manitou

The Inner Work

Usually I know what I should do and don't do it.

I'm like that.

Don't wanna make it too easy.

Besides, sometimes I don't really wanna do the things I should do.

Free Will, see?

It feels like the opposite, due to opposite polarities.

Sometimes if I do a ritual, I also do a backup/contingency ritual too- so I can bend the easily opposing forces if I include them at the beginning.

I love the fact that you mention doing rituals. It is so vital to bring our awarenesses into the physical realm. I use rituals or ceremonies as well. It's as though a ritual will separate point A from point B, the question from the answer, the yesterday from today. It marks a transition to the person (being healed, or actually healing themself) that a change is imminent. And in fact it has already taken place. The snowballs at the oak tree was a ritual, bringing the awareness to the physical.

I've not thought before about including the polar opposite in ceremony. It would pick up all the gaps in between, a start and a finish. I believe I will do the same 'in the hereafter', lol.

Capt. Mar-Vell - how beautiful that you say to seek the higher Will. Yes, every moment of the day, with every decision that we make, as often as we can think about it. This was the surprise to me about my behavior yesterday in the parking lot. It was such an antithesis to what I normally do - and yet this too was the Higher Will, as evidenced by subsequent awarenesses. How odd this all is. I appreciate your heartfelt words - but no need for sympathy - I've been as giddy as a schoolgirl all day today ever since the snowball incident. Still remnants of anger, but also a strange lightness and 'devil-may-careness' that feels strangely wonderful.

An odd incident, to be sure.

• Like 2

I went back and read the wonderful excerpt in the Castaneda thread which chris d linked in on post #20. Wow, did I fail that test! Being a Castaneda lover for years (and having chosen to pursue a warrior's path) I missed a serious opportunity to control myself in the fact of a petty tyrant (the man who had me penned in the parking spot). What a perfect opportunity for self control I missed by turning into an instant banshee.

To paraphrase some of the content of the Castaneda paragraphs - I wasn't able to cut and paste it - (intended for one walking the path of the warrior), the five tools used by the warrior to lose self importance (the development of humility) are the following: Control, Discipline, Forbearance, Timing, Will. There is a sixth tool as well: the Petty Tyrant, who is a tormentor who shows up on our path. Apparently the man in the parking lot was a Petty Tyrant in my particular case at that moment. The better thing to do, were I to have kept the above formula in mind, would have been to learn from this situation, I guess to await patiently until the cops got there, to practice the art of Detachment and develop this point of character further.

Castaneda further states: "The Warrior who stumbles on a petty tyrant is a lucky one - because then you don't have to go out and look for one."

He further says "Nothing can temper the spirit of the warrior as much as a challenge of dealing with impossible people in positions of power. Only under those conditions can warriors acquire the sobriety and serenity to stand the pressure of the unknowable"

In my case, the man was in a position of power because he was blocking the parking space. But although the test of sobriety and serenity was failed on my part, something else was gained. The seeing of the connection between the petty tyrant of several days ago, and the petty tyrant of my childhood. Was there really a net loss in this encounter? Although I did fail in one sense, I gained in inner knowledge and seeing the connecting thread between my behavior of today and the point of beginning of the behavior in yesterday.

So I'm not considering this one a loss. Not this one - too much good came out of it.

The awesome thing about how all this works is that when we manifest a condition on our end - a nasty encounter as the one described above - this means that the I AM within the other person has manifested the other half of the encounter as well. Within each of us resides the Tenant, the I Am, who is always tending toward the light, toward clarity, toward Union with itself. Why it needs to manifest to the physical is anyone's guess, I think. But it seems to need to.

Taking the concept of Time out of the equation seems to level it all out. It's all happening Here and Now, not yesterday, today, or tomorrow. The synchronicity of that parking lot man manifesting whatever lesson his soul 'wanted' to bring to his attention was done at the same moment my soul manifested my lesson. It seems that it is one constant evolution in the Here and Now, although our linear brains see it as before and after. It's all being manifested Now, worldwide...

I think we are all one zillion-eyed creature having a physical experience in this moment. How can we hate the Other when the Other is none other than ourselves?

• Like 3

Son of the Gods -

I woke up this morning thinking about your post where you spoke of the 'opposite' in your rituals. When you first posted this, it didn't occur to me that maybe what you're talking about is the very same thing I do in ceremony. Only I call it Imprinting to the Opposite. And I assume that when you talk about ritual you are speaking of a healing ritual? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Imprinting to the Opposite is what I call it when you can get down to the origination of a tendency within another (the one you're facilitating the healing with) and turn around the dynamic. It always has to do with Love in some fashion, at the end. A malady in the body does not grow as a result of love; it manifests as a result of fear or hate. The reason for the manifestation must be determined for the healing to be effected and successful. Cancer and diseases that take a long time to develop are such a dramatic example of this - perhaps not in young children, but in adults. But cancer is the body eating itself. As though something has been 'eating at' the person for years and years. This is the physical manifestation of the inner dynamic over time.

I believe this to be the sorcery of the Dao. Do you agree? Or maybe a better term would be to call it the 'Source-ery' of the Dao. I think a prerequisite for being able to do this is to know ourselves down to the core - the process of inner work that we are speaking of on this thread. As they say, the Truth shall set us free. If we have gotten down to the Source within ourselves, found the I Am (or the knowledge of who we really Are - that we are indeed 'God', we are the Manifester, the Thinker, the Creator) - then we become capable of using this very Source for healing purposes. Because we know ourselves down to the Source, we can See another down to their Source - at least we can see the template of how it's intended to be arranged within them, if their own behavior hadn't taken a turn away from Love. And it is through Love that this can be corrected, if the practitioner can See.

I sometimes think of the Nazarene in regard to this. If half of what was written about him is true, what a shaman he must have been. And the inner work dynamic is verified by him when he told others to "Know Thyself". Don't you think we're talking about the same thing here? The fourth step of the steps of recovery for alcoholism or recovery from any substance abuse is to take a fearless and thorough moral inventory of ourselves. This takes courage; it isn't easy. It's to assume that we do indeed have character defects, a concept that the Ego doesn't like at all. And it begs us to trace down those character defects to their root, to find where they started, to understand them, to shine light on them, and to imprint them to the opposite. The imprinting to the opposite within the alcohol recovery system is one that is distasteful and humiliating; there have to be amends made to those we have harmed in the past. Face to face if possible, without regard for what we fear they may say or do in response.

But what it does is it truly does imprint to the opposite. It gives us a new starting point from which to develop a more loving, more aware way of relating to the external stimulus in our lives.

To be able to See the dynamic within another cannot be done unless we have seen the dynamic within ourselves. Removing the log from our own eye before we remove the speck from another, as someone once said. This is key - and this is where the Inner Work is crucial if one wants to dabble in the wu-wei of the Dao, or the Source-ery of healing ourselves and others. To get down to the Source. To find the pony at the bottom of the manure pile. It is there, always - regardless of how much manure it appears that someone has.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

Son of the Gods -

I woke up this morning thinking about your post where you spoke of the 'opposite' in your rituals. When you first posted this, it didn't occur to me that maybe what you're talking about is the very same thing I do in ceremony. Only I call it Imprinting to the Opposite. And I assume that when you talk about ritual you are speaking of a healing ritual? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Imprinting to the Opposite is what I call it when you can get down to the origination of a tendency within another (the one you're facilitating the healing with) and turn around the dynamic. It always has to do with Love in some fashion, at the end. A malady in the body does not grow as a result of love; it manifests as a result of fear or hate. The reason for the manifestation must be determined for the healing to be effected and successful. Cancer and diseases that take a long time to develop are such a dramatic example of this - perhaps not in young children, but in adults. But cancer is the body eating itself. As though something has been 'eating at' the person for years and years. This is the physical manifestation of the inner dynamic over time.

I believe this to be the sorcery of the Dao. Do you agree? Or maybe a better term would be to call it the 'Source-ery' of the Dao. I think a prerequisite for being able to do this is to know ourselves down to the core - the process of inner work that we are speaking of on this thread. As they say, the Truth shall set us free. If we have gotten down to the Source within ourselves, found the I Am (or the knowledge of who we really Are - that we are indeed 'God', we are the Manifester, the Thinker, the Creator) - then we become capable of using this very Source for healing purposes. Because we know ourselves down to the Source, we can See another down to their Source - at least we can see the template of how it's intended to be arranged within them, if their own behavior hadn't taken a turn away from Love. And it is through Love that this can be corrected, if the practitioner can See.

I sometimes think of the Nazarene in regard to this. If half of what was written about him is true, what a shaman he must have been. And the inner work dynamic is verified by him when he told others to "Know Thyself". Don't you think we're talking about the same thing here? The fourth step of the steps of recovery for alcoholism or recovery from any substance abuse is to take a fearless and thorough moral inventory of ourselves. This takes courage; it isn't easy. It's to assume that we do indeed have character defects, a concept that the Ego doesn't like at all. And it begs us to trace down those character defects to their root, to find where they started, to understand them, to shine light on them, and to imprint them to the opposite. The imprinting to the opposite within the alcohol recovery system is one that is distasteful and humiliating; there have to be amends made to those we have harmed in the past. Face to face if possible, without regard for what we fear they may say or do in response.

But what it does is it truly does imprint to the opposite. It gives us a new starting point from which to develop a more loving, more aware way of relating to the external stimulus in our lives.

To be able to See the dynamic within another cannot be done unless we have seen the dynamic within ourselves. Removing the log from our own eye before we remove the speck from another, as someone once said. This is key - and this is where the Inner Work is crucial if one wants to dabble in the wu-wei of the Dao, or the Source-ery of healing ourselves and others. To get down to the Source. To find the pony at the bottom of the manure pile. It is there, always - regardless of how much manure it appears that someone has.

I would tend to agree in calling it old fashioned sorcerery.

I'd also call it modern day vampyrism.

I consider christ to be an archetype- Tiphareth.

Here is a short opposite rite.

I need to pay my electric bill. It is for $100.

So, I do a ritual for claiming $100.

Maybe it comes via the gold/blue energy stream, & manifests before me: I find a $100 bill floating across the parking lot (that has happened several times to me, honestly)

However, I also do a rite for the opposite to happen. The $100 manifests, but maybe too late- After the electric cut off date. Notice I do not say it won't manifest, but rather, there is a delay of it appearing.

What to do?

Somehow, the person attending my electric account overlooks my due date/shut off notice. The electric company has a snow day and decides not to open that day. The person handling my account goes on vacation, etc.

Always preparing for both sides, of the same coin ;)

• Like 1

It's as though when we an live in The Awareness, that our manifestations are no longer negative. Life becomes so very much easier. Problems cease to be problems, they become opportunities. The chemicalization has occurred. The desire to do the 'right' thing is part of us now - we know instinctively how to respond. If there is a question, to Do Nothing is the answer. This cannot be put into words, it must be realized from within. And to see that both sides of the coin are opportunities and either way it goes, it's just fine. It's all good.

Thanks for your explanation. Very nice.

• Like 2