Trunk

Cottage Cheese + Flax Seed Oil

I think low fat cottage cheese might give a strange consistency, the oil should emulsify with the fat, and then the fat carries the oil for the health benefits. Sometimes fat is good.

Edited by zanshin
  • Like 1

Hi Trunk,

I played with this back in the nineties, and can't say I noticed much... but I don't think I really got the "emulsified" bit back then, just pouring the oil on top and eating it. So, on your enthusiastic recommendation, I'm trying it again. Question: do you use your immersion blender to make a supplement sized serving? I could use it for maybe 4 T cottage cheese worth, but there's not much to mix with just 2 T... So today I tried it by hand, and emulsion did not really happen in my time frame... I finally added a bit of OJ, and that helped it emulsify.

My first batch with 4 T of cottage cheese and two of flax oil left me rummaging through the kitchen for ACID! OJ, grapefruit, tomatoes... anything! I think I would have drunk vinegar if I'd had to!

I didn't notice anything the first day, but today I have definitely had some detox. Gonna play with it awhile.

Thanks for putting it out there!

I didn't notice anything the first day, but today I have definitely had some detox. Gonna play with it awhile.

I think I'm likely to feel it more than most: I've dealt with the aftermath of a catastrophic flu-based illness that really burnt me out for a long time. Lots of repair to do. Also, I tend to be sensitive in general: my acupuncturists / herbalists tend to be appreciative of my specific feedback on their treatments / formulas.

When I was working at a couple of herb stores, some people'd come in with just *solid* health (and/or unopened energetics, two very different situations) and they wouldn't feel much of anything. Other people'd feel everything.

I've reverted to just stirring it with a spoon, then chewing a bit more than I'd regularly do w/ cottage cheese. Seems to work just fine. Sometimes I just do a small "supplement" or "snack sized" portion, other times more like a meal... I've played w/ different oils: cod liver oil, flax, hemp. It's pretty groovy and flexible.

I think the liver can go through a lot w/ the detox and it's good to take some time away from it. Mix up pace, variety.

• Like 1