FH, you don't want to be stalked by TTBs members? ;)

No fun Herschel, there are 18 different people with your name on the people searches ;(. I was hoping to street view your house on google earth.

I'm just kidding, but a reason folks probably don't like to use their last name on random forums much.

• Like 2

FH, you don't want to be stalked by TTBs members? ;)

No fun Herschel, there are 18 different people with your name on the people searches ;(. I was hoping to street view your house on google earth.

I'm just kidding, but a reason folks probably don't like to use their last name on random forums much.

Lol. I was responding to FH post asking for the Xiao Yao Pais head honcho info. I don't think it's fair of him to ask for ALL that info when he himself is a ghost.....Nah mean?

I seriously doubt he renews his drivers license under the name Flowing Hands. :)

I get why you asked him :). I'm still surprised there were so many hits with a name more interesting than "Bob Smith" though lol.

Teachers do fortunately or unfortunately come under more scrutiny since we are wondering *who* we are entrusting ourselves to; of course that info could be given to interested folks privately though. (personally though I'd also ask for FH photo and/or real name before getting any talismans from him).

This is kinda getting off topic though...

• Like 3

I get why you asked him :). I'm still surprised there were so many hits with a name more interesting than "Bob Smith" though lol.

Teachers do fortunately or unfortunately come under more scrutiny since we are wondering *who* we are entrusting ourselves to; of course that info could be given to interested folks privately though. (personally though I'd also ask for FH photo and/or real name before getting any talismans from him).

Hey you guys get a life! My spiritual name is Flowing Hands, if you met me in person this is what you would call me and no other name other than a honorary title. Black Elk is called Black Elk, because that was his spiritual name as a N. American Indian holyman. When he was born his parents may have called him something else but once he had taken up the chununpa, he was then called Black Elk. So 30 years ago when I became a Daoist Holyman I was given a name to be styled by, so you have my true name which is far more important than any given name at birth.

By the way I suggested that if xyp teacher wanted less suspicion about his/hers actions, then they should give more info about their lineage and teachers and what they are called. This information you have about me, as I am proud to be a student of those teachers and to follow a very long line of teaching.

Edited by flowing hands
  • Like 6

Hey you guys get a life! My spiritual name is Flowing Hands, if you met me in person this is what you would call me and no other name other than a honorary title. Black Elk is called Black Elk, because that was his spiritual name as a N. American Indian holyman. When he was born his parents may have called him something else but once he had taken up the chununpa, he was then called Black Elk. So 30 years ago when I became a Daoist Holyman I was given a name to be styled by, so you have my true name which is far more important than any given name at birth.

By the way I suggested that if xyp teacher wanted less suspicion about his/hers actions, then they should give more info about their lineage and teachers and what they are called. This information you have about me, as I am proud to be a student of those teachers and to follow a very long line of teaching.

Flowing Hands, it is curious and relevant that you introduce Black Elk on this thread. i share your honoring of Black Elk. i look to Black Elk with high regard and high esteem, so much merit earned by one High Priest and so much spiritual experience contained in a truly remarkable life. this all i wish to say for now.

• Like 1

On a more serious note, when you do see my full profile and learn more about me, see me in the media you will know there is big trouble coming very shortly. Lets hope I can melt back into non existence and not known by anyone, the world may be a slightly safer place to live. ;)

• Like 1

Actually FH, I was just using you as an example, I'd ask anyone. However in your case there is video of you on your website.... good enough for me.

Not quite sure what you mean about it being safer when you are hidden.. I'll leave that one be :).

Actually FH, I was just using you as an example, I'd ask anyone. However in your case there is video of you on your website.... good enough for me.

Not quite sure what you mean about it being safer when you are hidden.. I'll leave that one be :).

Means I'm not needed anymore; no nuclear war to come!!!!

• Like 1

"Lets hope I can melt back into non existence and not known by anyone,"

yes, fh, XYP also perserves this tradition of a Taoist never looking to gain popularity.

or seeking recognition. XYP does not expose the lineage for some recognition from society.

even if some Taoist clans expose their lineage looking for recognition,

we do not do this at XYP

Means I'm not needed anymore; no nuclear war to come!!!!

I put NO faith in any man. I wanted to stay away from this thread but honestly I can't leave your posting stand as it is. You are not God. You may be A god but not THE GOD. I hope that maybe I'm just misreading your post, and if I am then I apologize.

I put NO faith in any man. I wanted to stay away from this thread but honestly I can't leave your posting stand as it is. You are not God. You may be A god but not THE GOD. I hope that maybe I'm just misreading your post, and if I am then I apologize.

You misread me I am an ordinary man who was an Immortal in my last life. I reincarnated to do the work of Heaven to tell people what is to come so we have a choice. I am taught by my Divine masters through a traditional framework that has been established for thousands of years. What I do is no different to many other traditional shamans, apart from the fact that the Immortal makes his/her presence known physically, a bit like a medium, whereas many shamans have to travel in their own minds to their spirit teacher. There lies the complication, one involves the mind, which can so easily be deceived, and the other involves a very strong and powerful presence manifested in the physical world.

No single God exists as in the Christian etc. religion, we are all dependent whether we are a God or a living thing on the universal life force. This gives life to all that we see and don't see.

• Like 1

You misread me I am an ordinary man who was an Immortal in my last life. I reincarnated to do the work of Heaven to tell people what is to come so we have a choice. I am taught by my Divine masters through a traditional framework that has been established for thousands of years. What I do is no different to many other traditional shamans, apart from the fact that the Immortal makes his/her presence known physically, a bit like a medium, whereas many shamans have to travel in their own minds to their spirit teacher. There lies the complication, one involves the mind, which can so easily be deceived, and the other involves a very strong and powerful presence manifested in the physical world.No single God exists as in the Christian etc. religion, we are all dependent whether we are a God or a living thing on the universal life force. This gives life to all that we see and don't see.
So you're saying without this Universal Life Force we would all DIE???So we actually depend/rely/lean on this Universal Life Force to keep us alive???What do you call this Life Giving, Life Sustaining Force that we NEED or else we would die??? Using your own words, you've named a God above the rest. You choose to ignore It. You claim there is no One True Living God but yet you describe a Thing that is the Reason we exist....hmmmmm. Jesus Christ provides an Instant Purification. However, most Christians won't come close to Understanding the Process. Simply believing isn't enough. FAITH is an action word. Not something you keep buried and to yourself. And YES, there is a ONE TRUE GOD you simply choose to ignore this fact :)

I apologize about the derail. Let us get back on topic.Maybe we can discuss the history of the Xiao Yao Pai? Does anyone know how it originated?

"Lets hope I can melt back into non existence and not known by anyone,"

yes, fh, XYP also perserves this tradition of a Taoist never looking to gain popularity.

or seeking recognition. XYP does not expose the lineage for some recognition from society.

even if some Taoist clans expose their lineage looking for recognition,

we do not do this at XYP

To be fair, xyp do advertise for students and hold 'initiation' days to whoever turns up.

So you're saying without this Universal Life Force we would all DIE??? So we actually depend/rely/lean on this Universal Life Force to keep us alive??? What do you call this Life Giving, Life Sustaining Force that we NEED or else we would die??? Using your own words, you've named a God above the rest. You choose to ignore It. You claim there is no One True Living God but yet you describe a Thing that is the Reason we exist....hmmmmm. Jesus Christ provides an Instant Purification. However, most Christians won't come close to Understanding the Process. Simply believing isn't enough. FAITH is an action word. Not something you keep buried and to yourself. And YES, there is a ONE TRUE GOD you simply choose to ignore this fact :)

I apologize about the derail. Let us get back on topic. Maybe we can discuss the history of the Xiao Yao Pai? Does anyone know how it originated?

This is a Taoist Forum and although anyone can contribute and have their own point of view, most Taoist do not accept that there is just one God. If you want to discuss Christian world view and Biblical interpretation according to what was written in that book, then I think you're on the wrong forum and there are many forums where you can exalt the virtues of Jesus till you are blue in the face, but in my opinion, here you are in for a horrible ride if you continue with Jesus and one God theory. There are Taoist on this forum who have difficulty with me, let alone believe in one God and Jesus.

• Like 3

To be fair, xyp do advertise for students and hold 'initiation' days to whoever turns up.

This is a Taoist Forum and although anyone can contribute and have their own point of view, most Taoist do not accept that there is just one God. If you want to discuss Christian world view and Biblical interpretation according to what was written in that book, then I think you're on the wrong forum and there are many forums where you can exalt the virtues of Jesus till you are blue in the face, but in my opinion, here you are in for a horrible ride if you continue with Jesus and one God theory. There are Taoist on this forum who have difficulty with me, let alone believe in one God and Jesus.

Thank you for addressing my post. I've yet to have a "bad ride". I understand this is a Taoist section.

You know, I'm open to the fact that my relationship with Christ is personal so it's hard to show you my proof because a lot of it is internal.

"To be fair, xyp do advertise for students and hold 'initiation' days to whoever turns up"

i posted about this in the other XYP thread.