Gerard

Hunter's Moon

mif9rn.jpg

Earth will be directly between the sun and the full moon, making a total lunar eclipse visible before dawn Wednesday, October 8, 2014.

The eclipse will happen when the full moon passes directly through Earth’s shadow.

The night before the lunar eclipse, October 7–8, is the night of the Hunter’s Moon, which is the first full moon after the Harvest Moon. During a Hunter’s Moon, the time between moonrises is shorter than usual for several consecutive nights around the full moon, bringing bright moonlight from early evening until dawn on those nights.

With the lunar eclipse will also come a Blood Moon, during which the full moon appears red in color. It is the second blood moon of 2014; the first happened in April. The full moon almost always has a red tint to it during a total lunar eclipse.

“During a lunar eclipse, the moon passes deep inside the shadow of our planet, a location that bathes the face of the moon in a coppery light,” according to information from NASA’s website.

NASA eclipse experts say some shades of turquoise might also be visible as you look at the moon during the eclipse. That color is especially visible in the first and last minutes of the total eclipse.

Link: http://wqad.com/2014/10/06/hunters-moon-lunar-eclipse-and-blood-moon-happen-at-same-time/

Very intense and purifying time. Kidney Qi is very active. I have also observed strong ghost activity during meditation and also the one that is temporarily in the apartment right above my unit, which is temporarily vacant. This being is moving furniture and walking around the flat. I guess since it is nearing full moon time the Yin side of reality is almost overlapping our Yang one.

It should lead to a very interesting meditation practice, deep and very energetic, cleasing.

Enjoy this very unusual moon. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 11

On this page http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2014-october-8 if you scroll down, it grabs your IP and lets you know the start and end times of the eclipse in your area. 1-6am Wed morning for me :D.

The full moon will be in Aries btw.

A little more about the present eclipse astrologically (and the next solar one coming up on the 23rd too) http://www.cafeastrology.com/lunationseclipses.html

My time: 04:04 haha!

• Like 1

Too much for me. Yesterday evening, right after circle walk practice, a rat came near me and suddenly a big lizard jumped on it and snapped its back. It was a slow death as the lizard was slowly killing the poor rodent biting it time and time again. I see now why they call it the Hunter's Moon...and you just mentioned Aries, a fire sign + Year of the Horse, what a crazy combo. Too Yang for me. :(

Around 4am this morning the moon looked like the sun, bright and red, massive (hard to see in the pic as I don't have a proper lense for capturing the details). A Yin full moon suits my 5E makeup a lot more.

20t5te1.jpg

BKA, the 1st link doesn't work. Here's the same one again. Thanks!

The maximum eclipse will be at 8:55pm for my location, tonight.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 3

The only effect I have noticed is I can't sleep at all tonight. This happens from time to time for me at the time of any full moon for some reason. Too intense energy from a full moon sometimes it seems...

:)