Sign in to follow this  
gj551

'print version' of thread like in wikipedia

hello, in wikipedia and in other message boards there is an option 'print version'. it displays to you the thread in simple text format so one can print it more easily without having to have in it the message board graphics. i did not find it :) do you have this option in the message board? please tell, thank you

well, i fathom it isnt there (is it?) .. there are many threads of value. could you implement it..? that would be good. lets discuss this. it would make the difference between reading a long thread and not reading it because you could copy it on your phone then

Hi gj551,

I tend to browse the Tao Bums mostly whilst at work, during my lunch break.

And print threads that are interesting / long or too complex (for my limited intellect) ;)

In order that i can read them later, at my leisure.

But as you mention, perhaps it would be easier / clearer with a "Print" layout / option.

Let's wait & see what the Mods etc make of your suggestion.

Basher

gj551,

I am not sure I have understood your problem.

Have you tried clicking the little printer icon print.png found at the bottom of the webpage when you have opened a thread?

It should give you what you are looking for.

Have you tried clicking the little printer icon print.png found at the bottom of the webpage when you have opened a thread?

Answer = NO cos I didn't even notice the Dang Thing !!! LOL

Edited by Basher

A slight drawback though: for long threads, the printer icon print.png will not appear.

Those are the times I need it most !

Those are the times I need it most !

Yes, me too. But the exact definition of what a long thread is remains to be given. So when in doubt, just check the bottom of the thread, you may have a good surprise :)

Yes, me too. But the exact definition of what a long thread is remains to be given. So when in doubt, just check the bottom of the thread, you may have a good surprise :)

fwiw, i just clicked on two threads: 13-pager it's still there, on the 22-page one it's gone. So..somewhere in between is the line

• Like 1

gj551,

I am not sure I have understood your problem.

It should give you what you are looking for.

hello bubbles, thank you for your help. your advice is good

but in this thread ( http://thetaobums.com/topic/22912-semen-retention-100-days-and-my-experiences/page-32 ) that print symbol is not there at the end of the page. in this thread it is but in the linked thread it isnt. how can you do this? :)

Edited by gj551

hello bubbles, thank you for your help. your advice is good

but in this thread ( http://thetaobums.com/topic/22912-semen-retention-100-days-and-my-experiences/page-32 ) that print symbol is not there at the end of the page. in this thread it is but in the linked thread it isnt. how can you do this? :)

gj551 - the printer application has a small buffer. After a thread gets too long, the printer application cant handle it, so when it senses too many pages in a thread - the printer icon disappears.

ooo ooo! pick me!

maybe not of use to the OP, but i just found out i can save whole pages of a thread as a pdf with firefox for android's tools :)

Sign in to follow this