Ian

Non-ordinary reality

Non-ordinary reality  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you experience it, and how easily?

• I've never experienced it.
    • I experienced it spontaneously, without any kind of spiritual practice, just on the odd occasion
    • I experienced it only after lots of spiritual practice.
    • I can make it happen at will and always could.

Um... back to the original question? <_<

"Non-ordinary and real" experiences I had caused me to start looking for an "ordinary and rational" explanation. I found it in taoism and was ever so happy when I did. I danced and danced!

The non-ordinary thingie turned out to have a name -- qi. It turned out to have properties, qualities, directions, behaviors well explored and documented thousands of years before I was born. I danced when I discovered that! Before I did, I was trying to document and analyze my experiences the left-brain way (the way I was trained to) -- drawing diagrams, arrows pointing here, arrows pointing there, words struggling to express perceptions, words like "incoming force" and "outgoing acceptance" and "sideways rejection" and "cyclic flare-ups" -- and pictures of numbers coming alive, a zero compressed on both sides turning into a 1, a 1 pushed sideways by a "right-left interaction" turning into a 2, a 2 turned upside down by the "upside-downing force" giving a 5... I had pages and pages of these attempts to reinvent taoist sciences of yin-yang, qi, wuxing, bagua, ganying... and then I discovered it's all been done, I don't have to do it from scratch, it's there, it's real, non-ordinary and well-explored by the "non-ordinarinauts" who went before. Oh boy. I was soooo happy.

"non-ordinarinauts"

It's a beautiful mind.

Edited by Spectrum

Every time I figure the Whole thing out, I end up forgetting it.

What is there to say? Taoist learning is forgetting.

Spectrum

Yes. I tried a bit to think about this, and even touching upon the recollection of non - ordinary reality made me flip out of thought and into a space where verbal articulation floats away. which was nice.