Jetsun

The only real immortals are:

Any living thing is part of an unbroken chain ,corals , aspen , even ants , and humans, that you, a human ,somehow stands apart from their ancestors or decendants or even relatives is just an impression based on the delineations one decides to draw. To a degree , one has a reason to draw a line around onesself , and say THIS IS ME ! because the content of it is that which we have some control over , that we sense directly. But one could draw that line more broadly, and extend it to our possessions , or groups , such as schools, races . We could also draw it more narrowly , to our body parts , our cells or dna or mind, or our bodies at this precise instant of time, etc.

Depending on how one draws these mental lines , one can potentially see themselves as part only of a lineage , or perhaps part of life , and then .. the definition of immortal could both extend to anyone , ,, or it could fall apart being meaningless. Indicative only of an illusion we held , or hold.

Thats very 'out there' :)

" Since I am Infinite Space, and the Infinite Stars thereof, do ye also thus. Bind nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby there cometh hurt.. " http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/engccxx.htm

Edited by Nungali

Like that famous Lama - Lobster Rampa known for his unshellfish nature.

(sorry)!

Not quiet true ... he was an ordinary man living in the UK and one day a lobster took over his body

And he is not immortal ... for he died ... but like all great lama lobsters was reborn ... in Connecticut this time, I believe .

tumblr_lsvtxeuGfq1r3drxlo1_400-e13499229

sorry x 3.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Thats very 'out there' :)

" Since I am Infinite Space, and the Infinite Stars thereof, do ye also thus. Bind nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby there cometh hurt.. " http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/engccxx.htm

Thanks, I guess it may seem so , but I really do think this is an unavoidably true factoid,

which is reitterated all over the darn place , as in the clipping you posted there, or looking at genetics , or the classics from the east.

When one is a baby,some person inevitably points to a horse , gives it a name , and starts indoctrinating the idea that things are discrete..then they start teaching about how things are grouped , how to count , what kindergarten class you have to go to school , that there is here and there etc etc.. yep its all useful im not condemning it,

BUT everyone knows they can group arbitrarily too !

group the red cards , the diamonds ,the eights , the full house ,,, etc etc ,,

It stuns me though ,that the realization , that these groupings are ARBITRARY, is somehow " out there" as in 'space cadet'.

or that it just feels space cadet-y ..

Similarly...

If I said ' beauty lies not in the stars ,but in ourselves' though its written a little figuratively ,the idea is NOT figurative, its literal.

I just dont 'get' the fuss over accepting it as literal. But there it is.. ah well.

:)

Edited by Stosh

In this case my ... 'out there' is a compliment.

Oh, thanks,

I guess I stick myself so far out on limbs habitually ,that I just expect a handsaw behind.

( and that would be due to 'my fault' ,representing a deficit in caution, if it had been the case otherwise.)