Sebastian

Zhan Zhuang "Under the Hood"

Hey Buddies,

Help me figure out the chemistry that goes on during the Zhang Zuang holding the ball excercice (or standing like a tree).

More specifically, I'd like to get an understanding for the energies that we are generating, transforming and feeling.

One obvious effect is that the Dan-Tian or lower abdomen get warmer.

Member "Zoom" wrote a while back that the heat actually came from qi being converted into Jing, but I always thought that it was the reverse.

Additionally, another member here was raving about Zhang Zuang because it supposedly generated a particular quality of qi that he referred to as "YANG Qi" as opposed to the "yin qi" used in weigong.

About that, I don't think it's the Yang Qi that Nan Huai Chin is referring to in his books right ? Because Nan's Yang Qi is Kundalini like, it's the fire qi that opens the ren and the du meridians.

Thanks,

Sebby

I'll make an appeal to let go of the mind's desire to want to understand and simply do it.

The mind wants to grasp, discriminate, define, and that is all limiting.

What happens when we stand transcends understanding and limitation.

Open yourself to everything you feel inside and outside.

Feel as much spaciousness and openness as you can and then let all of that effort go as well.

We can all put all sorts of labels and judgements on what's going on and none of that makes much difference.

I challenge you to cut in half the amount of time you think about standing and put that time into standing...

... in a friendly and supportive way....

:)

• Like 4

Absolutely agree with Steve. Analysing, dissecting and compartmentalizing all lead down a blind alley.

I was doing 'Qi games' with a group last Thursday and one gentleman was having a wonderful time feeling Qi between his hands and in his belly, but he kept asking "what is this? And can it be measured?"

I told him basically what I wrote above.

Thanks. The way I view it is that the practitioner holds a posture, relaxes, and lets the qi do all the work. The practitioner isn't doing anything.

Would you be willing to try something new, radical, way out and just way cool?

• Like 1

Would you be willing to try something new, radical, way out and just way cool?

Wow, I'm flattered Soaring Crane.... I don't know. It sounds a little kinky, but me and member Zoom are going steady already.

jk :P

• Like 1