Sign in to follow this  
idiot_stimpy

Am I being selfish asking the universe for what I want?

<snip>

One desire I have held pretty constantly so far along the way is to find the truth at any cost. So far it has really helped me find contentment within myself, being content being me.

As you have a sincere desire to find the Truth at any cost then It will find you - because a sincere overarching desire for the Truth is the only necessary and sufficient prerequisite. And not only will you find confirmation in yourself but you will also find confirmation in the world, as you see more and more clearly that you are not "me" but that you are everything and no-thing, which is Happiness itself.

And it occurs to me to add (although it doesn't seem to be an issue for you) that if you behave in ways that reinforce the belief in the separate self (as opposed to behaving impersonally), you may get what you (as the separate self) want but there will be a price to be paid...

So stay away from stuff like The Secret because there's no lasting happiness to be found there and live the inherent happiness that you uncover by doing what you love to do.

Edited by gatito
  • Like 3

Thanks gatito very refreshing to hear.

And it occurs to me to add (although it doesn't seem to be an issue for you) that if you behave in ways that reinforce the belief in the separate self (as opposed to behaving impersonally), you may get what you (as the separate self) want but there will be a price to be paid...

I found this to be quite profound. Thank you.

I concur about the desire for truth being the prime requisite for advancement..as all wishes get granted, and ignorance is the root of suffering (IMO - at this time), the desire for destruction of ignorance equates with the desire to end suffering.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this