becomethepath

Bad friends and companions

I like your post

I would like to mention there are some cool people around though, like for instance..where I live a city..one can go on meetup.com..go to certain groups, make like minded friends, also some other hobbys etc, also it depends on how much you want to share or if you feel the need to share certain types of info with everyone. I dont think you should, travelling is cool too, or the place you live..all this matters on some amount of money of course.

I do agree somewhat on your OP btw, but I would advise avoiding creating isolating belief systems for yourself or any negative ones through conversation it is an easy habit to make or re-create.

Edited by skydog
  • Like 2

Word.

Also a lot of good people in the world.. You are right OP, but it is just my reccomendation to keep some awareness of the words you use.

Edited by skydog

So my mom brought home a ton of buddha statues last night. ....

Why?

To sell, she wants to open up a small buddha statue shop.

OK ... is this a lucrative line of business?

I don't think so. She wants to sell incense sticks and buddha statues, don't see any profit in that.

Edited by becomethepath

I don't think so. She wants to sell incense sticks and buddha statues, don't see any profit in that.

depends where you live I guess ... good luck to her... though I hope she sees the Buddha as more than an ornament ...

No we are actually buddhist/ discples of a buddhist guru. She was thinking about opening up a buddha shop but she cahnged her mind. She already bought the statues so its too late already, but the guru also had asked for buddha statues to cast light on. So it's whatever.

To cast light on? Who is the guru? what school of buddhism?

i don't really know the exact meaning translation in chinese

Tao Currents.

i don't want to say because i want to keep my identity private, to cast light on basically means to welcome buddha in the statue, i don't really know the exact meaning translation in chinese, but lot of buddhist alters in traditional buddhist families all have been casted light by buddhist monks and practitioners. Not really sure the exact school of buddhism, still young and learning, but it involves buddha, bodhistavvas and deities.

Ok I didn't mean to pry I was just interested . Sounds like Chinese mahayana. Good luck with it ... hope it brings you much peace and happiness.

OK ... is this a lucrative line of business?

People like Buddha, Budai (Laughing Buddha) and Ganesha statues to bring good luck. Ironically neither Buddhists nor Hindus regard any of them as good luck charms, rather, as representations of their faiths. It's like someone keeping Fu Lu Shou figurines for good luck.

When I was little I used to have a lot of nightmares. In one dream I went lucid when the bad guy almost killed me and I time traveled to the moment before and went outside the house. Outside I saw lots of grass and something running through it. It looked like a dog and had red eyes, the description fit the nightmare dogs that they say live all over Europe and probably where I lived. It attacked me and made me wake up, since then I had only nightmarish dogs in my dreams. They all had weird legs, kinda like this:

tumblr_mnky2zNZff1ryjo2lo1_1280.jpg

I would get chased, bitten and jumped. Always had them around in my dreams and still do. Sometimes I would be running away with some other kids and one night we saw one of these dogs sitting somewhere chained. Other kids were very freaked out and I had a strange idea of walking up to it and petting it. It was very scary but I still went. I petted the dog and said that it was OK but the other kids were still scared and I woke up.

Since then I would rarely have nightmares in a traditional sense. The dogs would come back and be very very scary but they were my friends now. In one dream the whole neighborhood was abandoned because everyone was afraid of wolves. I was walking around and a wolf saw me, so I ran. It chased me and some other wolves joined the chase. Then I saw something that looked like a safe place, I thought that I was safe but the wolves ran ahead of me and I was scared that they would get me... but they were just playing with me, even though I was running because they scared me lol. In another dream a huge dog jumped me and I fought it. When I thought I won, it turned into an injured person and said, "Come closer, I have to tell you something" when I did so, he turned back into a dog and with a horrifying bark like voice said, "It's morning time to wake up"

I would also sometimes see a dog chase some kids around but they never hurt me, they felt like an entity too and they kept away nightmares from me this whole time. With that in mind, I don't think what you've done might have been a right thing

• Like 1

I think you should go after what you really want.

Not what you think you want.

Not what you should want.

Not what people think you should want.

But what YOU really want.

Do you want to have friends who will look out for you, notice when you aren't around, invite you out to places, date you, fuck you, kiss you, miss you, help you move out/into your apartment, give you a lift when your car is in the shop, etc?

Do you want to be a spiritual enlightened person and have flowers spring up in the grass where you walk?

Long term, I'd like to be enlightened. But we're talking multiple lives away.

In the short term, I want to have friends, a girlfriend, someone to have sex with, people to hang out, have a drink with, go see a movie. It's nice when someone says "hey, want to come out with us?" and even if you say no, have them ask you again and you go out fun places.

If you really didn't want all of that, you wouldn't be thinking about all of the fun other people are "supposedly having." You'd be absorbed in your own fun right now.

If you aren't absorbed in your own fun, then you're thinking of what other people are doing, that means you don't want what you're doing. At least not all the way.

I'd say focus on EXACTLY what it is you think you're missing out on (a big crowd of friends, a non-clingy girlfriend, etc) and go after EXACTLY that.

Know some people going out? Say "hey guys, are you going out this Friday? Mind if I show up?" and just go out, buy a beer (you don't even have to drink all of it, but it is nice to have it in your hand, and less awkward) and just talk to people you're out with.

Want to find a girlfriend? Yeah, go to meet up groups, get a dating profile, walk up to girls that you see over the course of your day and just start talking, ask them places, say "hey, I'm about to grab some lunch, you eaten yet?" or something casual, no expectations, and just see where that takes you.

You may find that these things aren't what you REALLY want, in which case, on to the next thing. It's a constant process.

Sometimes you might want something, sometimes another. You always have to be aware.

Otherwise, you won't ever by happy, and have a lot of frustration to deal with.

Do you want to be a spiritual enlightened person and have flowers spring up in the grass where you walk?

Long term, I'd like to be enlightened. But we're talking multiple lives away.

Tao Currents.

just exorcised you bro, that was me, wanzushri bam. i was the guy who sent her back to hell or wherever that shit comes from

Edited by Fū Yue

check out dream moods dictionary; http://dreammoods.com/cgibin/dreamdictionarysearch.pl?method=exact&header=dreamsymbol&search=dog

When I was little I used to have a lot of nightmares. In one dream I went lucid when the bad guy almost killed me and I time traveled to the moment before and went outside the house. Outside I saw lots of grass and something running through it. It looked like a dog and had red eyes, the description fit the nightmare dogs that they say live all over Europe and probably where I lived. It attacked me and made me wake up, since then I had only nightmarish dogs in my dreams. They all had weird legs, kinda like this:

tumblr_mnky2zNZff1ryjo2lo1_1280.jpg

I would get chased, bitten and jumped. Always had them around in my dreams and still do. Sometimes I would be running away with some other kids and one night we saw one of these dogs sitting somewhere chained. Other kids were very freaked out and I had a strange idea of walking up to it and petting it. It was very scary but I still went. I petted the dog and said that it was OK but the other kids were still scared and I woke up.

Since then I would rarely have nightmares in a traditional sense. The dogs would come back and be very very scary but they were my friends now. In one dream the whole neighborhood was abandoned because everyone was afraid of wolves. I was walking around and a wolf saw me, so I ran. It chased me and some other wolves joined the chase. Then I saw something that looked like a safe place, I thought that I was safe but the wolves ran ahead of me and I was scared that they would get me... but they were just playing with me, even though I was running because they scared me lol. In another dream a huge dog jumped me and I fought it. When I thought I won, it turned into an injured person and said, "Come closer, I have to tell you something" when I did so, he turned back into a dog and with a horrifying bark like voice said, "It's morning time to wake up"

I would also sometimes see a dog chase some kids around but they never hurt me, they felt like an entity too and they kept away nightmares from me this whole time. With that in mind, I don't think what you've done might have been a right thing

Curiosity is the word. Reasons--causes for past-present events are endless among those that are concerned at heart' and flows like branches of a willow tree. There's no end to agony and ecstasy, Life is based on these two energies. Once their misery is satisfied, something else surfaces for more of the same play, except this time it's with a whole different stroke for different folk! :blink:;)

Out of curiosity, what do you guys feel the reason behind the shadiness you perceive in so many of the world's people is? Is it that they are just THAT desperate, insecure and miserable within themselves at such a deep level that, in their desperation, insecurity and misery they do what they can to bring other people down to their level?

As someone said in another thread recently, it could be that "insanity" is the norm amongst the masses in this day and age (and maybe most others?) But why is it that way? Does it have to be? Perhaps it simply stems from ignorance - Bliss, only for the insane.

"It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society" - Krishnamurti

With that said, it's still a better idea to focus on that which you hold as "good" for you as you go about your life; "Where attention goes, energy flows", as they say - I'm learning that the hard (read: experiential) way.

Best wishes.

• Like 1