely did not help. In fact, made things far worse in the long-run. Just something to consider.

Just wanted to second this. For me anyway, it´s much more productive to go in than out: ground and center. Especially when I am dealing with any emotional unpleasantness.

Liminal

Sign in to follow this