Vitalii

Cultivation of Inner heart nature

I understand that well, sometimes viewpoints are just coming from just too far apart for them to reconcile in the same lifetime , let alone on a forum !Dont sweat it , to a large degree , this is just theoretical underpinnings .. the reasons WHY we might do a particular thing is often far less important than what actually is done

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Master Jin Zhenren said:

If you want true merit, you must clear your heart-mind and stabilize your will, disciplining your spirit and emotions.
Without movement and without action, in true clarity and true purity, embrace the origin and guard the One, preserve your spirit and solidify your Qi. This is true merit.

• Like 1

.I was going to post debunking Mr Jins opinion but ..nevermind just go forward with your treatise on merit Vitalii.I regret my misguided effort to explain.

Edited by Stosh

Master Ma Danyang said:

Considering daily internal practice, quit giving rise to doubtful thoughts. Never forget the internal. Whether wandering about or standing and sitting, you should clear the heart-mind and discard desires.
Do not get defiled and do not cling. In perfect clarity and perfect purity, wander about freely according to your aspirations.

• Like 1

Master Zhang San Feng said:

If you want to practice the way to attain reality, first get rid of warped behavior.
After disconnecting your mind from external things, inwardly observe correct awareness.

When you notice a thought arise, you should immediately extinguish it.

Extinguishing thoughts as they arise, strive to effect calm quietude.

• Like 1

Immortal Lu Dongbin said:

Many who claim to cultivate the Dao still possess egotistical thought. Where there is ego, the true heart cannot emerge. It is only in stillness and the absence of craving that original nature can be cultivated. Those who seek the Dao must begin with knowing the difference between the true and untrue feeling, true and untrue intention. If you now the difference, then you will know the true heart. Intention and feeling can be know by observing the behavior in you daily life. If you actions are not sincere, then true feeling is absent. If you word are false, then true intention is absent.

• Like 1

The main doctrines of the Taoists cultivation:

The central aim in Taoism is to follow the "Tao", a word which roughly translates as "The Way". Taoists believe in following life in its natural flow, what they refer to as an "effortless action".

Taoists regard Tao and De (power, virtue, integrity) as the general principles of their beliefs and behavior. They should not only cultivate Tao but also accumulate De. Therefore, both Tao and De serve as the basis of Taoist doctrines. Derived from the foundation of Tao and De are a whole set of principles, including non-action, non-passion and non-desire, non-struggle, and the pursuit of simplicity and truth.

Purity and Tranquility

Purity and tranquility, corresponding to turbidity and movement, is the standard of behavior for Taoists. Purity is the source of turbidity while movement is the root of tranquility. This reciprocal relationship is a full manifestation of the purity and tranquility in Tao. As the origin of the universe, Tao governs the development of all creations by its nature of purity and tranquility. Taoists never ask for reward or gain. They are detached from desire for anything. If the human society is governed in the spirit of purity and tranquility, the world will achieve the status of harmony and the humans life will get ascended.

"Bullying is defined as overpowering the feeble.

Cheating is defined as playing tricks on others.
Scheming is defined as underhanded plotting.

According to Taoism, plotting to harm people is a big crime and plotting to harm loyal subjects is an even worse crime. Even if schemers manage to have their way, the divinities are wise and the schemers will be duly punishe"

"Both Buddhism & Taoism hold scripture, rules & discipline as their predominant principles. It is therefore essential for monks and Taoist priests to learn scriptures and abide by religious laws and rules. this departments supervises their conduct, sets high demands on them and rewards and punishes accordingly."

• Like 1

Cultivating heart nature is a very important point in practice.

Thanks for opening that thread.

However, would it be possible to just not talk about the classics (which are interesting as well), but also to share about practices, experiences, etc.?

The classics quoted here are mainly about ethics, which is fine (and for many people, required), but I believe that heart cultivation goes way beyond that.

• Like 1

The classics quoted here are mainly about ethics, which is fine (and for many people, required), but I believe that heart cultivation goes way beyond that.

Exactly!

Yes, I think the definitions are included in the thread of "Taoist Important Thoughts and Canon" in the Taoist Textual Studies.

• Like 1

Look guys, The idea isnt exotic at all. Lets say you look at a hot woman..substitute a dide if you like.. and you say she is super attractive because she has... huge tracts of land. Well the dude next to you doesnt think so..it isnt that she doesnt have huge tracts of land.. its just that yall are considering from a personal subjective position. There is no reality to her attractiveness beyond the impression on the viewer. just as right and wrong are subjective opinions ..sometimes agreed upon.

You're speaking my language

You're speaking my language

Cool ! did you catch the Monty Python reference too as in "Huge tracts of land" :)

Edited by Stosh