4bsolute

Is there an element in Hinduism with which the Element of Wood can be compared with?

Dear Ones,

I find it not easy to comprehend the Chinese Element of Wood with the view on the Universe of Hinduism. Even tho I am no Hindu, it makes more sense to me. But that does not mean anything

Is there an element in Hinduism with which the Element of Wood can be compared with?

Kind regards.

Dear Ones,

I find it not easy to comprehend the Chinese Element of Wood with the view on the Universe of Hinduism. Even tho I am no Hindu, it makes more sense to me. But that does not mean anything

Kind regards.

Stick with the Indian Hindu/Buddhist element system which forms the basis of all the tantric systems, such as Vajrayana.

• Like 2

Wood is composed of secondary xylem, which are vessel elements used to carry water and solutes. Veins like in your body, but lignified.

Edited by teknix
  • Like 1

Minerals make up many of the solutes so it would probably be water + ground = wood?

The potential is within the seed, and the elements are the requirements.

Edited by teknix
  • Like 1

Philosophically they are describing different things. The Hindu elements are things, the Daoist elements are functions. The Hindu elements describe an evolution of the subtle universe into matter. The Daosit elements describe five energetic movements. It's like the Hindus are describing the Big Bang turning into nebula, stars, and planets and the Daoists are just explaining how everything works. But both being complete systems, they both do get used both ways.

If you look at the medical systems they don't really correspond well with one another, not cleanly. Ayurveda emphasizes the three doshas, vata, pitta, and kapha. Vata is air and ether, pitta is fire and water, and kapha is earth and water. In Chinese medicine vata symptoms would be described as problems with liver and kidney (wood and water), pitta as heart and liver (fire and wood) problems, and kapha as spleen and kidney problems (earth and water).

There are many correlations between the two systems, but things don't match up cleanly. You can't just say this = that. But I think it's good to study both. From a medical perspective I've definitely gleaned some insights from Ayurveda that improve my Chinese medicine practice.

Edited by 松永道
  • Like 1

The Hindu and Buddhist element system is the same.

Its better to say Indian element system vs Chinese element system.