Kadesdes

Can anyone comment on this experience?

Hi guys,

This has now happened twice:

About a year ago I was doing the Tai chi form and I was fully in the zone, fully relaxed, and movements flowing and as I got about half way through (about 15 mins) it was as if I could not feel my body or like I wasn't actually moving my body but I was moving the movement itself if that makes sense. It was quite interesting but soon after that I began to feel VERY hungry and like I just wanted to lie down and look at the stars in a fully relaxed bliss - which I did so and then later went to eat something.

This happened again to me last night and it was during my Qigong practice. same sequence of events but this time I did not eat anything I just allowed the feeling of hunger to be. It gradually went away as well as the feeling of wanting to lie down but as I continued something different happened - I began to feel a bit shaky, my arms and legs were all shaking slightly and throughout the whole session I was fully alert.

Can anyone comment?

Experiences we get during practice can be highly varied, don't think anyone can give you an exact cause. Just relax, observe and let go. Have fun. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

Hi guys,

This has now happened twice:

About a year ago I was doing the Tai chi form and I was fully in the zone, fully relaxed, and movements flowing and as I got about half way through (about 15 mins) it was as if I could not feel my body or like I wasn't actually moving my body but I was moving the movement itself if that makes sense. It was quite interesting but soon after that I began to feel VERY hungry and like I just wanted to lie down and look at the stars in a fully relaxed bliss - which I did so and then later went to eat something.

This happened again to me last night and it was during my Qigong practice. same sequence of events but this time I did not eat anything I just allowed the feeling of hunger to be. It gradually went away as well as the feeling of wanting to lie down but as I continued something different happened - I began to feel a bit shaky, my arms and legs were all shaking slightly and throughout the whole session I was fully alert.

Can anyone comment?

IMO It sounds like your sugar level was low.

PS......

Few month ago, this never happened to me. Normally, I have a snack in the late afternoon but one day. I was working on something, all the sudden I feel weak and my head was light. Then I lied down, I see the walls in my room were spinning for few minute. I waited the spinning stopped, I was rushed to get something to eat. Then I'm alright. I knew my sugar level low from my past experience when I was a kid.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys!

I did suspect that my sugar level was liw but I also wondered if there was anything else to it as I could not feel my body.

I will simply let it be for now :)

Personally, I feel this is the body telling you that it needs more nutrition. IMO if hunger comes as a direct byproduct of practice, then eat. If the body tells you to eat, it often is not the brain that "tricks you". This is often more in correlation to stress and fear.

My teacher told me many years ago that I should eat more and that I unconciously neglected my need for food. My system needed more food, basically, and had just created a habit of not eating enough.

On retreats, I usually eat a tremendous amount of food, and have strong craving for food.

I think hunger, just like sleep can get uncovered, and often, the body becomes aware or ready to take in nutrion if it relaxes and the chi is working on re-sensitizing the system.

But, again, I am just using myself as example. This might be different for you.

h

• Like 2