Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

Discussion of Chuang Tzu Study

Interpretations of metaphors in classics are always based on logical assumption. No........ ???

We can't treat it like a modern language of any kind, you know.

Hehehe. Just saying.

Yes, I like to believe that Lao Tzu told the Captain of the Guard at the desert border gate his philosophy and the Captain had it all written down. The TTC now exists. (But there is no proof that this is so.)

A quick notice. The title of this thread will be changed shortly. It will read "Discussion of Chuang Tzu Study".

• Like 1

Lao Tze is a legend, so is the TTC but the philosophy is there. Does anybody care where it is right now....??? However, we are still looking for the original; but for now, any codex will do for evaluation.

Lao Tze is a legend, so is the TTC but the philosophy is there. Does anybody care where it is right now....??? However, we are still looking for the original; but for now, any codex will do for evaluation.

I take it, then, that you have gotten past your old screaming about the official "Received" TTC is the only one to rely on?

And, while we're at it, it might be better, ChiDragon, to not start the 'Laozi is only a legend' debate.

Yes, there is proof sufficient that Chuang Tzu was a real, living person. Perhaps Lao Tzu and the TTC will never have that "proof sufficient". But we can still admire the teachings, irregardless. (I just had to do that.)

Yes, there is proof sufficient that Chuang Tzu was a real, living person. Perhaps Lao Tzu and the TTC will never have that "proof sufficient". But we can still admire the teachings, irregardless. (I just had to do that.)

:lol: Hope it was worth it for ya.

:lol: Hope it was worth it for ya.

Oh!, it was. Almost as much fun as sex. (Of course, I past that now so all I have to play with are words.)

I take it, then, that you have gotten past your old screaming about the official "Received" TTC is the only one to rely on?

And, while we're at it, it might be better, ChiDragon, to not start the 'Laozi is only a legend' debate.

No, I still have the Received TTC to rely on for the comparison of any codex........ :P

I don't take a legend to go into a heated debate. Perhaps only for honorable mention.

Sign in to follow this