grabmywrist4

How does the practice of taijiquan lead to enlightenment?

Can someone please explain this to me?

It can but the correct type of practice is needed. At the crux of it, Taiji Chuan is an internal cultivation practice where we increase our internal energetic vibrations to ever increasing higher frequencies till we are resonating with existence itself (Dao). Then we consider that our "Te" is realized and Te (microcosm) has reconnected with Tao (Macrocosm).

People who don't know Qi as a living conscious energy will never be able to teach you Taiji Chuan that will lead to realization of your true being.

In other words, Taiji Chuan is a Dao Gong (a cultivation of Dao).

http://www.amazon.com/Restoring-Your-Life-Energy-Well-Being-ebook/dp/B00AJSI7FI/ref=la_B001K8IR56_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1384114786&sr=1-4

The book listed above covers how that is so and what the relationship between Taiji Chuan, Chi Gong and Tao Gong are and even teaches some very powerful Dao Gong practices which we do as part of our regular Taiji Chuan practice.

Edited by dwai
  • Like 3

The practice of Taijiquan was invented by Zhan Sanfeng. The core of this method is Neidan, Inner Alchemy, the result of which is enlightenment. But also such practice can give you very interesting fighting skills, if combined with other Taijiquan trainings.

• Like 2

It doesn't unless practiced correctly.

It's the same way that meditation leads to realization. At the advanced stages, Tai Chi is meditation. Moreover, it's meditation in motion so it trains the body/mind to be in meditation while not only standing, but moving. This is a vital step for taking your practice off the cushion and into your life. Stay in a meditative state, not grasping nor rejecting and relaxing into the natural state of awareness while doing your everyday activities. A vital step on the ladder in my opinion. In fact my daily practice will often follow this:

Sitting meditation qi gong
Standing meditation qi gong
Moving mediation - Tai chi
Bagua
External arts

Once we can maintain the natural state of relaxed awareness throughout the day, add in a little dream practice, and we are practicing 24 hours a day.