manitou

The Sage goes to a motel....

I don't think Mommy Fortuna had luck at all. I think she attracted the unicorn because of her pure essence and being. I don't think the unicorn landed on a particular number on the roulette wheel, willy nilly. It was the law of attraction that brought the unicorn to her.

This is manifesting, as I see it. To attract to us the beautiful, the artful, the profound. The sage will turn it around and send it back out. To let it happen, not judge anything, just let it Be. To deal with everything As It Is, to love everything for what it is, not what we think it should be. It is only then that the magic happens. To bring ourselves to the point where ego doesn't stand in the way of the flow of wu-wei. To feel love for all without exception.

Indeed Manitou,

it is said the same attract the same.

Luck is said when one not know the cause

Mommy Fortuna do has real magic

to keep the two immortal beings locked

as well she and Schmendrick could see

the true Unicorn.

Mommy Fortuna

has to case Illusion of a fake horn

on a real unicorn so that a common person

can acknowledge the Unicorn as real -

still not see the real thing.

This said, it means in reality one sometimes

has to fake and make a show to convince

the common person.

I had laugh when I watched "Two Broke Girls"

where the card reader has cursed them

with non spectacular ordinary movments

dont know if you know that sit com.

In manifestation one has to let go.

Since a message dow you hold tightly can

not move to its destination.

Danke schön!

Wayne, is that you??

Indeed Manitou,

it is said the same attract the same.

Luck is said when one not know the cause

Mommy Fortuna do has real magic

to keep the two immortal beings locked

as well she and Schmendrick could see

the true Unicorn.

Mommy Fortuna

has to case Illusion of a fake horn

on a real unicorn so that a common person

can acknowledge the Unicorn as real -

still not see the real thing.

This said, it means in reality one sometimes

has to fake and make a show to convince

the common person.

I had laugh when I watched "Two Broke Girls"

where the card reader has cursed them

with non spectacular ordinary movments

dont know if you know that sit com.

In manifestation one has to let go.

Since a message dow you hold tightly can

not move to its destination.

Friend, your understanding is so deep...

So normal people see the horse, not the unicorn. In order for her to convey the unicorn to people, she has to present it as a horse, hiding the horn.

Are you sure Schmendrick could see the unicorn?. If he ended up in Hagard's Court 'to entertain him', seems like he was still putting on a show, not of the Real. I'm not at all familiar with this story, so perhaps there's much I can't see yet.

• Like 1

Are you sure Schmendrick could see the unicorn?. If he ended up in Hagard's Court 'to entertain him', seems like he was still putting on a show, not of the Real. I'm not at all familiar with this story, so perhaps there's much I can't see yet.

Yes Manitou,

those who could see were

Harphy : Immortal can see each other

-Mommy Fortuna : Dark Path of Magic

-Schmendrik: By following Mommy Fortuna

but not having her greed.

-The Red Bull (oh I like Energydrinks)

-Molly Grue :Those who believe and wait

(Very interesting as she is the only one

with full name, else only a title, a name)

But because of the Virgin on Unicorn

magic it is camouflagged for those

who could see but find it out

by keeness.

-Haggard

-Red Bull

-Skull

-Cat

-Mabruk

There is much to see in this movie

Especially at the beginning with

the butterfly(Those who occupied with themselves

which was short or Mabruk (fooling a great magician

to not see a Unicorn).

There is much in this roman.

Like one of my favourites is with the Skull

and Schmendrick and the "Wine"

"SCHMENDRICK: But you're dead!  You can't smell wine,can't taste it!SKULL: But I remember..."

So much to ancestor rites.

• Like 1

Hehehe. In none of my many lifes have I ever been a Wayne.

I am merely dating myself. With your mention of danke schon, I thought you might be singing in Vegas.

I am merely dating myself. With your mention of danke schon, I thought you might be singing in Vegas.

Oh, now I'm back with you. You lost me for a minute. Actually, I never cared for Wayne, for whatever the reason.

I've been to Vegas only once. On one of my cross country trips I had the opportunity, stopped in. got one silver dollar, put it in a one-armed bandit, lost it and left town. (I didn't have much spending money on that trip.)

I think the Sage would have left that town too, without wasting the dollar, and slept under the stars. Wouldn't have to worry about getting rained on out there.

Oh, now I'm back with you. You lost me for a minute. Actually, I never cared for Wayne, for whatever the reason.

I've been to Vegas only once. On one of my cross country trips I had the opportunity, stopped in. got one silver dollar, put it in a one-armed bandit, lost it and left town. (I didn't have much spending money on that trip.)

I think the Sage would have left that town too, without wasting the dollar, and slept under the stars. Wouldn't have to worry about getting rained on out there.

They had silver dollar machines? I always thought it was just quarters. I think the sage might have dropped one silver dollar in a machine. Just one.

They had silver dollar machines? I always thought it was just quarters. I think the sage might have dropped one silver dollar in a machine. Just one.

Yeah, this was back in the late 1960s or early 1970s when I was there. And I agree, even a Sage would take a shot. He could use his winnings to help himself and others in need.

The funniest thing I ever saw was when Joe and I went through Searchlight, near Vegas. He had never gambled before. He put a quarter into a machine, got three back, and looked at amazement at me and everyone else in the row. His exact words:

"How do they stay in business???"

He soon found out.

The funniest thing I ever saw was when Joe and I went through Searchlight, near Vegas. He had never gambled before. He put a quarter into a machine, got three back, and looked at amazement at me and everyone else in the row. His exact words:

"How do they stay in business???"

He soon found out.

Yeah, that was just the bait to get him to bite deeper and harder.

All scams are that way. (And they are professionals so never think you are going to get over on them.)

Edit to add:

Hehehe. We sure got this thread off topic, didn't we? But hey, it did get up to page 6.

Edited by Marblehead

Sorry to come so late to the party.

Most of my thoughts have already been put out there by others but I'll toss out some ideas, anyway.

The sage is a mythological creature. I guess each of us has an idea of what that means and that's the point of the thread in the first place... In my imagination, the sage would enter the apartment, notice the spiders, and then look at the reaction they elicited in her, if any. Assuming that a strong feeling of fear arose, she would look deeply into that fear. She would allow it to unfold and blossom fully. She would not analyze it at an intellectual level but simply experience it in the body, in the emotions, in reality. At this point the sage would see the fear for what it is and then would simply choose to stay in the room or to move on, depending on whether the spiders posed a substantial threat to her health and well being.

Hi Steve,

I know you are correct here, from an idealistic point of view.

How many of us conduct ourself in an idealistic manner?

When she saw the spiders (because she holds a fear of them) the first response is going to be instinctual. Fight or flight. She must first negate the fear before she can have the idealistic response you spoke to.

The best threads have a nice quiet death...

Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

I know you are correct here, from an idealistic point of view.

How many of us conduct ourself in an idealistic manner?

When she saw the spiders (because she holds a fear of them) the first response is going to be instinctual. Fight or flight. She must first negate the fear before she can have the idealistic response you spoke to.

Old soldiers never die; they just fade away.

First of all we're discussing a sage - an idealistic character. So it is logical to infer that the idealistic character will respond in an idealistic manner. If the person we are discussing is incapable of acknowledging, experiencing, and working with an irrational fear before responding in a programmed manner, then I think the original premise is flawed - we are not discussing a sage.

Secondly, what I'm describing is a very accessible technique. It is not at all limited to idealistic people or situations. It is very easy to do. It's simply a matter of practice. It's best to start under controlled circumstances and gradually apply it to more and more extreme circumstances. I do it all the time. I do it as a way of working with and through a variety of emotional and psychological challenges - facing the daily grind, dealing with anger, dealing with unpleasant people and situations, etc...

Edited to add - Third, what I am describing is not even a response. It is simply making a habit of living in awareness rather than a conditioned response. One can't negate fear until it is first felt. I'm talking about feeling it fully before responding. One would think the sage would be aware of his surroundings and feelings and would respond appropriately, rather than in a dysfunctional, irrational fashion.

Edited by steve
  • Like 2

Sorry to come so late to the party.

Most of my thoughts have already been put out there by others but I'll toss out some ideas, anyway.

The sage is a mythological creature. I guess each of us has an idea of what that means and that's the point of the thread in the first place... In my imagination, the sage would enter the apartment, notice the spiders, and then look at the reaction they elicited in her, if any. Assuming that a strong feeling of fear arose, she would look deeply into that fear. She would allow it to unfold and blossom fully. She would not analyze it at an intellectual level but simply experience it in the body, in the emotions, in reality. At this point the sage would see the fear for what it is and then would simply choose to stay in the room or to move on, depending on whether the spiders posed a substantial threat to her health and well being.

Hey Steve. Yes, you are late to the party. Will you stay and help me pick up the bottles and cigarette butts?

I think your response is stellar. I happen to be reading the degrees of the Scottish Rites by Albert Pike right now - each of the 32 degrees (I think the 33rd is pure attainment, in which case there is no further achievement to be had) represents a defect of our own character, whether it be fear, jealousy, judgment, etc. The Scottish rites are all about getting through the defects so that our inner lenses will no longer be warped, so that we can see clearly. Yes, certainly this does take effort, and people do it all the time - don't tell a 33rd degree that he has done nothing - he has worked on his inner responses for years. I do it, you do it, others on TTB's do it. The individual feelings and responses are fully examined from both an emotional and an intellectual level. We must determine the source of those feelings, find out where the reaction started, when the snowball started rolling down the hill. And the longer the snowball rolls, the bigger and more dense it gets.

There are those who live their whole lives unexamined. As they say, is the unexamined life worth living? Even the fellow from Nazareth said to Be Ye Therefore Perfect. This is attainable, but this is also where the ox comes in - this place of perfection that our soul longs to dwell within - and yet it doesn't seem to be within our reach to remain there 100% of the time. The best we can do is try and remain on the ox the very best we can - to regain our balance when we feel ourselves slipping off into the old reactions.

I got angry today for the first time in an awfully long time. It was when I learned that the local gas station had put a hold on $125 of the money in my account to cover a $23.00 purchase of gas. I just happened to do some online banking and noticed the charge pending. This infuriated me, I went down to the bank to see if I could stop payment, etc. I was told that "all the oil companies do this now if you use an ATM at the pump". I couldn't believe how angry I was, to think that the banks were making out with all the later bounced check charges on those who maintain a low bank account. The anger got in front of me.

When I realized how caught up in this I was, I laughed at myself. After all, it's only 'stuck energy', but it was one of those 'principal of the thing' moments that just sent me over the moon. I got it out of my system by writing a letter to the Ohio Attorney General, and cc'ing Eric Holder and the Better Business Bureau - and of course the local gas station.

How quickly the ire can come up, just when we think we're sailing along just fine.

But if we are people of spirit we must try - it's the difference between being a hobbyist or being a quester. Both are just fine, it's just our inner configurations that are different - for some reason the only important thing to me anymore is the quest, and it involves examining our reactions. Maybe because so much of my life has been darkness...

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

I hope you took the time to write up a really good letter about the gas station because that is actually fraud what they are doing.

I agree with you, Marbles. Apparently they're ALL doing it, have been since about 2011. If there is collusion between the banks and gas companies, any splitting of bounced check fees (if people let their balances get down there and end up bouncing checks because of the $125 hold) I think it would be covered by RICOH. My letter suggests this possibility, plus asks whether there is any chance that the $125 is actually transferred, even for a moment, resulting in even a penny's interest per transaction. This smacks of organized crime to me. Yes, I can write a decent letter. Why don't you have a go of it, try paying at the pump with your ATM, and then check your account online the next day? My guess is that it will show a hold of $125.00, but only if you pay at the pump with the ATM. Some of the gas stations even have a policy of running the card TWICE on the pump transactions - once for the actual gas charge and once again for the $125 hold. If you check it online, it is said it started because of high gas prices and the loss they sustained from drive-offs; started with a $1.00 fee so they could get in and make sure you had enough money in your checking acct. to pay for the purchase, but it's gotten totally out of hand. Apparently gas stations are not the only entities that do this. The articles I read infer that other entities that are paid up front (before the actual amount of the purchase is known) this is done as well. I think they're called ADF holds (advance fee or something like that). It is awful, and the little guy is just getting trampled.

Let me know if you try it.

Edited by manitou

The last time I used my ATM Debit was maybe a year ago at my local Hess station and the hold was for the exact amount of purchase. I rarely drive my Tundra so I top off the tank maybe once every two months and I normally have cash in hand when I do that.

I do have a "special" Debit card I use for internet shopping that I keep a balance of ten cents in it. When I make a purchase over the internet I transfer into that account the exact purchase price so no one can ever hold more than what is available.

HP tried to over-charge me on a possible printer purchase and when I saw what they had done I cancelled the order and bought a Kodak printer from Wal-Mart instead.

It may be only on Visa cards, I don't know if MasterCard is doing it or not. I don't think they do it on credit card purchases. Yes, this is the first time I've ever used an ATM at a pump. Don't know why I even did it that day, my back may have been hurting too much to walk inside. These belly dancing lessons nearly have me up in traction.

Because the transaction is a debit, the machine contacts the bank in real-time and requests a hold for what they anticipate is the largest reasonable purchase (they don't know how big your tank is) and they can later reconcile with the bank in a batch fashion (rather than doing the reconciliation in real-time) and collect their money. This way, they are assured (reasonably so) that the money is still there. Hotels do the same thing because they don't know when you check in what your total bill will be. I've noticed hotels and some gas stations posting a warning about this recently.

A credit transaction is handled differently because it is not a "cash transaction" like an ATM card is. I use a credit card at hotels and I tell gas pumps that my debit card is "credit" (or use a credit card instead...)

• Like 1

These belly dancing lessons nearly have me up in traction.

Cajun Two-Step might be better for a person of your age. Hehehe.

Steve, are you trying to get us back on topic or something?

Actually, if it were a Buddhist Sage (s)he wouldn't have to pay because they don't exist.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

So when the sage goes to a motel, does he use a credit or ATM card?

Cash.

• Like 1