Mudryah

Donnie Yen new movie!

Maybe one day I will get inspired to watch it. We'll se.

I watched Dragon Tiger Gate last night. It was strange watching Donnie use a cell phone. (Donnie Co-produced this one.)

started watching Donnie Yen's Dragon Tiger Gate last night also - I had seen it before. So I read a review of it - how the CGI, etc. was bad for Donnie Yen - compared to his 2011 movie Dragon.

So I watched Donnie Yen's Dragon instead. It's a bit slow - more of a drama -- got tons of awards since it's kind of "arty" - but when the action hits it is pretty awesome.

It's a good story also -- some good twists - cool qigong stuff in it.

I think Dragon Tiger Gate was just an exercise for Donnie. One, showing that he can, if he wants to, perform for a Western audience, and two, to show that he is capable of playing a part for present-day staging.

The action was, IMO, really excellent. Of course, Donnie choreographed it all.

Edit:

Meant to include that I have the DVD for Dragon so I can watch that anytime.

Edited by Marblehead

Its rumored that Jet is suppose to play Yang Lu Chan in his next movie but we shall see.

He spends a lot of his time making movies for Chinese audiences. Very busy man.

Oh, blade of Kings. I heard that was an ok film?

Yes, that's the one. Donnie didn't have that big a role in the movie but it was still a good one. Just the fight between him and Jackie made it worth watching.

• Like 1

Donnie Yen is probably my favorite martial arts actor. He's always very polite. I find it amazing that he's almost 50 and still in such good shape.

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

Donnie's Tai Chi is much more refined than mine is. Hehehe.

You should post a video of your tai chi. It would be nice too see man! What style do you practice?

Just to let you know also, this movie is not a wushu kungu based film. This is real street fight situations type of scenes and some wire stuff but I repeat this is not a wushu kungu film. It's similar to Flashpoint.

Just to let you know also, this movie is not a wushu kungu based film. This is real street fight situations type of scenes and some wire stuff but I repeat this is not a wushu kungu film. It's similar to Flashpoint.

I'm sure I will watch it when I have access to it. I pretty much have to wait for Netflix to add it to their line-up.

• Like 1