de_paradise

Relationships: help or hindrance of path

I remember when i met Dzogchen Rinpoche (in 96) he was already the head of Dzogchen Monastery, but single then. At that time he did not give much teachings in the West because of the language barrier. Then he got married, improved his English, and started to properly teach. To be honest, i think he was already 'highly realized' prior to getting married.

Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche whom i see as being highly realized had already been teaching and giving empowerments before he married Elizabeth Mattis Namgyel.

A most inspiring account i have heard was of Jamyang Khyentse Chokyi Lodro, one of the most revered Nyingma lineage holders. He became very ill when he was 56 years old. According to divinations and prophecies which foretold this, it was said that in order to remove the obstacles which will prevent him from living longer and continue teaching the Dharma, he is to get married, which he promptly did. His health returned immediately after that. He lived and taught for another 11 years.

As a side note, the funny thing is, among the Tibetan masters, they do not actually say anything at all about their realizations or levels. To them, its not very significant. When they are teaching they are very serious. Away from that setting, they are just very simple individuals with very profound auras. And most of them like nothing more than watching Looney Tunes or The 3 Stooges during teaching breaks. :P Seriously. Thats why they laugh so much.

Very interesting stories CT. Thanks for sharing.

My 2 cents, Peace

Very interesting stories CT. Thanks for sharing. My 2 cents, Peace

its nothing, please dont mention it. i share when i can, what little i know.

peace to you, sir.