Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Magnetic Shift?

There is a lot of talk here of the end of the world so please take note.

This is the way the world ends

This is the way the world ends

This is the way the world ends,

Not with a bang but a whimper.

T.S. Eliot The Hollow Men

• Like 2

T S Eliot's powers of prophecy are in poor repute.

Otherwise he would have foreseen Lloyd Weber and "Cats," and never written the thing.

Magnetic shift?

Solar radiation?

Background radiation?

Sounds like a bumpy ride...

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 2

How do you know that you are part of this Planet? Certainly, the you that you think you are, is part of this Planet,...but are you really the you that you think you are?

Lao Tzu said, "Recognize that everything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth."

Well, I haven't read the HHJ... and I don't believe in the existence of a man named Lao Tzu. I put some faith in the DDJ and its authors -- as much as I put in anything -- but if the DDJ had suggested that everything was false, I would have stopped paying attention a long time ago. It's no way to live, believing that nothing is real.

I don't know who I think I am. I know only what I experience, and how I experience it.

I experience, therefore something exists. I have stopped trying to pin down any constant "me", instead happy to simply experience everything I can.

And on the off-chance it turns out to all be an illusion, at least I'll have experienced it well and been happy!

• Like 1

Well, I haven't read the HHJ... and I don't believe in the existence of a man named Lao Tzu. I put some faith in the DDJ and its authors -- as much as I put in anything -- but if the DDJ had suggested that everything was false, I would have stopped paying attention a long time ago. It's no way to live, believing that nothing is real.

I don't know who I think I am. I know only what I experience, and how I experience it.

I experience, therefore something exists. I have stopped trying to pin down any constant "me", instead happy to simply experience everything I can.

And on the off-chance it turns out to all be an illusion, at least I'll have experienced it well and been happy!

Yes,...belief that nothing is real, would be right up there with the belief that objects are,...neither the commentaries associated to Lao Tzu (and the speculated authors of the DDJ and HHJ), or Sakyamuni, to my understanding, preached either nothing is real, nor that objects are real.

Experience for most goes something like this,...experience born of belief can only be experienced through the condition of that belief. All conditions are a product of sleep. One could say that most of humanity's experience is no more real than a nightly dream.

Of course, people often have happy dreams. However, "on the off-chance it turns out to all be an illusion," you will have missed the opportunity to have had a direct experience.

One could say that most of humanity's experience is no more real than a nightly dream.

True enough. I know that I'm not experiencing existence the way another being might, and it's possible that my whole life has been a dream of sorts. But if that's the case, who do I listen to when I want to "wake up"? There are a hundred different theories about it on this forum alone...

Of course, people often have happy dreams. However, "on the off-chance it turns out to all be an illusion," you will have missed the opportunity to have had a direct experience.

Perhaps.. I'm still figuring it all out. There may come a time when I see something you've already seen. But what if I spent my life chasing it, and the idea of awakening was the illusion all along?

• Like 1

where, exactly?

The Hua Hu Jing. Which is why I wanted to be clear that I don't believe in Laozi as a historical figure; and don't believe that the same person or people who wrote the DDJ also wrote the HHJ

yaaaay for cool pictures!!! If that's what magnetic shift means, then I'm all for it :)

yeah, but what do you think those field lines are going to do when it flips? the dynamic is what keeps a lot of radiation and such out. I'm not sure people will want to be outside for that sunny day. I dont know why people assume its going to take a thousand years to flip. ever seen a powerful magnet flip around? these couple neodymium ones I've got will flip around faster than one can snap his fingers. what makes anyone think this oscillating dynamic, that has gyroscopic stabilization (moon, crust) will slowly just keep rolling until it reaches a new trough-dynamic? I dont see it taking much more than a day or two to make the flip. I think it will be rather disconcerting for most.

• Like 1

where, exactly?

Everything you see and think, is in the past. The 6 senses cannot observe the Present,...it is impossible. The past is illusory,...even one millionth of 1 second in the past.

Jed McKenna correctly said, "One millionth of 1% false is completely false"

As for belief,...a belief is always false,...that's why it's a belief. Belief denies, suppress, disempower. Belief makes delusion palatable.

Just because there is a bit of information lag doesnt mean that there is not an ongoing flowing dynamic. There is nothing BUT the present. The dimension of consciousness has no time component.

• Like 1

True enough. I know that I'm not experiencing existence the way another being might, and it's possible that my whole life has been a dream of sorts. But if that's the case, who do I listen to when I want to "wake up"? There are a hundred different theories about it on this forum alone...

Perhaps.. I'm still figuring it all out. There may come a time when I see something you've already seen. But what if I spent my life chasing it, and the idea of awakening was the illusion all along?

If you want to wake up, you must realize something that is absolutely true,...however, truth realization is usually not uncovered through seeking for truth, but removing the barriers built against truth.

Someone once said, "we need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself"

Prajnaparamita says the same,....neti-neti,....not this, not that.

So yes,...there are many enlightened egos wanting to tell folks how to wake up,...how to chase ideas through endless rabbit holes.

Jed McKenna said, "99.9% of the World's so-called wisdom, East and West, for the purposes of awakening, is about as useful as a glass of warm spit with a hair in it." So what is the .1% that is useful? I would put the Heart Sutra in that .1% category,...even though nearly all commentaries on the Heart Sutra are trash. The only Heart Sutra commentary that I've seen which was not trash, is the Heart Attack Sutra by Brunnholzl.

PJ Merola said, "The biggest crux to the evolution of humanity is breaking through your own indoctrination. It is very, very difficult to overcome emotional elements that have become so engrained in you, that you have an immediate reaction, an immediate suffering and pain, if something interfers with [your idea of the status quo]. It's a very, very complex problem. We have to learn how to identify and break our own indoctrination if we expect to move forward at all as a civilization"

For some other hints:

“Truth lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it.” Goethe

"Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold." ~Leo Tolstoy (Nice quote, but doubt Tolstoy ever uncovered a truth).

“Geometry is not true, it is advantageous.” — Henri Poincare. That's a most valuable quote,...because like geometry, mathematics is not true,...in the absolute sense.

"The real seeker of truth never seeks truth. On the contrary, he tries to clean himself of all that is untrue, inauthentic, insincere - and when his heart is ready, purified, the guest comes. You cannot find the guest, you cannot go after him. He comes to you; you just have to be prepared. Osho

Just because there is a bit of information lag doesnt mean that there is not an ongoing flowing dynamic. There is nothing BUT the present. The dimension of consciousness has no time component.

Sure,...there is nothing but the Present (the absolute present),...but there is no present in time,....and all phenomena is in time. That is the punch-line of the whole prajnaparamita.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this