dee

Absolute(s).

Ha! I wish I had more like minded friends. I was wanting to do a meetup for TTB's like a meet and greet and connect with people.

They are having a TTB meetup in April in CA...but I don't think I can go...who knows though, maybe I will end up there anyways!

At the moment I'm in a transitional phase, I'm removing a lot in my life to create some room for my interests. I live in Canada. If I was to meet these people it would be very short unfortunately.

I as well - transitional phase that is...

getting rid of things is good usually...

what I like to do is only have entertainments that also offer the benefit of some type of refinement. For example, exercise is fun and useful, coming here is fun and useful, watching a comedy show is simply fun, but has no after-benefits....I look for things which have lasting benefit basically. So I don't really watch movies, unless they are formative, and I try to pack as much value into my time as I can.

I used to be a personal trainer, and when I would teach exercises, I would try to pack as much in as possible...for example...single-leg squats on an unstable surface while doing a unilateral dumbbell shoulder press...it trains stability, legs, and shoulders all in one movement...

Just to butt in here with something to ponder over...

The term 'absolute' is simply a mental construction. We have the word and its meaning. The meaning of the word itself is a construction with no reality behind it.

You made it up !!!!!!

So you are asking about nothing. There is no 'absolute' and no 'relative' or anything. Even the concept behind the word 'truth' does not exist.

Everything is a giant mental construction. lol

I guess that's why the buddhists in the tea shop laughed when I pointed to the tea pots and said "that is all an illusion".

There are illusions behind the illusion too !

Blessings

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg
  • Like 1

I've lately become more aware of my body in everyday things. I'm trying to practice mindfulness when doing any type of movement such as activating all types of muscles and becoming aware with my body.

I've done bodybuilding for 2 years and I'm slowly moving out of it. I'm wanting to move into yoga, and simple body-weight exercises. Running, squats, pullups, pushups. My goal is to be flexible in my own body and be able to feel a sort of "aliveness".

As for me; I have a lot of excess that I am slowly removing. But it takes time; and I can accept that. I've cut out all movies, T.V shows is about once a week and I watch shows until the series are over; after that I am not starting anything extra. I believe we spend too much time on TV not learning anything.

I'm wanting to "de-clutter" my life, and implement habits that will keep me on my own journey. I've never been this happy; and I realized that the more I understand myself the better I am off.

we are like twins! I used to body build, but now I am only into body weight exercises and some dumbbell stuff, dance and martial arts...I am aiming for longevity, functional fitness, and total wellness.

I have to get my self to the bed place now....I'll talk to ya later!

• Like 1

Just to butt in here with something to ponder over...

The term 'absolute' is simply a mental construction. We have the word and its meaning. The meaning of the word itself is a construction with no reality behind it.

You made it up !!!!!!

So you are asking about nothing. There is no 'absolute' and no 'relative' or anything. Even the concept behind the word 'truth' does not exist.

Everything is a giant mental construction. lol

I guess that's why the buddhists in the tea shop laughed when I pointed to the tea pots and said "that is all an illusion".

Blessings

:wub: :wub: :wub:

'illusion' simply means 'temporary,' however, I have the sneaking suspicion that existence is eternal... :)

• Like 1

I've sent you a PM. We can talk via an alternative method and not spam forums.

Ha! I love this post. I totally agree with what you're saying. Which is kind of the whole point of the thread; that nothing is absolute in that sense.

Nothing is absolute, or no-thing is absolute. :)

Absolutely !

lol

:wub:

This moment is absolutely this moment....and anytime you read this, it will still be true!

I failed to sleep...sleep-fail!

• Like 1

Not clear enough. Without, not with our awareness, how can anything exist? If you are asleep and not aware, will you know what is happening around you?

Faulty reasoning there. I need not be aware of a tree in order for it to exist. The universe existed before I was born and it will surely continue to exist after I am gone.

Now, true, my "awareness" of its existence requires that I perceive the tree. But I am nothing to the tree. Yes, that's duality; we can't excape it.

It is like this:

Space, Force, Matter/Energy, Time

The four things

But those have not always been and there is the liklyhood that one day they will cease to exist.

But those have not always been and there is the liklyhood that one day they will cease to exist.

how do you know this stuff? :)

I know nothing. But this is my understanding. Big Bang and all that stuff.

Big bang means that stuff was always there though...stuff won't simply cease to exist...it just continuously changes - forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever....

At least they do change, thereby are subject to change, and thereby are not absolute.

:)

• Like 1

if you were not aware of a tree existing, you wouldn't know what even know the word tree or anything resembling one.

The only thing that would matter to would be me, no one nor nothing else.

Had I not been born you would surely still be here posting at the TaoBums forum. My awareness means nothing except to me.

Right.. Don't follow your thought pattern. Still there are no absolutes. :)

Well, damn! I have to agree and have nothing else to say.

(My thoughts used to get me in trouble all the time. That is why I have suggested to others that they might be thinking too much.)