CrunchyChocolate555

Chronic fatigue from doing qigong

http://www.qiqigong.com/index.html

A rare complete teaching of 9 sets of Wild Goose Qigong is now available to those outside of China for the first time (Most training in the west only includes wild goose qigong sets I & II).

I have all 9 DVDs, good stuff

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

What you describe as nervous system burnout is familiar to me. I experienced 2 doses of that between 2007 - 2008 each lasting about six months long. That too was triggered by very excessive spiritual practices :). In my experience, purification of the nadis and rebuilding the nervous system actually consumes a lot of physical resources and can place the system under significant stress. Its unpleasant for sure, but there’s no way around it that I know of if you want to progress spiritually.

However, there can be other contributing factors to this which can add to the symptoms. I found that these can be divided into several groups: Diet, physical end environmental toxins, stress and overload.

Food sensitives – grains, dairy and fructose usually being the main culprits. The right diet for the body is important, not only in making sure to get the right nutrition to support spiritual growth, but also getting rid of foods which can add to the increasing the amount of impurities and toxins that the body has to deal with. The nervous system needs some essential materials to repair and rebuild itself. Essential fatty acids are the most essential ingredient to help protect the nerves from free radical damage and rebuild the system. A few table spoons of flaxseed oil each day may help in this regard. Calcium and magnesium supplementation is also recommended.

Some environments are just toxic and if your sensitive and empathetic – your literally like a sponge that soaks up shit wherever you go. This further overloads the impure nadis with crap when they’re trying to purify. When I was in that phase, sometimes just going into solitude or in very isolated places was sufficient to bring about immediate relief. The other contributing factor is stress, which is also related to the environment and lifestyle - translating into adrenal burnout and chronic fatigue. If your symptoms are persistent, it may be worth getting your adrenal glands checked. The best solution here is to reduce stress and find a suitable environment that is supportive. However there are also supplements which can help, but these are more like a crutch.

The last one is overload. Obviously, If you overdo some practices, you can end up driving too much power into the system and that can fry your nervous system causing some damage or radical detoxing. Its best to be as slow and deliberate as needed. Speed isn’t rewarded.

• Like 2

Maybe you should pay Sifu Jenny the money to clear out the entity inside you.

You seem to have more personalities than you can handle.

Good luck.

Edited by hydrogen

Just came across this old topic.

kinda like how you meditate a few hrs a day and when you get out of the session, you have a raging headache. It'll pass. Note that when you do meditation and qigong, you will feel very hungry and tired because you just pushed the mind and the body to do something that it usually don't do.

Wasting yuanjingqi is why, actually.

You'll feel fatigue when you do running, weightlifting, biking right? So it's fine.

Also, wasting yuanjingqi.

I know this is probably unheard of, or at least not really common, but I just noticed that qigong was causing (or at least contributing to) some bouts of extreme fatigue and sleepiness I was experiencing in the last few years.

About 3-4 months ago I was doing qigong perhaps 2-3 hours a day and constantly felt lethargic as hell, unmotivated, and all I wanted to do was sleep.

I stopped everything cold turkey for a couple of months and although felt my body getting much tenser, I had tons of energy, felt great, and could do whatever I wanted. I was also much happier.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, I went back on a steady qigong regimen (out of sheer curiosity), averaging 1 hour a day, and I am again feeling lethargic, barely got out of bed this morning, and feel all around irritable and crappy.

So my question is: is this some kind of detox reaction? Should I just stop and forget about qigong, or keep going to hopefully one day break through whatever is going on?

I had noticed people say they practice Qigong, but they all have a different understand and doing it differently. May I ask what were you doing in your Qigong practice which causing you to have the adverse effect. It seems to me that you are not doing it incorrectly. Thus that is why you are getting the opposite effect.