Sign in to follow this  
Sebastian

Dan Tian Jing Mechanics Question

Hey All,

Second post here. I was wondering if the following is exact.

1) Our Jing = Pre-natal Jing (fixed) + Post-natal Jing (cumulative)

2) At the lower Dan-Tian, both our Pre and Post Natal Jing are converted to Qi ?

If so, I'm interested into how this relates to the cultivation recommendation of abstinence.

They say not to deplete your Jing, which would be Pre-Natal in this case.... but if we engage in moderate sexual activity, don't we have enough Post Natal Jing to back it up ?

In other words, Is it right to think that the risk is only if we're really tired, or didn't eat or sleep for a while and then engage in excessive activity that will start to tap into the Pre-Natal Qi ?

If so, I would see the value of sexual restraint, but not complete abstinence. That is unless you are sublimating it somehow and this is a conscious choice of the practitioner.

Thanks,

Seb

I'll let someone with more of a complex understanding of this answer the details, but I'll add that for general health benefit, total abstinence is not necessary, and unless you plan on continuing your practice at that level, with all safety measures in place to convert the energy and avoid stagnation - for the rest of your life - I'd be careful about abusing the potential of total abstinence.

If your inner voice is true to tao. It will lead you to the correct path. Tao does not mean thinking it means letting go and being in one with the unversal path of you and you alone. What will be will be.

Sign in to follow this