Coaster

Myths about Tea and Caffeine

The Koreans are pretty good at brewing that stuff too. Lucky for me I had already stopped drinking alcoholic stuff before I did my first tour over there. (I do still drink low alcohol (6.5 or 7.5) red wine on occasion but that's different.)

One thing is for sure: Korean ginseng can 'sing'. I've have very potent stuff from there. I was recently eyeballing a Korean Ginseng tea but just didn't want to get disappointed in it.

Seems one man's wine is another man's 'shine.

More memories:

The first time I was stationed at Ft Gordon (Augusta), Georgia the state was still dry on Sundays. But you could aways get some shine. Either after church, some times from the pastor, or from the local sheriff.

One thing is for sure: Korean ginseng can 'sing'. I've have very potent stuff from there. I was recently eyeballing a Korean Ginseng tea but just didn't want to get disappointed in it.

I never did the ginseng. I do kimchi though. That's almost as bad as drinking alcohol. There is a Korean market about 15 miles from where I live that I visit on occasion.

Caffeine is not the only variable, there can be other side effects. Too much tea can be a factor in other things like osteofluorosis(loss of bone density from fluoride that accumulates over time).

Yes, but you are talking way too much tea in order to get osteofluorosis:

The patient reported that for the past 17 years, she has habitually consumed a pitcher of tea made from 100 to 150 tea bags daily (estimated fluoride intake, >20 mg per day)