Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Am I dreaming?

Nungali,

Your cautionary note is appropriate and well received. It applies to the dream work you described as well.

By saying responsibility, I mean the way Jung spoke of taking responsibilty for more than just what is identified through the ego.

I see the "slotting into each other" as a Jungian idea too; There is a structure where seemingly disparate elements are connected to each other beyond the individual.

What do you make of Philemon ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Book_(Jung)

No one seems to want to talk about it, including psychologists I have talked to. It seems, at times, that their own subject matter has become taboo (although I have read some authors that seem to agree with me, I haven't met or talked to any 'psyches' that will be open about it - they seem cautious and guarded.

It took nearly 60 years to get the Red Book published ... the Black Books , I think are still acidic taboo and no one seems to want to touch them with a 10 foot pole!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Books_(Jung)

Edited by Nungali

Nungali,

I haven't read Philemon yet. I have been shopping around because it is expensive with the reproductions of the images and I don't see any point in reading the text alone. I do remember the importance placed upon it in his "autobiography."

When I get a chance to read it and think about it, I will post a review of sorts here and perhaps we can take up this subject again.

Yes indeed, Jung went further in his adventures than most of his listeners were willing to follow. I will have to see if that includes me.

PLB

Nungali,

I haven't read Philemon yet.

The Red and Black books are the texts - Philemon was Jungs 'daemon' .

Sign in to follow this