When we had quickies, it would leave us sad.

When tension is there, just make love to it :), and treat the root cause, not the symptom.

:wub:

Tried teaching my ex fiancé this, but she was.... well... they made

... mind... :lol:

She only cared about the appearance of spirituality and how she could use people and avoid being used... a preemptive.... problem :lol:

Oh well, im sure i'll meet someone who's got the mutual weirdness instead of the regular old crazies.

• Like 1

Oh well, im sure i'll meet someone who's got the mutual weirdness instead of the regular old crazies.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

• Like 1

I can't praise it enough. It's not just about sex, it's about the Taoist path in general, the various topics unified by the common thread of sexuality. Frantzis trained for years in a left-hand Taoist sect, and he brings an incredible amount of knowledge and experience to his writing. There is information on techniques for enhancing ordinary sex, synergy between taiji, qigong, etc. and sex, Taoist morality, five phase personality and compatability, all sorts of useful stuff. But when it gets into sexual qigong and sexual meditation it really shines: It is nothing short of astounding to me that information about inter-personal energy work and meditation at that high of a level is available in print.

Check out the table of contents here:

http://www.energyarts.com/sites/default/files/Taoist-Sexual%20Meditation-Table-of-Contents.pdf

I would also like to recommend the "Taoist Sexual Meditation" book. Very impressive spread of material, and it places sexual meditation/qigong within the overarching context of Taoist meditation and cultivation in a healthy and balanced way.

I highly recommend it in general, and I highly recommend it to people who are struggling to fit their sexuality into their cultivation.

Hello Creation, nice to see you. I havent read it yet, it's on my wishlist. I will do, I'll prioritise it now. At the moment I'm reading a book about Christ which I am really getting a lot out of, and one about emotional intimacy, by robert masters, which is very articulate about matters which can easily be foggy. I'm trying to get out of the habit of reading too many books all at once, and return to the Old Way of reading one or two at a time.

I realize it is ridiculous for me to recommend a book about sex to you, so thanks for playing along. I think you'll really like it.

I am realizing how much of an information glutton I am. Thanks for setting a good example in that regard.

Robert Augustus Masters is awesome!

Edited by Creation

cat,

We sure do like to read the same authors. Just a few days ago you were posting Mark Griffin and Jerry Stocking, now Robert Masters and Phillip Yancey!

My first exposure to Masters was an interview posted here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/20822-spiritual-bypassing/

Thanks for the heads up about the new book.

When I was an evangelical Christian, one of my three favorite Christian books was Yancey's "What's so Amazing about Grace?" I never read "The Jesus I Never Knew". I wonder what I would think of it now that my beliefs have changed so considerably?

Edited by Creation