Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Airy-faery v. Honesty

I dont know the gist of it, much less specifics, but is it still considered "just an insult" if the insulting speech is also literally true?

haha, well, at some point, it does comes down to discretion of the reviewer. *Wanna test it? :-)

*just kidding!

• Like 1

I think the honest types can see both sides of an issue

95% of all others

First,....I responded to your 95% rhetoric in Pit,...so won't remash it here.

As for "honest types." The misunderstanding of the term "honest" is as an on-going joke.

hon·est adjective \ˈä-nəst\ : good and truthful : not lying, stealing, or cheating; showing or suggesting a good and truthful character.

Honesty is intimately connected with truth or truthfulness.

From a Buddhist/Taoist perspective:

"Relative and absolute,

These the two truths are declared to be.

The absolute is not within the reach of intellect,

For the intellect is grounded in the relative."

Shantideva

What the above is actually saying,...that relative truth is not really truth,...except in relative or illusory matters.

This should lead to,...what is an "honest type?" We already know (as I explained in the Pit) that thelerner believes that those who reject the Constitutional Rights of non-Abrahamic Religionists are "honest (and decent) types." However,...there is another honest type,...a type that is authentically honest.

If the Buddhas said, "A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real, how do they see "both sides of an issue?"

Let's take an absolute truth an break it down. Truth: There is no Present in time.

What is the "other side of that issue?" An how would an honest person articulate it.

(Eckhart Tolle is one of the fave authors of the airy fairy folks! (around here anyways)

My thoughts exactly

Totally pwned. :lol:

Prove it!

Unlike many,...I'm not into generalizations.

Edited by Vmarco

One can beat this drum for a thousand years and be "right" for a thousand more - but in being "right" in shedding the light of will in this rightness however true and disruptive to the status quo - great positions prove to be great glue in holding you to the banter below.

There is a meme among most of society that it is better to be happy than right,...but I ask, how can one be happy and wrong?

As a drummer (djembe) for many years, I understand that VMarco does not drum,...but is merely a conduit. Thus I do not see drumming as out of the flow.

Korean Hapkido Grand Master Jeong told me, “Ki is in the stop [or zero point] before the kihap.” The power is not in the yell; the yell is simply an incidental byproduct of the Ki process. The kihap is just the exhale. A kihap uttered without connecting with the stop is mere posing or pretending. Instead of martial artists’ practicing a yell, they should be practicing the stop. When power comes from the stop, the kihap simply happens.

I began to grasp the significance of Ki following a question that I addressed to the instructor on the subject. Grand Master Jeong told me to grab him. I expected to be tossed to the mat, but instead, he touched me with a single finger on a point near the crease of my elbow, and I instantly dropped as if I had somehow been turned off, like an electrical device after someone flips a switch. I was so amazed that I quickly asked to see this move again, as if one could see Ki revealed in the physical aspect of the technique. Sure enough, I again collapsed like an unplugged character from the Wachowski brothers’ Matrix films.

The technique that dropped me to the mat is called Ki disruption. Without Ki extended through what is called “enlivened hands,” however, what dropped me was just a point on the arm, which at most may have bent my elbow. Without being centered in the one point from which energy extends and circulates, the very best that anyone can be as a martial artist is a tropical storm, an unanchored disturbance that is nowhere near the level of a calm-centered hurricane. Later, I found out that if my energy flow had moved unimpeded from the Ki, the disruption that dropped me would not have occurred. Authentic Hapkido is an activity through which one channels life force out through the hands or feet. The physical techniques are circumstantial. The Hapkido martial artist is a conduit who employs these techniques to exceed ordinary physical ability. Various phenomena using Ki through that enhanced ability are quite testable and have been documented.

The Ki Master Koichi Tohei said, “We are able to move most rapidly and violently when we remain perfectly calm. Likewise, the truest calm is reached when we move at the greatest speed.” Obviously, I had to know more about Ki to understand what he meant. Grand Master Jeong showed me techniques for connecting with this tremendous vitality. A few minutes of daily Ki practice can greatly improve one’s physiology, from flexibility to longevity, enhancing the body’s natural healing powers, to promoting healthy teeth. However, I wasn’t yet able to tap into this mind–body unifying life force. I did the practice, but the movement did not originate from my point of balance. I continued to hold onto a false center of gravity.

My desire to experience Ki paved the way to hand drumming. The practice of drumming encourages relaxation, rhythmic breathing, a conscious connection with duality, and moving from stillness. Through Ki consciousness, the masculine and feminine inhale and exhale of sound and motion become very distinguishable. Centered upon the fulcrum of Ki, the yin and yang are as clear as two children on the opposite ends of a seesaw. Drumming, if done spiritually, from a true center of gravity, effortlessly introduces one’s attention to a one-point awareness below the navel, and subsequently to the still source of our life force. I was most fortunate to have a spiritually minded djembe teacher who placed much emphasis on relaxation, the masculine–feminine flow, and drumming from one’s core. For me, drumming presents one’s presence to the presence of Ki and allows a connection with the timeless essence to extend the universal life force out through one’s hands. Ki is in the present, thus beyond time, yet the energy extended through Ki moves in time, as the lever of a seesaw harmoniously moves upon a timeless, balanced middle.

I didn’t immediately make the connection between drumming and the “one thing” through which I could understand everything. Drumming meditations, that is, the act of moving from a center of stillness, certainly manifested out-of-body experiences, through which I could observe myself from outside my body. However, the deeper connection between drumming and my “one thing” happened at a place called Bantu Camp, a weeklong African drumming–dancing cultural workshop. On the second and subsequent evenings, I heard it while several of the master drummers played. There were voices rising from the drums. At first, I perceived the voices as a spiraling sound that seemed like a thirty-three-RPM record being played at seventy-eight RPM. The voice I heard as a child with pneumonia was the voice that rises from the drums of those who play from their Ki/chi. Drums sing through drummers who drum as conduits of the life force.

To get more regularly connected with Ki, I began practicing T’ai Chi Chih, a peaceful, moving meditation developed by Justin Stone. Stone is an extraordinary self-testimonial for the movements in the system he realized through many years of T’ai Chi Chuan. Despite being in his nineties, he doesn’t look a day older than a healthy seventy-two, and I’ve heard that he has the teeth of a twenty-year-old. (Thirteen Ki meridians or pathways, that is, ducts that act as conductors of energy, flow through the teeth.) The somewhat abbreviated form of T’ai Chi that Stone practices is not only a great way to begin the day, but also a superb warmup for drumming or simply keeping one’s “can of paint” unsettled and enlivened by circulating and balancing the conflux of energy that moves through us. I enjoy the softness and universality of the movements and also that they are done in repetitions of nine. As will be explained below, nine is the first and only reflection of zero, an important insight in uncovering the light that we are. Nothing in nature is, or can be, more or less than nine.

When beginning a Ki practice, such as T’ai Chi, there is an effort to relax, move softly, and shift one’s weight smoothly. Our body (nine) strives to uncover Ki (zero) at the danjun point. When we reveal the Ki (zero) point to the body (nine), effort lessens, and the Ki (zero) then does the Ki practice without effort.

Awareness of Ki connects us with the spiritual value of zero. For many people, however, Ki remains inaccessible. One reason for this is an inability to breathe properly. The first breath of a typical American usually occurs by being pulled from the birth canal and spanked. That’s not a breath, that’s a gasp, a desperate intake of air. From birth, we are continually indoctrinated to hold our breath, which leads us unconsciously to manifest erratic breathing that lacks a balanced, harmonious flow. People who hold their breath have an inclination towards stress, fear, hope, and superstition. That may have been perceived as advantageous for our hunter-gatherer ancestors, but such crimping of proper breathing is a barrier to spirituality. Ki exercises encourage a connection with our authentic spiritual self through relaxed breathing and thus letting go of attachments to fear, hope, and superstition. While many may think that they are spiritual and can go out and do random acts of kindness and love, unless they have transcended fear, hope, and superstition, such actions are not true acts of kindness and love. The expression of anything filtered through fear, hope, and superstition is neither an act of pure kindness and love, nor spiritual. We all think that our road is the one paved with good intentions. However, any intention that arises from or filtered through, fear, hope, or superstition is tainted, and so that road is feculent.

Stevie Wonder sung, “When you believe in things that you don’t understand, then you suffer. Superstition ain’t the way.”

Something wrong with a lot of both? Bring about more peace and joy, while searching for truth.... and/or unravel truth while figuring out for yourself how to bring about more happiness?

• Like 1

What the above is actually saying,...that relative truth is not really truth,...except in relative or illusory matters.

This is actually very important. We justify ourselves or others with relative truths. An unconditional truth needs no justification.

This is actually very important. We justify ourselves or others with relative truths. An unconditional truth needs no justification.

I disagree! An absolute, unconditional truth is the hardest thing to justify,...to relative minded people.

"If truth was understood, ego would no longer be "needed" in the capacity it now enjoys." Sri Ram Kaa

Sign in to follow this