Lataif

Does Yin and Yang theory . . . actually make sense (?)

I shall let you ponder on this.

No, you will not chop off my finger. Hehehe.

Anyhow, we won't agree here. My understanding: First a body is needed, then a properly functioning brain is needed. As we age we become aware (some never do).

Primal awareness is not an acceptable concept for me.

That's because it is not a concept but a reality.

You just have not experienced it yet in your life time insofar while living and you will be subject to it at death when you die. This is a fact whether you like it or not.

Death is unavoidable, and the mysteries that you humans seek are not found in the frontal lobes while you are living in under the paradigm of self.

Primal awareness as you call it is the source of who you are, it’s the tiny little drop of the universe wrapped up in a skin bag, you just have to expanded your awareness enough to simulate a consciousness connection so you can experience it.

See? I told you we won't agree. Hehehe.

But I do agree that death is unavoidable.

I just noticed where you live. Do you hold to some of the aboriginal religious/spiritual beliefs?

Another example: If you're ill . . . how long are you supposed to be ill (?) How do you know that . . . before you start thinking about interfering (?)

You're not supposed to be ill. Start interfering (like get more sleep or exercise for example)

Or consider ends and means: how much effort to achieve a certain end . . . is too much (?) How do you know that (?) Who decides the period in which you balance the end and the means (?)

The time for the person varies. There's obviously micro ways of weighing the evidence, then there's gut knowing(s). There is also yearly considerations, according to I Ching theory. Some years are Fire years, when much effort is beneficial, others are Water years when humility is more successful. Some years might be good for reflecting (Lake), while others need to be active.

Am I supposed to have my personal energy balanced . . . at the end of each day (?) The end of each month (?) By the end of my life (?) How do I know which it is (?)

Why shouldn't your energy be balanced all the time? Be relaxed in body but attentive in mind. This is yang within yin. Active in body and relaxed in mind. This is yin within yang.

If I'm very tired at the end of today . . . does that mean I'm imbalanced . . . today (?) Or does what I'm doing maybe legitimately take two days . . . and I'll only be unbalanced if I'm still tired at the end of that period (?)

Depends on what you were doing. If you follow the above balances, you will be less tired.

So tell me, please . . . what specific aspect of Taoist teaching has to do with this perception of the periodicity of Yin and Yang (?)

You need to know yourself -- there's no iPhone app for it. It's like developing inner time. When you dance do you look at a metronome to do it?

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness