Sign in to follow this  
silent thunder

Fear

Some time ago I had an epiphany regarding fear.

I realized that what I had been calling fear was actually my conditioned reaction to the feeling of coming into contact with my power. When I would enter into a situation in which there was a perceived threat or a strong challenge, the body opens up the energy channels, adrenaline and hormone outputs and many of the usual perception filters are disengaged... the flood gates open.

This results in a huge influx of energy through the system, which I had learned to interpret as fear. With mindfulness, presence and awareness, after this epiphany, I now perceive the raw, neutral energy of my natural abilities.

Feeling that power can still trigger a 'flinch' effect, or a pulling away, but it is fleeting and passes quickly into putting full awareness into the situation, rather than having my circuits overloaded and shutting down.

• Like 5

Yeah, most of those fears are evolutionary fears that we really don't need anymore. I mean, how many saber-tooth tigers or short-faced bears have stalked you recently?

What you are talking about is the fight or flight instinct. We get powered up for whatever choice we make.

Most of the fears we humans have today are illusionary. But some are real. We just need to learn how to deal with them. Thunder's post speaks to this.

• Like 1

Someone told me to allow it to rise in meditation when it wants to and explore it. When we do, we realise that there is nothing there, and as if by magic, it goes.

So I presume enough training in this will lead to elimination. I've started doing this and can vouch for it, in the short term at least.

• Like 2

When considering fear we should be mindful of the law of attraction.

"That which I greatly feared has come upon me."

Job.

Feeling that power can still trigger a 'flinch' effect, or a pulling away, but it is fleeting and passes quickly into putting full awareness into the situation, rather than having my circuits overloaded and shutting down.

Is that the feeling that suddenly the floor disappearing under your feet? Or riding a elevator down and down, the feeling of sinking?

Have you tried to "look up" to let the "ligtht" infuse the "flinch" feeling?

• Like 1

Is that the feeling that suddenly the floor disappearing under your feet? Or riding a elevator down and down, the feeling of sinking?

Have you tried to "look up" to let the "ligtht" infuse the "flinch" feeling?

Never had the falling feeling, but I would get constriction in the chest, heat in the neck, tension in the head.

This realization came upon me some years ago. These days, I center myself by using breath/body awareness.

Being not thinking. Works well most all the time.

Never had the falling feeling, but I would get constriction in the chest, heat in the neck, tension in the head.

This realization came upon me some years ago. These days, I center myself by using breath/body awareness.

I forgot the guys name, he was a body worker, I think.

He said that fear is excitement without the breath.

By infusing fear with deep breathing, it becomes excitement.

It does work, if you can breathe deeply.

Peace

• Like 2

Is this the sign of "mystic fire"?

1. 30 times balloon blowing
  2. Breathe in fully
  3. Breath out fully and hold until gasp reflex
  4. Inhale fully and hold for 10-15 seconds.
  5. Repeat until finished
  6. Take 5 minutes to relax and scan your body

The above procedure is Wim Hof similified tummo method. You might be able to do some experiment to determine if they're similar.

Interestingly gasping respiration in the dying patient is the last respiratory pattern prior to terminal apnoea. I'm convinced that it's similar too.

IMHO, Qi Gong is just a "safe" method to experience "death" while "alive".

• Like 1

Is this the sign of "mystic fire"?

1. 30 times balloon blowing
  2. Breathe in fully
  3. Breath out fully and hold until gasp reflex
  4. Inhale fully and hold for 10-15 seconds.
  5. Repeat until finished
  6. Take 5 minutes to relax and scan your body

The above procedure is Wim Hof similified tummo method. You might be able to do some experiment to determine if they're similar.

Interestingly gasping respiration in the dying patient is the last respiratory pattern prior to terminal apnoea. I'm convinced that it's similar too.

IMHO, Qi Gong is just a "safe" method to experience "death" while "alive".

I use four versions tummo, but haven't come upon this variant.

I mainly work on increasing cycles of retention and sublimation.

This looks very interesting... I'll definitely try it. thanks!

p.s. synchronicity note: the guy who taught me tummo studied with Wim as well.

I forgot the guys name, he was a body worker, I think.

He said that fear is excitement without the breath.

By infusing fear with deep breathing, it becomes excitement.

It does work, if you can breathe deeply.

Peace

Yea, this is exactly my experience.

Open breathing and awareness transforms the experience of panic into power.

• Like 1

I use four versions tummo, but haven't come upon this variant.

I mainly work on increasing cycles of retention and sublimation.

What do you mean by "retention"? "semen retention"

Fear in emotional body is similar to pain in physical body. It's a warning sign says that you might come across a new territory. Sometimes one moves forward with caution. Sometimes, one backs off if one's not ready.

I believe in "no pain, no gain". But I'm not a fan of these extreme "boot camp".

What do you mean by "retention"? "semen retention"

Fear in emotional body is similar to pain in physical body. It's a warning sign says that you might come across a new territory. Sometimes one moves forward with caution. Sometimes, one backs off if one's not ready.

I believe in "no pain, no gain". But I'm not a fan of these extreme "boot camp".

Breath retention/sublimation.

The tummo in my practice works with warrior breathing in cycles of 9, 18, 27, 35 etc... on the final breath of any given cycle there are a few variants, some retaining the breath for as long as possible, or for a certain number of heartbeats, then exhaling while constricting the abdomen in certain ways depending on the cycle.

Sublimation involves breathing out 80-90% of the air from the lungs after the final breath in the cycle while relaxing completely until compelled to breath again, or for a certain number of heartbeats, at which point a new cycle is started.

I believe in "no pain, no gain".

I believe that if one studies that concept real hard and honestly one will find it to be invalid.

It might be semantics, but I've all but rejected 'no pain, no gain'.

I delve into discomfort quite a bit, but pain smacks to me of the ascetic path and that branch is of no use to me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this