RongzomFan

Debunking a Creator

Do you know what Phrenology is? In general that pseudoscience was used to classify race to determine superiority of a given race.

The above is not Phrenology, it's evolution within our genus.

What are you talking about. You quoted me claiming it was your own. Stop the incessant badgering about double standards. You plagiarized my post.

Stop the double standards.

Of course thats bullshit.

I'm going by the latest understanding of human evolution.

What does cranial shape have to do with being Jewish?

And, I nearly forgot :) (thanks for reminding me zerostao), I believe in the teachings of Lao Tzu and Sun Tzu.

I am a Taoist :wub:

• Like 1

What does cranial shape have to do with being Jewish?

I am saying I don't look in terms of race, only cranial shape.

You brought up race.

I am saying I don't look in terms of race, only cranial shape.

You brought up race.

What does cranial shape have to do with this discussion?

What does cranial shape have to do with this discussion?

FIne, I will just discriminate based on race, just like everyone else.

Carry on.

This discussion has been derailed by our resident Buddhists when I brought up Ein-sof which is in keeping with the OP. As far as I know, Ein-sof predates any religious doctrine or belief system.

I have no problem with my inability to fully comprehend Ein-sof, totality or however one frames it. I believe fear drives the need to absolutely comprehend totality, as if such beliefs will reward one to exert control over the unknown.

• Like 1

And, I nearly forgot :) (thanks for reminding me zerostao), I believe in the teachings of Lao Tzu and Sun Tzu.

I am a Taoist :wub:

And do you feel Vedanta is the essence of all these teachings?

This discussion has been derailed by our resident Buddhists when I brought up Ein-sof which is in keeping with the OP. As far as I know, Ein-sof predates any religious doctrine or belief system.

I have no problem with my inability to fully comprehend Ein-sof, totality or however one frames it. I believe fear drives the need to absolutely comprehend totality, as if such beliefs will reward one to exert control over the unknown.

So stop pretending to be a rationalist.

Ein-sof is just god.

• Like 2

All of which are irrelevant to understanding the nature of perpetuated afflicted experience.

Judaism is an inherently exclusivist religion with its hereditary members being designated as "Gods chosen people."

Monotheism is a late invention.

And Kabbalah is an even later medieval invention.

This topic is nothing more than a controlling legalistic rant which is the underlying problem with the Buddhist idea that totality can be understood and controlled.

Judaism is an inherently exclusivist religion with its hereditary members being designated as "Gods chosen people."

I was referring to the Kabbalah not Judaism in general. Why not do a little reading/study as opposed to proceeding from incorrect conclusions.

This topic is nothing more than a controlling legalistic rant which is the underlying problem with the Buddhist idea that totality can be understood and controlled.

And you are just promoting typical Abrahamic religion:

"God in unknowable"

And you are just promoting typical Abrahamic religion:

"God in unknowable"

The OP is in terms of "debunking a creator". Actually the title is not well phrased. I am participating by providing other points of view.

Buddhists or anyone else for that matter, do not possess ownership of the nature of life.

Edited by ralis

The OP is in terms of "debunking a creator". Actually the title is not well phrased. I am participating by providing other points of view.

Its the typical view I heard in Church.

Nothing profound.

Nothing profound.

But your belief systems are profound?

I wasn't the one who specifically mentioned Buddhism when I pointed out that Dharmic religions consider it unnecessary to posit a creator god in order to understand the nature of afflictions.

I was referring to the Kabbalah not Judaism in general. Why not do a little reading/study as opposed to proceeding from incorrect conclusions.

From what I understood Kabbalah was originally a form of Jewish mysticism.

Nothing profound.

That is the bottom line. Isn't it? The vast majority are conditioned in a certain way then react when hearing what is believed to be a more superior/profound belief system. Basic stimulus response psychology.

How many times have we heard the Christian Trinity is beyond our understanding?

You went from Judaism to Christian Trinity? What is your point?

This has been totally derailed by the OP and his cohorts. If the thread displays reason at some point in time, I may have something to say.