Sign in to follow this  
grabmywrist4

the water method meditation question

Hey guys. Can someone familiar with this method tell me about its technique for thoughts and emotions, if there is one. Thanks.

always good to recognize the root of phenomena, where do they come from? once you understand that then dissolving them is easier.

Hey guys. Can someone familiar with this method tell me about its technique for thoughts and emotions, if there is one. Thanks.

Have you read Bruce's books?

If not, I'd highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Have you read Bruce's books?

If not, I'd highly recommend it.

I concur, the Water Method by Bruce Frantzis is an outstanding book.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Bruce uses old Ch'an methods as a foundation for stabilising the mind and thoughts, these are breath focused and layed out in his book "Relaxing into your being". The same lessons, and more appear in CD form if you'd prefer audio. This is the Daoist breathing CD.

Emotions are addressed via dissolving, although some of this is touched on in the above book, his later book on Daoist meditation "Tao of letting go", is probably the most accessible for this. If you haven't read either and are interested in Bruce's work, get it from the horses mouth.

If you then want personal experience or opinion you can get that from those who've worked with it.

Best,

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am listening to the tao of letting go and I have read his first book. He said to look for the energy behind thoughts. I didn't understand thoughts as being felt in the body so I didn't know how to include them in the scanning. But thinking about it I do feel the energy behind them. He specifically says to stop scanning at the stomach though. Does anyone know why he doesn't go further?

Sign in to follow this