Sign in to follow this  
becomethepath

Evaluate my financial plan/ future

I sure do like "intermountain west" women...Not much of that stuff around here, pretty or otherwise.

what kind of women are they?

too tough may not be good

Imagine constantly fighting over who gets to spend the money you earn and on what, it isn't fun and I don't recommend it.

Make sure the person you find is pretty on the inside too, not just the outside. The inside is wayyyyy more important as they all wind up looking like Yoda eventually anyway.

you message seems to imply that one shouldn't try to turn a prostitute into a wife.

maybe we should look at women differently

not as living companions, married or not.

women are wonderful creatures for falling in love with

from 16 till 20

before they turn

Edited by narveen

General tips on saving money.

Eyewear:

If you wear glasses use zennioptical you can get the same glasses you get at the optometrist for like 1/10th the price they charge. You just need your prescription and your PD (pupillary distance).

http://www.zennioptical.com/

Cellphone/Homephone:

Need a house phone? How does free sound? You can use an OBI-100, a normal phone, and google voice to get a free house phone with free unlimited long distance, caller ID, voice mail, and SMS text messaging. If you have to pay for DSL some carriers offer plans without the phone line or discounted etc.

http://www.google.com/voice

http://www.amazon.com/OBi100-Telephone-Adapter-Service-Bridge/dp/B004LO098O/

Need a smart phone? Use republic wireless. You get a nice droid, $20.00 a month. Unlimited everything. It uses sprint/verizon CDMA network. The catch is when you have open wifi available it will use that instead of cell network to place calls, not really a big deal at all.

http://www.republicwireless.com/

Cars:

It's cheaper to drive a beater (old crap car), and repair it all the time that it is to have a car payment and full insurance on a new car. I drive a 1996 POS and keep up on maintenance, when it dies beyond repair I have enough cash in the bank to buy a replacement the next day. Things to keep up on, changing: belts, hoses, filters, batteries, fluids, spark plugs, brakes, tires, wipers, etc. Find a good mechanic you trust, they are like gold.

You can buy used tires with 65-70% used tread for about 50% the cost of new ones if you hunt around used tire places. It's not good to have 4 odd pairs of tires however. Try to get in sets of 2 at least.

TV:

Cable SUCKS man! Get a roku 3, and you can use the plex app to stream anything you can download to your TV, it also supports netflix, hulu plus, amazon, gets all the national news, tons of free channels, more than anyone could ever ever watch. Amazon video is free with a prime subscription. Cable is expensive and has 99999999 channels with absolutely nothing on. If you download a lot invest in a good VPN that doesn't log, and is based out of the usa. EarthVPN is based out of Northern Cyprus and it costs $4.00 a month for a 1GBPS connection, no logs. You can use clients like VUSE to bind to that VPN connection in case the vpn disconnects.

You can also get an HD antenna and get many free to air tv stations.

http://www.roku.com/

http://www.earthvpn.com/‎

Shipped to your door cheaper than you can buy at walmart LOL:

Amazon is cheaper for many things than walmart, seriously if you have prime you get free 2nd day shipping too and a free amazon video subscription. If you order a lot from amazon it's worth it. Yes amazon sells grocery items too. They sell just about everything man.

http://www.amazon.com

Electricity hogging appliances:

Your dryer and hot water heater use a lot of electricity. Dry your clothes outside, and tumble air fluff no heat to make them fluffy and not stiff. Install a low flow shower head, and do navy showers with luke warm water to save on energy.

Great and cheap low flow shower head:

http://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Earth-Massage-1-25GPM-showerhead/dp/B003UQ17O4/

Great drying rack:

http://www.amazon.com/Badoogi-BDP-V12-Foldable-Compact-Storage/dp/B008BM3G50/

Cheap Clothes, Dishes, and stuff:

You would not believe how many pairs of really nice khakis, nice button up shirts, dress shoes, etc can be found at thrift stores for like a buck each. Blankets, towels, winter jackets! They have everything! Wash them in hot water, and dry them on high heat and you are good to go! Most of these are in like new condition.

Dishes too, glasses, steel pots, silverware, cast iron pans, super cheap! Appliances too!

Laundry:

You do not need brand name detergent LOL. Tide doesn't do a better job. At the very most buy generic bleach alternative (sodium percarbonate same chemical as oxiclean) and generic borax to boost your detergent. 99% of the time this is unnecessary.

You do not need the amount they tell you that you need. Use exactly 1/2 what they tell you to, get double the loads. I get a bottle of generic 32 load rain fresh laundry detergent for $1.00 at the dollar store. It does 64 loads. Lot's of people go on and on about how cheap it is to make your own laundry detergent... LOLLLLLLLLLL I spend $4.00 a year max on washing clothes. I am not going to waste time trying to make my own when I spend $4.00 per year.

If you live in an apartment without a washer/dryer and don't want to waste money at the laundromat never fear:

Cheap manual washer easier and quicker than you would imagine:

http://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Washer-Manual-Washing-Machine/dp/B002QUAPSO/

or

Washer and dryer combo (spin dry only):

http://www.amazon.com/Panda-Compact-Portable-Washing-Capacity/dp/B00AW04ZMM/

and

Good drying rack:

http://www.amazon.com/Badoogi-BDP-V12-Foldable-Compact-Storage/dp/B008BM3G50/

Razor Blades:

You know those 5 blade stupid expensive razor blades? Yeah they don't tell you is you can resharpen those while you shower lol. It won't work forever but I get 4-5 months per blade.

Run the blade backwards on your forearm while in the shower 20 times before you shave. If it cuts hair you are doing it wrong, it should be the opposite motion you make when shaving.

Here is some creepy old shirtless dude who bears a strange resemblance to Donald Rumsfeld, demonstrating how to do this:

PC Gaming/Computers:

Do you like pc gaming? Good so do I. Did you know if you have virtually any quad core cpu and 4GB of ram you can upgrade your power supply and get a nice $250.00 video card and still play virtually any game on the market well?

Anything near 3GHz quad core even if it is 45nm is still just fine and dandy, and upgrading to a new cpu isn't going to help much at all. All you need is a new video card to play the latest games well.

Don't waste your money on a new pc unless you have a dual core.

Groceries/Food:

Buy a chest freezer, so you can stock up when something cheap is on sale. You can freeze bread and milk and just about everything else too. Lettuce not so much. If you toast frozen bread, you will not ever know it was frozen.

Don't buy fresh produce unless you 100% know you will use it all, potatoes and onions are exceptions as they keep well.

Buy a crock pot, seriously do it! Get a big one! Soak some dry (not canned) black beans on low for several hours, drain the water and replace it, then chop up an onion, toss in some bullion cubes, add favorite spices, and boom high protein, high antioxidant meal much cheaper than meat. Let it cook while you are work for an easy dinner, or overnight so it's ready for lunch. Just make sure you cook on low with lots of water if not home.

Shop at bargain grocery stores with dent and ding cans, usually you can find insane deals in the freezer section and there is nothing at all wrong with the food. Use discount stores like Aldi if the dent and ding place does not have what you were looking for. Aldi is great!!! Seriously it's awesome go there like tomorrow.

Bottled Water:

Don't buy bottled water get a distillation unit! This will produce distilled water which is fluoride free. You will need to add a pinch of baking soda to remineralize the water so it doesn't taste bad.

Dental Care:

Brush your teeth with Burt's bees toothpaste and let it soak into your teeth while you shower, it has a compound called novamin which remineralizes your teeth with phosphorus and calcium, no cavities for many years even though I use the fluoride free version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NovaMin

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

The problem really isn't men vs women. Most people are really awful people, men and women both.

This awful just manifests in different ways for men and women.

you message seems to imply that one shouldn't try to turn a prostitute into a wife.

maybe we should look at women differently

not as living companions, married or not.

women are wonderful creatures for falling in love with

from 16 till 20

before they turn

• Like 2

The problem really isn't men vs women. Most people are really awful people, men and women both.

This awful just manifests in different ways for men and women.

yup.

your tips on saving money are great

what are your tips on coping with life living among awful people?

yup.

your tips on saving money are great

what are your tips on coping with life living among awful people?

Don't. Live alone, choose your friends wisely even if that means complete and total isolation.

You are going to die anyway, it doesn't really matter how many friends you collect on facebook before you die. This is especially true if they are insincere or evil friends.

"An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."

-Buddha

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Don't. Live alone, choose your friends wisely even if that means complete and total isolation.

You are going to die anyway, it doesn't really matter how many friends you collect on facebook before you die. This is especially true if they are insincere or evil friends.

are friends even necessary?

for what?

if one needs a chat

one goes to the internet

where one has absolute control of the conversation

without getting punch in the face

do you live in total isolation?

relationship-wise, i mean

As long as you are friends with yourself then I'd say no.

I have some good friends I actually care about, a few I've met here on this forum.

Ultimately you have to care about and look after yourself, if you can't be your own friend then you can't expect anyone else to be either.

Right now I am single and have no plans to date anyone romantically in the future. Relationships require a large investment in terms of emotional, and psychic/spiritual energy. Relationships are also very financially draining, and have usually no or very low return on investment(for me at least).

I've got a few girls who call me every now and then for some company but mostly I keep to myself. I don't want to get romantically involved with anyone unless they share a carbon copy of my psyche, and we are on the same frequency and wavelength in all respects.

Finding someone like myself might make the sacrifices worth it, but not something I am actively seeking.

Right now I am single and have no plans to date anyone romantically in the future. Relationships require a large investment in terms of emotional, and psychic/spiritual energy. Relationships are also very financially draining, and have usually no or very low return on investment(for me at least).

I've got a few girls who call me every now and then for some company but mostly I keep to myself. I don't want to get romantically involved with anyone unless they share a carbon copy of my psyche, and we are on the same frequency and wavelength in all respects.

Finding someone like myself might make the sacrifices worth it, but not something I am actively seeking.

sooner or later, one runs into a relationship

because there is an aversion to being alone

you need someone to enjoy your black beans with

it's unfortunate that they muck up your bathroom with their stuff

I would rather be alone than with the wrong person though. I can't explain how empty it feels to be with someone you cannot relate to on any level.

“People think being alone makes you lonely, but I don't think that's true. Being surrounded by the wrong people is the loneliest thing in the world.”

― Kim Culbertson

sooner or later, one runs into a relationship
because there is an aversion to being alone

you need someone to enjoy your black beans with
it's unfortunate that they muck up your bathroom with their stuff

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

I would rather be alone than with the wrong person though.

they are always the right person

until they become the wrong person

how many right persons have you run through by now?

So far I've never met a right person.

they are always the right person

until they become the wrong person

how many right persons have you run through by now?

So far I've never met a right person.

you mean to say that you let the wrong person into your life?

or were you making up stuff about women being awful and turning into yoda?

what kind of women are they?

too tough may not be good

Tough? No. Just good. Not high maintenance, not looking for someone to take care of them sometimes not even looking for someone to be with...

Most women I've dated in my life have been more career motivated than me. I've met a couple that would love for me to be the stay at home dad, if things had gone that far.

I highly value solitude and need a LOT of time to myself.

But still, for me, friends are a necessity for a full, rich life.

You guys must really attract some crappy folks...I have so many truly great people in my life it's actually turned into a stress, because I can't figure out how to get the solo time I need, and still maintain the relationships I have with them.

Unfortunately what's happening is that the ones who don't understand me are pushing away, thinking I must not like them enough since I don't hang out enough. The ones who "get it" are fairly ok with seeing me when they see me, so long as they see that I do make some effort.

Anyway...

Edited by i am

sounds like you are man # 1, the guy who likes being who he is.

the women like you

the men like you

so, why are you here in a forum of men # 3?

Is that directed toward me or pie guy?

I don't know what man #s mean.

I'm on this forum because its a rare place that I can actually connect with other people interested in spiritual matters, and hopefully learn very important things.

Edited by i am

Is that directed toward me or pie guy?

I don't know what man #s mean.

I'm on this forum because its a rare place that I can actually connect with other people interested in spiritual matters, and hopefully learn very important things.

man #s are related to the 7 levels of humanity

man # 1 is a guy who likes it here in this reality, get along well with folks and has no plans to get out.

man # 3 is a guy like me who finds this reality imprisoning and looking to get out.

well, seems like this forum is the place to be for man # 1.

You're right. I view this life and this world as a paradise, though I need to remind myself of that often. I cultivate, and if my energy merges with the great universal energy and I move on after this life, awesome!

But you better believe I'm having a great time in this life, as much as I can, and not a miserable downer to people who I interact with.

Yeah life is full of suffering, but its also full of awesome shit. How you take it determines if this life, illusion or not, is a paradise or a hell to escape.

Probably why Buddhism doesn't speak to me as strongly as Taoism.

Edited by i am

99.9% of the women I've dated have been really awful people, most who just want a free ride.

I've dated people who were wrong for me because they were good in bed, but it makes me feel really hollow inside to fake a relationship with a really fake person.

I am just tired of playing that game of pretending to like someone I really don't like at all just to get sex. It feels wrong on many levels.

I've never dated someone I thought was a good person, and that is what I think is most important.

Beauty fades but being a succubus, drama queen lasts forever.

That's why I recommend valuing finding a good person over a good looking person.

you mean to say that you let the wrong person into your life?

or were you making up stuff about women being awful and turning into yoda?

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

99.9% of the women I've dated have been really awful people, most who just want a free ride.

does wanting a free ride makes women awful?

if they were good in bed, that counts for something.

if you accept that nothing is free in this world

then you do owe them something for the good times

just make sure that what you give them in return

is commensurate with what you got from them,

at market rate

this way, you won't come out, to them, as a leech looking for free rides

I've dated people who were wrong for me because they were good in bed, but it makes me feel really hollow inside to fake a relationship with a really fake person.

then don't fake it.

be up front about it

women, above 18, are no fools generally.

I am just tired of playing that game of pretending to like someone I really don't like at all just to get sex. It feels wrong on many levels.

i find this hard to process.

if you want the sex, they had to be appealing at some level

how is it possible to have sex with someone you don't like?

even the necrophile likes the cadaver

I've never dated someone I thought was a good person, and that is what I think is most important.

maybe there are no good women

i am sure you have seen guys with their women who, to your mind, are not good people

maybe your idea of a good woman is a fantasy

Beauty fades but being a succubus, drama queen lasts forever.

maybe the problem lies with men

whose connection with women is wholly sexual

if you want a nice meal, you date a cook

if you want sex, you date a hooker.

if you want affection, you get a dog

wanting all three in one package would be a real deal

don't you think this is a compulsive obsession

to come up with another great tip to save money?

That's why I recommend valuing finding a good person over a good looking person.

yup, one have to make a choice

it's either life with mother teresa or holly sonders

life's a bitch

Edited by narveen

If I wanted to support someone so I could get sex I'd hire a prostitute.

I've been trying to find someone I could at least be friends with on some level, and have good chemistry in the bedroom, and who wasn't a bipolar, with some personality disorder or something.

Seems like trying to win the lottery however.

does wanting a free ride makes women awful?

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

if you accept that nothing is free in this world

then you do owe them something for the good times

I know man, but I can dream can't I? I imagine that somewhere out there is woman who shares my dreams, passions, interests, etc., someone I would really connect with on a soul level, who didn't have any sort of mental problems or personality disorder, who was good in the bed and had a high libido, who didn't want children ever, who worked together with me financially instead of expecting me to support her, who pursued my dreams with me as they were her dreams too, someone that worked together as a team towards a common goal.

That's my idea of love.

Sign in to follow this