Sign in to follow this  
cheya

Intro from Cheya

Hello from Cheya

A few months ago I was exploring my life goals/purpose, and after much searching I came up with something that truly surprised me:

"Follow the chi 'til it leads to the Tao."

Those words touched a deep longing, even though I didn't really know what following the chi to the Tao might mean.

Then, last month I found a book that gives a road map for doing exactly that! Waysun Liao's book, Nine Nights with a Taoist Master, has inspired my chi practice and sent me looking for Tao friends on the path. For me, intuitively, feeling the chi has always been the most important thing, so I'm very excited to find Master Liao's specific instructions for developing the feeling of life energy and using it to connect with the Tao! Tao Gong! What a concept!

I've been practicing mostly daily for about 3 years, currently doing some Frantzis Energy Gate exercises, along with mix and match from earlier teachers. Also, walking my dogs across the hill behind my home, a walking chi practice has emerged that seems related to the energy pump effect I get from swing arms and Energy Gate practices. Movement is an energy pump! Thinking stops it! (Okay, I know: DUH!) Having been totally focused on staying with chi feeling, now it's time to move it with my mind, and also to generate it (join it?) strongly without needing to move to maintain the sensation.

That's where I'm at right now, looking for friends/teachers/info/resources focused on feeling the chi life energy and actually experiencing the Tao.

I certainly can't call myself a Taoist or inhabit Taoism as I've usually found it. I'm not into ritual, or social gatherings to figure out how to do religion right. (Not that I'd find any of that stuff on a site called TaoBums!) But I sure do like the translation and interpretation of the Tao Te Ching I've found in Nine Nights. That kind of Taoist is a whole 'nother story. Literally.

Otherwise, I'm a bodyworker, writing a book on sustainable health care, into nutrition, detoxification, light therapy, color puncture, and natural healing strategies, Osho Rajneesh, Carlos Castenada, and other stuff I'll remember and wish I'd included right after I push the send button.

Many thanks to all those who had the vision to put this site online.

• Like 1

Hi Cheya

I follow your steps in this site, registering few days later!

Nice to find people like you here! Interested in Osho, healing and Tao at the same time! :-)

And read the Nine Nights - I hope the one by Master Liao, whose school I attend.

Let me know if you are in Chicagoland, as I try to find more friends in the area.

Sometimes it's suffocating looking around...:-)

evgeny

Thanks for the welcome, Trunk!

I'd be very interested in what you think of the book if you check it out.

I checked out AlchemicalTaoism.com. Great links, especially the chi-bodywork connections. I've already started playing with the ball massage. The links to Plato's original descriptions didn't seem to work but I got to it with Google cache.

Cheya

"And read the Nine Nights - I hope the one by Master Liao, whose school I attend."

evgeny

Hi evgeny,

How long have you been studying with Master Liao?

I watched his Tao Gong video, and give mixed reviews. The review from my mental side: it was largely a reiteration of what was covered in Nine Nights, and his Chi-Life Energy Book, and not nearly as well presented . The energetic review might be different ...the next day, it seemed my practice was quite enhanced in terms of feeling the chi. So, whatcha think? Could Master Liao possibly broadcast Te to viewers of the video? Or is this just a really juicy spring and an overactive imagination?

Cheya

Hi again, evgeny,

Opps. I got the DVD titles mixed up.

The Tao Gong video has been helpful. It was the Tao Journey DVD I was a bit disappointed in, when I wrote:

"I watched his vi [Tao Journdy] DVD, and give mixed reviews. The review from my mental side: it was largely a reiteration of what was covered in Nine Nights, and his Chi-Life Energy Book, and not nearly as well presented . The energetic review might be different ...the next day, it seemed my practice was quite enhanced in terms of feeling the chi."

Cheya

Bump (I just bought the book :) ) Welcome to da Bums (you know..... last year.)

Edited by DarinHamel

Bump (I just bought the book smile.gif ) Welcome to da Bums (you know..... last year.)

Hi Darin,
Reading Nine Nights with the Taoist Master has heralded huge changes in both my understanding and my practice. On the one hand, it's just a simple fable with the Tao Te Ching embedded within the text. On the other hand, for me, it has been a continuuous learning experience.

I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

PS You've inspired me. I'm gonna post a book review.

Sign in to follow this