Apech

US Mid-Term Elections

Either way, anything 'totalitarian' is to substitute some kind of imagined authority for the genuine responsiveness of action non-action. The pathway is about individuation - to become more ourselves, more our true nature if you like. Have you ever met an advanced or realised being who is not in possession of a strong individual personality?

Yes,...totalitarianism is seen as too negative, even with the word spiritual before it,...and fortifies the desire for individualism.

The moment a person transcends ego, she is part of the Whole.

Or as a Canadian once said, "Waking up is not necessarily pleasant; you get to see why all this time, you chose to sleep. When you wake up the first thing you will see is Reality does not exist for you, you exist for it. Shocking as it is when you let it in, there is rest. You do not have to labor anymore to hold together a reality that does not exist; forcing something to be real that is not real."

Yes,...totalitarianism is seen as too negative, even with the word spiritual before it,...and fortifies the desire for individualism.

The moment a person transcends ego, she is part of the Whole.

Or as a Canadian once said, "Waking up is not necessarily pleasant; you get to see why all this time, you chose to sleep. When you wake up the first thing you will see is Reality does not exist for you, you exist for it. Shocking as it is when you let it in, there is rest. You do not have to labor anymore to hold together a reality that does not exist; forcing something to be real that is not real."

I would suggest spiritual totalitarianism is more or less self contradictory ... since anyone with any spirit would not allow their lives to be dictated to by the state.

I also disagree about 'part of the whole' ... a continuum does not have 'parts' ... 'she' would realise that they are the Whole in that place, in that person.

I don't disagree with the 'Canadian' but I do wonder who it is. Rather strangely anonymous quote there, which just makes me all the more intrigued as to who the individual who spoke those words is.

We may not be on exactly the same page all the time but I think we singing from the same hymnal.

You really should put that book down and sing your own song.

You really should put that book down and sing your own song.

But I wrote the song, MH -- I wrote the whole book. Took me a while to remember, though, even though parts always seemed familiar.

You wrote it, too.

• Like 1

I would suggest spiritual totalitarianism is more or less self contradictory ... since anyone with any spirit would not allow their lives to be dictated to by the state.

I also disagree about 'part of the whole' ... a continuum does not have 'parts' ... 'she' would realise that they are the Whole in that place, in that person.

I don't disagree with the 'Canadian' but I do wonder who it is. Rather strangely anonymous quote there, which just makes me all the more intrigued as to who the individual who spoke those words is.

OK,....sure,...the moment a person transcends ego, she is the Whole,...instead of the figure of speech "part of the Whole."

There is nothing, IMO, contradictory about a benevolent dictator,...as an interim surrogate while the majority of humanity are realizing the falsity of their humanness. Of course, individualists would challenge the necessity of such a surrogate,...like most would want to slay Bodhisattva's if they realized what the Bodhisattva Vow implied.

The full quote of that Canadian,...from Alberta Provence:

"Waking up is not necessarily pleasant; you get to see why all this time, you chose to sleep.

When you wake up the first thing you will see is Reality does not exist for you, you exist for it. Shocking as it is when you let it in, there is rest.

You do not have to labor anymore to hold together a reality that does not exist; forcing something to be real that is not real.

You and this life you have been living are not real ...

In letting it in, even through the shock... pain... shattering, there is rest.

Reality is when all you want to know is what is true ...just so that you can let it in and be true.

Reality is not a safe place for you - the you that you have created.

It is the only place where you would die; where there is no room for your hopes, your dreams.

Once you have let it in, once you begin to re-awaken; to let Reality wake you up, nothing can get it out. That is the beginning of your end.

Waking up can be much more painful than the agony of your dream, but waking up is real."